Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is the triumph of imagination over experience
Lol I can't believe the amount of fans just moving Dele on. He's hardly played all season, he was a large part of our good years when Poch was around.

He has dropped in form like the rest of the team but the difference is hes played less minutes than Vinicius so never had a run to try and fix things.

Are we honestly so far up ourselves that we think Dele isnt good enough for us?

Trippier, Walker, Eriksen, Foyth I can probably name more, all having a good time outside of our club yet Dele isn't good enough to have made a difference in the shit show we've seen this season?

Confidence man why can't people understand this its the defining factor most of the time in form. I use Lingard again because he's similar to Dele. Media loved him, taken on by England, dip in form and everyone is on to them. Lose their place in national team and their first teams but it always coincides with a dip in the clubs overall form. Funnily enough both players lost form completely under Mourinho.

Dele will go to a top European team and be playing champions league and you guys will scratch your heads wondering why he couldn't do it for us.

Guarantee he has a good finish to the season, come back to me in 4 games time.

Lol I can't believe the amount of fans just moving Dele on. He's hardly played all season, he was a large part of our good years when Poch was around.

He has dropped in form like the rest of the team but the difference is hes played less minutes than Vinicius so never had a run to try and fix things.

Trippier, Walker, Eriksen, Foyth I can probably name more, all having a good time outside of our club yet Dele isn't good enough to have made a difference in the shit show we've seen this season?

Confidence man why can't people understand this its the defining factor most of the time in form. I use Lingard again because he's similar to Dele. Media loved him, taken on by England, dip in form and everyone is on to them. Lose their place in national team and their first teams but it always coincides with a dip in the clubs overall form. Funnily enough both players lost form completely under Mourinho.

Dele will go to a top European team and be playing champions league and you guys will scratch your heads wondering why he couldn't do it for us.

I am sorry but the joke’s on you. He hasn’t done it for us for a long time. When he gets a chance to play he seems to more often be ok or worse. He doesn’t seem hungry. How many more years do we give him?

I am sorry but the joke’s on you. He hasn’t done it for us for a long time. When he gets a chance to play he seems to more often be ok or worse. He doesn’t seem hungry
Time will tell.

As I said, expecting him to never play and then play very well making an appearance once a month, usually in a match of less importance or poor level, after taking this club to a champions league final, top 4 consistently, you wouldn't be very motivated either to play a europa league 2nd leg or group match. Or against low league teams in fa or league cups. These guys are humans and train everyday so staying motivated for 90 mins the odd match you're chosen after the previous points about the level you've been playing is surely just constantly demotivating.

I remember years ago being slated for wanting Alderweireled and I had a strong case why he would be a perfect fit and was honestly laughed off the forum.

I don't know what he has done to illicit such hatred from his own fans - it's strange because his name remains one of the most frequently sung at games by the match going support (been to both matches this seasons that have allowed fans in for reference)

I don't know what he has done to illicit such hatred from his own fans - it's strange because his name remains one of the most frequently sung at games by the match going support (been to both matches this seasons that have allowed fans in for reference)
Honestly I think its Jose. He does this by parting fans from a common idea. There was a time fans genuinely said we didn't want any player signed to replace any of the starting 11 we loved them so much about 4 years ago and Dele was in that team.

Regular wins against Woolwich and Chelsea him scoring key goals or winners. We hardly ever beat either team full stop before Poch arrived. Always will be a legend to me at this club and how he's being treated now I just can't blame anyone but Mourinho. Deles confidence was rock bottom when Poch left and Jose gave him the same shit he gives other top players like he did Mata, always one he goes for in a new team.

I don’t think people hate him (I’d hope not anyway). He doesn’t seem to have kicked up a fuss about not being picked either. I think his development stalled a long time before Mourinho got here. There are plenty of examples where players don’t fulfill fully their promise and unfortunately he seems to be one of them.

I don’t think people hate him (I’d hope not anyway). He doesn’t seem to have kicked up a fuss about not being picked either. I think his development stalled a long time before Mourinho got here. There are plenty of examples where players don’t fulfill fully their promise and unfortunately he seems to be one of them.

I certainly hope not but when you see some of the language used when talking about him it does make you wonder - i think his regression mirrors that of the team during the latter year or so of Pochettino’s time and then under Mourinho he obviously hasn't had the time that others have had to turn it around on the pitch.

Whether he'll get back on track to reach the level he looked capable of once upon a time or not is by the by - i think any new manager will want the chance to see if they can turnnhim around next season, that'll be his last chance saloon

Checks notes from the game.......Yeah, that's what most of us saw him do.

Shame that whilst the game was going on and he was doing this, others on here were spitting feathers. It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

Checks notes from the game.......Yeah, that's what most of us saw him do.

Shame that whilst the game was going on and he was doing this, others on here were spitting feathers. It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

Agree. He was really good for most of the game, his movement excellent. Against poor opposition but hopefully he can carry it into the next few weeks. Some very bad opinions posted during the game.

Agree. He was really good for most of the game, his movement excellent. Against poor opposition but hopefully he can carry it into the next few weeks. Some very bad opinions posted during the game.
Dele was better in the last game but he still wasn't quite good enough.

Some people will just post bullshit opinions on Dele's performances just because they now have a massively negative opinion on him. It's a bit pathetic really.

He clearly played well (for those who understand football, anyway!). Hope it continues against Leeds.

Some people will just post bullshit opinions on Dele's performances just because they now have a massively negative opinion on him. It's a bit pathetic really.

He clearly played well (for those who understand football, anyway!). Hope it continues against Leeds.

Now up to Alli. He started well under Mourinho so this is not a new pattern..

It's up to him to change perceptions and there is only one way he can do that.

His hamstring problem that he carried over from the WC wouldn't have helped. I also have a theory that his form took a nose dive when he just went by his first name - he's not Brazilian! ;)

His hamstring problem that he carried over from the WC wouldn't have helped. I also have a theory that his form took a nose dive when he just went by his first name - he's not Brazilian! ;)
The name-change thing is part of a pattern of behaviour, exhibited most recently in his hair extensions, revealing his 'style over substance' ego issue. I wonder how it will manifest itself next - silver boots with rhinestone inlays? - a circumflex accent over the first 'e'and an acute over the second?

Here's what I saw

Someone who lost the ball loads , made the safe pass (i.e backwards) and did not link up particularly well with his team mates.

Lo Celso ran around a lot and moved about in the midfield , didn't see anyone wank him off like they wank Dele off.

Agendas.

I saw what Mason saw. Dele worked hard and helped create space and chances for others.
I don't now what GLC has to do with the discussion-he was pretty good and created chances.
And we won 4-0.

Love to see Dele on fire again , I think he’s a player that needs to have an arm around him but I do think he needs to sort his attitude and knuckle down and do the simple things first and then his flicks will start to come off , too much money too early has made him think he’s big time and only he can sort it and I hope he does .

Back
Top Bottom