Is this the dumbest Spurs team ever?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dr Rocktopus

🎃🦇🎃🦇🎃
Apart from Kane, Alderweireld, and Lloris this seems like a collection of downright morons. Even if you leave the question of technical ability aside the vast majority of our players seem incapable of making the most basic of decisions.

I'm not saying we need a team of geniuses, but our players really do seem a bit thick.

:dier::auriergrin::balesnarl:

It is definitely the most disjointed.

A bunch of individuals playing for themselves with a few exceptions trying to hold the ship together.

This is going to be a painful rebuild.

West Brom and Fulham have more of an identity than us.

I can't think of a positive thing we do well as a collective. We can't defend, can't pass, awful in possession, our counters aren't fluid as other eams. 90% of the time we are relying on a moment of brilliance by a player or two to get anything going, it's never made to look easy with Tottenham.

You mention Lloris and Toby, but I think Kane is our only player whose positives isn't masked by a some glaring deficiency(-ies).

Apart from Kane, Alderweireld, and Lloris this seems like a collection of downright morons. Even if you leave the question of technical ability aside the vast majority of our players seem incapable of making the most basic of decisions.

I'm not saying we need a team of geniuses, but our players really do seem a bit thick.

:dier::auriergrin::balesnarl:
Upside , they can’t read what your saying about them

You could see it in the documentary, Jan, Toby and Hugo just have so much intellegence and maturity and honestly seemed 10 years older than their peers, I don't think Harry that smart at all just happens to be incredibly self assured as he should be.

Its no surprise England fail at every major tournament

You could see it in the documentary, Jan, Toby and Hugo just have so much intellegence and maturity and honestly seemed 10 years older than their peers, I don't think Harry that smart at all just happens to be incredibly self assured as he should be.

Its no surprise England fail at every major tournament
Some of the players are barely out of childhood though.

But I don't disagree with the premise of the thread. Disjointed, lacking intelligence and playing for themselves. We are also a poorly coached team, it's been going on since tail end of Poch I would say, late 2018/early '19, when our league form started to deteriorate rapidly.

Some of the players are barely out of childhood though.

But I don't disagree with the premise of the thread. Disjointed, lacking intelligence and playing for themselves. We are also a poorly coached team, it's been going on since tail end of Poch I would say, late 2018/early '19, when our league form started to deteriorate rapidly.

Absolutely I wasnt talking about the youngsters, at the point of the doc the ones with 5+ years of premier league experience, Dier, Dele, Rose and all the rest. Yes poorly coached and allowed to do whatever the hell they want too

Dembele was another prince, just acted 15yrs older than most

Absolutely I wasnt talking about the youngsters, at the point of the doc the ones with 5+ years of premier league experience, Dier, Dele, Rose and all the rest. Yes poorly coached and allowed to do whatever the hell they want too

Dembele was another prince, just acted 15yrs older than most
It's all a bit too cosy imho, even given Jose's slash and burn treatment of a few individuals like Dele.

Squad needs breaking up and replenishment, been obvious for at least two years now. I think it's easier to list the players we definitely should keep.

Yes. Dumbest and also most gutless.
And for the majority of the fuckers the most shameless

Most of them couldn’t give a fuck
Always someone else’s fault

We need a really strong manager like SAF who won’t tolerate this shit any longer

And Levy has to back him him and keep his shiny hooter out of any football related matters!

Am I asking too much?

Agreed. Some seriously dumb cunts in this team:

Aurier - unnecessary free kicks, unnecessary penalties. The penalties v Leicester and Juve show his 55 IQ.
Sissoko - unnecessary free kicks, esp. in injury time. Never jumps. Thick and lazy and useless.
Sanchez - no intelligence at all
Dier - thinks he is some kind of philosopher because he speaks Portuguese but, as yesterday showed, no football intelligence at all
Wanks - probably got straight Us for his GCSEs
Davies - dozy prick. Seems half asleep.

West Brom and Fulham have more of an identity than us.

I can't think of a positive thing we do well as a collective. We can't defend, can't pass, awful in possession, our counters aren't fluid as other eams. 90% of the time we are relying on a moment of brilliance by a player or two to get anything going, it's never made to look easy with Tottenham.

You mention Lloris and Toby, but I think Kane is our only player whose positives isn't masked by a some glaring deficiency(-ies).
We out point most teams tbf

All three apply to the majority mate!

So pissed off with this shower atm I even gave anti-vaxxer anti-vaxxer an agree!!
It’s awful isn’t it ? What really grates me is that it’s been a piss poor league this year and the door kept being kept open and each and every time the players pissed their pants and failed to walk through it. And there seems to be zero real accountability for that abject failure.

We have very little footballing IQ.

Son, Lucas, Aurier, Sanchez, Dier, Sissoko are probably the biggest dumb dumbs.

We lost Vertonghen, Dembele and Eriksen as an intelligent and influential spine and replaced it with dross.

I agree with above that it's all got a bit cosy in there and that's why I was happy for Jose to get another summer if it meant forcing Levy's hand and getting the likes of Dele, Winks etc. out the door.

You could see from the doc that the vast majority are over-pampered manchild losers who will never win anything.

Some fans have deluded themselves into thinking we have a good squad.

We will not progress until the following are all gone:
Dier
Sanchez
Sissoko
Aurier
Davies
Dele
Winks

It's essentially the shit old guard which were either subs under Poch or shined at the start and then faded towards the end (Dele and Dier).

We have been relying on these mugs for nigh on 3 years now when it's completely obvious they are not up to it. Get rid of them all and replace with promising technical players who actually have the hunger to progress and do something with their careers.

Back
Top Bottom