Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Can someone who's seen alot of Allegri's Juve and Milan give some analysis as to how defensive he is? I just find it hard to believe you can win that many titles back to back by being so conservative especially with teams packed full of attacking talent.

Allegri is the kind of name that will make other stand up and take notice, i agree if he's not the right man fair enough, but it would be nice to see a bit of a breakdown on his style of football

Quick eg. in his last season at JUVE - played, Won, Drew, Lost, GF, GA, GD, Points

1Juventus (C)3829457727+5091

this doesn't look conservative or defensive
I dunno about a lot, but I've seen his teams play, and in general they have a lot of the ball and play confident, assured football. It was not the blood and thunder of Antonio Conte, and they were quite cagey at times in the Champions League, but this was not cowardly, trolling Mourinho tactics.

What is fair to say though, I think, is that at Milan Allegri had Nesta and Thiago Silva in central defense, and at Juve he had Barzagli, Bonucci, and Chiellini. In a few of those cases they were older and perhaps past their best physically, but that's a group of some of the most reliable defenders in Europe of recent vintage, which is a platform on which tactics can be built that Eric Dier and Davinson Sanchez are, uh, not.

That said, you could see Allegri bringing prime form back out of Toby. And this is someone who made Alexandre Pato, Robinho, and Kevin-Price Boateng look like an irresistible force. He really is a top coach who has brought peak performance out of a lot of players (Pogba too).

All of this said, sounds like he might be heading back to Juventus. Andrea Agnelli is admitting his mistakes all at once, I guess.

Do me a favour - are you seriously saying that we should give one of the top jobs in football to a 29 year old rookie?

If we win the remaining 4 games it just reaffirms what a colossal cock up keeping Mourhino for so long was.

Don't compound that cock up by appointing Mason for sentimental reasons.

4 games and then back into training for him please.
I think we flatter ourselves with sentence one, working for Levy is a shit job

agree with the rest of it though

Well he can hardly set out a five year plan , give the guy a break. I don’t think he should get the job either mind you
Yeah that's fair i'm not really knocking him, he is doing the best he can. Just find his interviews are very limited in terms of what he thinks he can say ... like someone has ordered a sniper on him if he mentions a certain botched league
:levyeyes:

Please do not give Ryan the full time job.

Keep him on the new guys staff to get experience. But do not throw him in the deep end like that.

Parker now firm favourite across all bookmakers. As short as 6/4 with betfair

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/manager-specials/tottenham/next-permanent-manager

Looks like we could be following the Woolwich model (Arteta) if it materialises

Cheap option. Former player and fan favourite. Yes man.
This would be a HUGE mistake imo. It smacks yet again of the cheap option. After the disastrous and expensive Mourinho, he's bound to try to save money and the new coach is the obvious target. He hasn't done such a good job at Fulham that he should move into the big leagues. Potter if you're going for savings. Way way better.

Giving it to Mason full time would be a massive error. Every poor sub, every defeat he would have being an inexperienced novice chucked back at him. First poor run he would be under immense pressure. It could kill his career before it even started. Personally i dont want him even in the new managers backroom team, they should be allowed their own choices like Poch had. Best for Masons career if he starts div 1 or div 2 and hopefully we'd see him back in a few years.

Sky Bet still showing a couple of favourites that most are ruling out now.
Brendan Rodgers
3/1
Scott Parker
4/1
Nuno Espirito Santo
5/1
Ralf Rangnick
6/1
Erik ten Hag
8/1
Graham Potter
8/1

Out of the women's coaches she would be the best suited for a men's team job right now.

Not the Tottenham job. But she is good enough to coach on a PL level. Easily Championship level at the very least.
This is odd to say the least she had never to my knowledge coached mens football but is good enough to coach in the premier league. These are two physiologically different sports. That you can coach successfully in one does not make the other a given. She has less experience than Ryan Mason. Stupid story from a deeply stupid station.

Benitez is almost as depressing as Southgate.

Jesus. How uninspiring.

True although he is a far far superior manager. He has nearly always succeeded where he has gone but can be boring, not Jose boring (his Liverpool team was ok to watch) but still boring.

Back
Top Bottom