Leeds United vs Tottenham Hotspur | Saturday 8 May | 12.30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

2 for Chivers if I remember correctly. We played in amber coloured shirts.
Leeds had a brilliant team but didn’t get the recognition they deserved because they were such a dirty bunch of bastards.
Giles being the worst
Elland Road is a proper nuthouse. This will become obvious next season with fans back.
They just couldn’t handle Chivers that day despite using every dirty trick in the book and inventing a few of their own!

It was a great day rounded off with meeting the great man Billy Nic in the dining salon on the train back
Lovely man sparing a few moments of his time chatting with a few reprobates and signing autographs!

In the 70s teams often travelled by train
We encountered Alan Ball once when he was playing for the Scum so he was fair game and we all suddenly developed high pitch squeaky voices!!
He took it well though and had a laugh calling us a bunch of wankers!

I only found out last year how hated Leeds were for their football team/ fans.

Was a bit surprised as I've never heard a bad word about the place or the uni.

Genuinely: what is it about them? And are they as bad as West Ham?
Dirty Leeds was their nickname.
Went there in the late 90s and it is the only place I have been really worried about my safety.

Will be an open game.

As said elsewhere, don't care how 'well' Aurier played yesterday: he shouldn't play for us ever again, and as we're playing a team outside the relegation zone, he'll no doubt make a costly mistake. Championship is his level. Fuck him off.

Give the youngsters some time, and go with Bales, Son, Kane and Lucas upfront.

This game will be simply a case of who scores more.

I expect a 3-2 or 4-3 or something.
Doherty and Tanganga are poor substitutes. We have no choice but to play Aurier until we upgrade this summer.

Agree with others, same starting line up. We will then see how certain players perform under more pressure. The defence especially but Bale has only scored against teams in the bottom half of the league and only at home. I think that is not a reflection of him but that the team cannot get the ball to him in the harder matches. Leeds will attack us which should suit us.

Will be an open game.

As said elsewhere, don't care how 'well' Aurier played yesterday: he shouldn't play for us ever again, and as we're playing a team outside the relegation zone, he'll no doubt make a costly mistake. Championship is his level. Fuck him off.

Give the youngsters some time, and go with Bales, Son, Kane and Lucas upfront.

This game will be simply a case of who scores more.

I expect a 3-2 or 4-3 or something.
God I hate you.

You are the worst poster to have ever existed on any forum ever.

You are also the biggest waste of life that ever popped out of a womb.

Delete your account.

God I hate you.

You are the worst poster to have ever existed on any forum ever.

You are also the biggest waste of life that ever popped out of a womb.

Delete your account.
I’m not sure I agree he’s the worst poster... he has several rival posters on here. The difference is they are just ignorant and he’s a shitbag. Therefore,

Have to agree on the 2nd part.

Happily stand and have a row with all three of you.

Same line up as it was vs Sheff U please. With N'Dombele to come on for Dele "in the hole" if we need *something else* - just not in the midfield engine room as he clearly cant hack the pace there.

We spanked Leeds earlier in the season which very much went against the script. That was around the time when pundits were giving MOTM to the "Leeds attacking philosophy" which since about then has died a quiet death.

We should do well in this match. Leeds usually have a fade off at the end of the season due to all the heavy training schedules throughout the year. They are safe from relegation and don't really have much to play for. Add to that they play high up the pitch which gives our front men room to run about causing mischief.

As for the line up I'd put Rodon in for Dier and at least start with the rest of the same team.

Leeds is one of the few teams in the EPL where mourinho ball works perfectly. All you have to do is defend and leeds is bound to fuck up and gift opportunities. Will be interesting to see how this goes if we play attacking.

2 for Chivers if I remember correctly. We played in amber coloured shirts.
Leeds had a brilliant team but didn’t get the recognition they deserved because they were such a dirty bunch of bastards.
Giles being the worst
Elland Road is a proper nuthouse. This will become obvious next season with fans back.
For some reason I can't set this up as a media link on my phone anymore as the options are all greyed out at the top.
The 2-1 away win with chivers scoring twice was '71. I was at the game and some twat stole my scarf 😒

We were in yellow shirts
Edit- ah! Seems to be automatic now

Back
Top Bottom