?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think EL is fine, but I don't want to go the Europa Conference League
Hook the ECL to my veins

sesame street trash GIF

No. In 3 years, our uefa coefficient might get us into the champions league consistently. We can’t get a big fat 0 for one of the 5 years.
This, although sod the conference thing.
What's the point of being in the Champions League exactly if we're not going to build a squad capable of winning it and we're going to prioritize it over competitions we can win?
We don't prioritise winning any silverware as a result we never look a serious threat either! (Shocking) If we're not in the champions league, we'll be poorer and Dan may never sell up, as he won't be able to let go of his "we're champions league finalists don't ya know" valuation.

Last edited:
I miss midweek matches. Lost at the weekend and now 8 days until another match. No I want to watch us in Europe. It allows for squad players to get mins, keeps our coefficient up and keeps us prepared for Europe. I still remember the year under Jol that we did not have Europe and lost first time in both domestic cups. 40 games. Woolwich look like missing out and we can at least hope for Europa or conference.

This.

We were stuck in a vicious Ropey League cycle for 10+ years too let's not forget. It's a tedius 2nd rate competition we're not geared up to win that simply hinders our league and even domestic cup form.
interesting to compare two clubs, Manu v Seville... hasn't seemed to have impacted Manu, but I'm not sure if Seville went on in leaps and bounds?

interesting to compare two clubs, Manu v Seville... hasn't seemed to have impacted Manu, but I'm not sure if Seville went on in leaps and bounds?
Seems like the six (six!) European trophies Sevilla have added to their cabinet via the Europa League are a relevant piece of the equation.

Sevilla are level with Manchester United and Porto in all time European trophies. They have as many as Benfica, PSV Eindhoven and Borussia Dortmund COMBINED.

Seems like the six (six!) European trophies Sevilla have added to their cabinet via the Europa League are a relevant piece of the equation.

Sevilla are level with Manchester United and Porto in all time European trophies. They have as many as Benfica, PSV Eindhoven and Borussia Dortmund COMBINED.
comfortably in CL spot this year too

I can see the logic in wanting us to finish outside the European places, but rather selfishly I hope we at least qualify for the europa league. No matter how well or poorly we do I always want to watch the matches and I like having midweek games. I do also think that with a couple of good players added, some good coaching and squad rotation the EL is a competition we can actually win.

Back
Top Bottom