Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not defending anyone. I'm just saying I don't think the fans should be having a go about investment in the squad. Yes they can have a go about the skimming of profits and no investment in infrastructure.

Is ironic really. They get the money put into the football side and aren't happy. We get money put into infrastructure and aren't happy.

Nice symmetry

They spend money the club makes on players. They're such a rich club they should be able to develop the facilities too, but that money is spent on servicing debt they took out to buy the club.

Without the Glazers I imagine United would have either massively redeveloped Old Trafford or built a new stadium. And had more success on the pitch. They've taken hundreds of millions of pounds out of club. It's scandalous and should never have been allowed to happen.

Last edited:
Sadly, most would just be getting our game called off so they don't have to sit through 90mins of us.
"Tottenham supporters have stormed the pitch at White Hart Lane in protest after the starting lineup was leaked, it showed both Winks and Sissoko were going to be starting the match for the Lilywhites"

They spend money the clubs makes on players. They're such a rich club they should be able to develop the facilities too, but that money is spent on servicing debt they took out to buy the club.

Without the Glazers I imagine United would have either massively redeveloped Old Trafford or built a new stadium. And had more success on the pitch. They've taken hundreds of millions of pounds out of club. It's scandalous and should never have been allowed to happen.
I don't disagree but I have very little sympathy sorry

They spend money the clubs makes on players. They're such a rich club they should be able to develop the facilities too, but that money is spent on servicing debt they took out to buy the club.

Its worth noting they multiplied revenues compared to the previous lot. Good chance there would be no extra money without the Glazers squeezing every penny.

*I think they are cunts and leveraged buyouts should be banned.

Smashing up the cameras, taking corner flags.

Fair enough if trespass isn't against the law England. I just assumed it was. I know in NA it is against the law to just walk into private property whenever you like, but obviously I am not as familiar with English law if that is not the case.
wont' somebody please think of the corner flags.....

Oh No Omg GIF by The Office

Trespass with intent is an offence (if that can be proved) though, I think?

Remembering something about that in the A Level Law I took many years back.
I thought that trespassing wasn’t a criminal offence until the trespasser refused to leave when asked to do so and then it becomes obstruction which is the offence?

Why did the game get called off??

Surely you just eject the fans and close the gates so they can't get back in.

Have the players and managers become so molly coddled that the slightest thing will "Upset their game".

If Kane gets injured for an important game, can we just go up and protest and get the games called off until he's fit again?
Probably deemed too risky for the teams to arrive at the stadium.

Trespass with intent is an offence (if that can be proved) though, I think?

Remembering something about that in the A Level Law I took many years back.
No, hence why Irish travellers get away with it. Although there are proposals to make it an offence to intentionally trespass.
Funnily enough, I was talking to a police officer about this a couple of weeks ago. They managed to charge someone for trespass with intent to commit a sexual offence, which I didn't know existed, because of items found in the defendant's car and messages on his phone (they just arrested for suspected burglary initially).

They’ve taken £2b out of the Club, whilst putting £0 in and loading the Club with almost a £1b of debt which they used to buy the Club with!!

One of the greatest business deals every pulled off. The only thing worse to have happened elsewhere in football are the owners that have asset striped by selling the stadium or bankrupted the clubs.

I thought that trespassing wasn’t a criminal offence until the trespasser refused to leave when asked to do so and then it becomes obstruction which is the offence?
Yeah, pretty much or disrupting. You would be surprised how often the police have to remove people who just refuse to leave residential houses. My police mate talks about it all the time.

No, hence why Irish travellers get away with it. Although there are proposals to make it an offence to intentionally trespass.
Funnily enough, I was talking to a police officer about this a couple of weeks ago. They managed to charge someone for trespass with intent to commit a sexual offence, which I didn't know existed, because of items found in the defendant's car and messages on his phone (they just arrested for suspected burglary initially).
So... 'trespass with intent....' is still an offence, that's what I said.

Don't think anyone has ever said that - everything has a price - the point is you can't make owners walk away for next to nothing - FSG paid 300m for Liverpool and last week rejected a bid of 3 billion - that's despite fans wanting them out.

Ashley has been hated in Newcastle for years - yet he's still the owner.

Fans may be the "heart" of the club, but the shareholders are the owners, loved or hated.
Ashley is still the owner because Newcastle fans keep going to Newcastle games, likewise the Glazers still own Utd as the fans, although protested them before never really “protested” them, those who did fucked off and started another club, but this time they may all be United in forcing them out, if that happens the Glazers have no real choice but to look for buyers....
It all boils down to how United the fans are, split, they have no chance, like us and Woolwich , we are stuck with what we have, but a United front by fans at Man U and they force change.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom