Leeds United vs Tottenham Hotspur | Saturday 8 May | 12.30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I remember a game in the 70s that we won 2-1
The fuckers ambushed us on a bridge near the station but we held our ground and nobody took a backwards step
Plod not happy and really waded in!
Great fun 🤩
Obviously in the days before you was a paid up member of the Party of Law & Order Baz?

Obviously in the days before you was a paid up member of the Party of Law & Order Baz?
Yes I was about 17 and voted for Harold Wilson shortly afterwards!

I bet you were a Ted Heath fan
lol

I used to wear two badges on the lapels of my Crombie

“Heath Out”
&
“I hate Leeds”

I only found out last year how hated Leeds were for their football team/ fans.

Was a bit surprised as I've never heard a bad word about the place or the uni.

Genuinely: what is it about them? And are they as bad as West Ham?

Unlike you Baz it's been Spurs and Labour for life!
I can testify for Spurs being a lifetime thing but politics are different
You can’t compare Blair’s Labour to Wilson’s or Callaghan’s for instance
Anymore than you can compare Boris’s Tories to Thatchers
But I get your point

As far as I know, they had a reputation of playing dirty back in the 60's when they were managed by Don Revie, didn't help that they were quite successful under him. Aside from that, Leeds's fanbase has a bad reputation; racist, aggresive, antisemticic, you name it.

As far as I know, they had a reputation of playing dirty back in the 60's when they were managed by Don Revie, didn't help that they were quite successful under him. Aside from that, Leeds's fanbase has a bad reputation; racist, aggresive, antisemticic, you name it.

Brian Clough even told the squad he had just become manager of that they should throw their medals in the bin as they had won them by cheating!!

Leeds in general is a seriously racist area

Their fans are sub human scum based on the interactions I’ve had with them

Proper dead behind the eyes simpletons up there

Shame as I like most other places in Yorkshire, but Leeds, not for me

Got to start Bale and Toby.
Jose thought differently but here you have two players who have genuinely been world class but retain enough of that magic to be totally worthy of inclusion in this Spurs team any and every time.
Despite their ages, Toby was massive in the League Cup final and Bale .. yesterday...........

Will be an open game.

As said elsewhere, don't care how 'well' Aurier played yesterday: he shouldn't play for us ever again, and as we're playing a team outside the relegation zone, he'll no doubt make a costly mistake. Championship is his level. Fuck him off.

Give the youngsters some time, and go with Bales, Son, Kane and Lucas upfront.

This game will be simply a case of who scores more.

I expect a 3-2 or 4-3 or something.

I remember a game in the 70s that we won 2-1
The fuckers ambushed us on a bridge near the station but we held our ground and nobody took a backwards step
Plod not happy and really waded in!
Great fun 🤩
2 for Chivers if I remember correctly. We played in amber coloured shirts.
Leeds had a brilliant team but didn’t get the recognition they deserved because they were such a dirty bunch of bastards.
Giles being the worst
Elland Road is a proper nuthouse. This will become obvious next season with fans back.

Back
Top Bottom