Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am an idiot I paid £61.75 for the Villa game (don't forget the booking fee ladies and gents). I just got briefly excited about leaving the house to do something and stumped up the cash.I feel like I have been mugged. I plan on spending the match letting Levy know what I think of him.

Why? How much more is it than your season ticket pro rata?

The latest statement from the Trust.

THST response to club statement on fan representation.

12/05/2021
THST has noted with interest the Club’s latest announcement. The timing came as a surprise as we were still engaged in independent mediation designed to bring about a meeting between the Trust and THFC; mediation that was activated by THST after the Club’s repeated refusal to specify terms for a meeting.

At last though, three weeks after the collapse of the ESL, and over a fortnight after everyone else, the Club has apologised “unreservedly”, although only after detailing its reservations. An apology is better late, however, than never.

More important is the acceptance by the Club’s Board of measures we have been calling for over some years, and which we put forward in our six-point plan. The dogged stance of the Trust and the wider supporter base has forced the Club to concede the principle that fans must be represented at Board level, and to adopt some of our specific suggestions. But announcing this without consultation on detail is not a promising start. And the measures set out in the Club’s statement do not give fan representatives any real power.

It is vital the Club Advisory Panel has the support of the fans, including the Trust, if it is to be a credible vehicle for fan representation.

We are very willing to meet with the Club to discuss the mechanics of genuine supporter representation at Board level. Those discussions would be conducted alongside the conversations we are already having with government officials and with the Premier League in order to deliver the changes needed. We have said we are willing to meet, we have made it clear to the Club directly and to the mediator that we are willing to meet, and we have made clear what the basis for that meeting should be. We will take the results of any discussions back to our members.

What cannot go unquestioned is the Club’s decision to publish a statement that misrepresents the position and attacks a volunteer fan organisation at a time when the Club is facing sustained criticism over its relationship with the fanbase and for its decision making. It is simply destructive. To do so while we were pursuing a mediation process via the Football Supporters’ Association in good faith is regrettable in the extreme.

We also note the description of the Club’s Board as “individuals who have lived and breathed this Club for the best part of two decades”. The obvious implication is that the Trust and the fans we represent are somehow not. Let us state now, for the record, that the supporters of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club have lived and breathed this great Club for far longer than two decades. And we will continue to do so far beyond the tenure of our current custodians.

The Club fails to acknowledge that in previous meetings with the Trust it repeatedly denied that any talks were taking place in relation to any European Super League, even while it is now clear that those talks were taking place. Its latest statement is another attempt to deflect criticism at a time when the Club should be seeking to rebuild relationships and repair trust. Relationships matter, not only with fans but with the wider football family, and when those relationships have been so severely damaged the time has come to reassess.

Fans are not convinced that the current Board or owners do know that “the heartbeat of the Club is success on the pitch”. And the warning that “we shall need to recover from the loss of substantial revenues” is ominous indeed from a Board that has imposed the highest ticket prices in Europe and charged £60 for the partial return of fans to our stadium after a year of the pandemic.

Real change is coming because you, the fans, have made your voices heard. We remain committed to securing that real change at the football club whose interests we always have, and always will, put first.

THST Board
12 May 2021
Levy and Co are just trying to shift the blame and I'm glad they're being called out on their bullshit.

Also shows how out of touch ENIC are with the fans, especially if they think one place on the board for the fans will suffice, he's just going to be some Muppet appointed by Levy.

I don't think it really matters once you have other Premier League clubs letting fans in for free. Levy needs to make a quid at every opportunity.

Isn’t that only key staff at Burnley?

It does matter though doesnt it? My season ticket seat in the south lower is £52 per game. Not that much different to 60 quid. I wish it was £25/30 obviously but I haven’t been for over a year, it’s one game, so I am fine with paying it although obviously I wish it was less! Maybe they should of made it in line with the categories though, I will say that.

Unfortunately, & it pains me to say it, I can only see one winner in this battle.

Something needs to change though, as the black cloud over the club and general air of despondency is very depressing.

I know it put people off applying for Villa (at least 3 of my ST holder mates) because in their words 'it will be all negativity and ENIC out'......'i would rather wait until next season when there is a bit more optimism'.

Can't say I blame them really.

12/05/2021
THST has noted with interest the Club’s latest announcement. The timing came as a surprise as we were still engaged in independent mediation designed to bring about a meeting between the Trust and THFC; mediation that was activated by THST after the Club’s repeated refusal to specify terms for a meeting.

At last though, three weeks after the collapse of the ESL, and over a fortnight after everyone else, the Club has apologised “unreservedly”, although only after detailing its reservations. An apology is better late, however, than never.

More important is the acceptance by the Club’s Board of measures we have been calling for over some years, and which we put forward in our six-point plan. The dogged stance of the Trust and the wider supporter base has forced the Club to concede the principle that fans must be represented at Board level, and to adopt some of our specific suggestions. But announcing this without consultation on detail is not a promising start. And the measures set out in the Club’s statement do not give fan representatives any real power.

It is vital the Club Advisory Panel has the support of the fans, including the Trust, if it is to be a credible vehicle for fan representation.

We are very willing to meet with the Club to discuss the mechanics of genuine supporter representation at Board level. Those discussions would be conducted alongside the conversations we are already having with government officials and with the Premier League in order to deliver the changes needed. We have said we are willing to meet, we have made it clear to the Club directly and to the mediator that we are willing to meet, and we have made clear what the basis for that meeting should be. We will take the results of any discussions back to our members.

What cannot go unquestioned is the Club’s decision to publish a statement that misrepresents the position and attacks a volunteer fan organisation at a time when the Club is facing sustained criticism over its relationship with the fanbase and for its decision making. It is simply destructive. To do so while we were pursuing a mediation process via the Football Supporters’ Association in good faith is regrettable in the extreme.

We also note the description of the Club’s Board as “individuals who have lived and breathed this Club for the best part of two decades”. The obvious implication is that the Trust and the fans we represent are somehow not. Let us state now, for the record, that the supporters of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club have lived and breathed this great Club for far longer than two decades. And we will continue to do so far beyond the tenure of our current custodians.

The Club fails to acknowledge that in previous meetings with the Trust it repeatedly denied that any talks were taking place in relation to any European Super League, even while it is now clear that those talks were taking place. Its latest statement is another attempt to deflect criticism at a time when the Club should be seeking to rebuild relationships and repair trust. Relationships matter, not only with fans but with the wider football family, and when those relationships have been so severely damaged the time has come to reassess.

Fans are not convinced that the current Board or owners do know that “the heartbeat of the Club is success on the pitch”. And the warning that “we shall need to recover from the loss of substantial revenues” is ominous indeed from a Board that has imposed the highest ticket prices in Europe and charged £60 for the partial return of fans to our stadium after a year of the pandemic.

Real change is coming because you, the fans, have made your voices heard. We remain committed to securing that real change at the football club whose interests we always have, and always will, put first.

THST Board
12 May 2021
Burn it all down. I am in that kind of mood today. Levy makes me so angry.

Levy and ENIC really have no respect whatsoever for the supporters, they treat us with contempt, they are completely out of touch with reality and the trust are right to call them out, most people (apart from the most gullible) can see through their bullshit political lip service.

Nothing will change however, that much I am certain of, they hold all the power and we hold none of it at this current moment.

Ironically it's probably going to take government intervention to sort it out, when the government looks like they care more than you do then you know something is fucking wrong.

12/05/2021

THST Board
12 May 2021

The Trust have fucked up here, maybe they were just representing their members - but the ultra aggressive demands for the board to resign weren't ever going to work. From finally having a position of strength to influence some decisions they've tossed it all away.

Dialogue and meetings are the only way to negotiate a better situation, not threatening people through twitter posts.

So ENIC offer a full explanation and an apology - ENIC offer a non-exec position on the board - ENIC promise more open dialog with fan groups.

So are they still cunts? or will all those demanding an apology and representation now be satisfied having received exactly that?

Is anyone who support ENIC still not a real Spurs fan? or are we allowed our opinion now?

I reckon some on here (you know who you are) will be more pissed off that they can't keep on with the same tired ranting for pages and pages - although somehow I bet they will find a new way to do so.
I'm a great believer in actions speak louder than words, so let's see what transpires before getting too excited over this statement.

Interesting read.Couldn't think where else to put the link.

Last edited:
It's pretty obvious to me that the Club is continuing to play lip service to the Trust. I'm not an out-and-out ENIC hater, as I recognise the good that they have done to raise our profile in the game. But I also recognise that they have got some decisions badly wrong too, and they need to mend bridges with the ordinary supporter. I personally don't think they really want to, as apart from our money, they see us a necessary evil.
Unfortunately, theTrust on its own is a paper tiger, but maybe with the support of the wider football community, they may achieve some meaningful dialogue and get things back on an even keel.
This has truly been a horrific, turbulent season and I'll be glad to see the back of it.
I honestly don’t think the ordinary supporter means anything to them anymore. We are client reference numbers and if we don’t go, then someone else will.

this has turned out to to an horrific season that is certainly true. And I still fear Woolwich overtaking us as a final slap in the face.

I'm a great believer in actions speak louder than words, so let's see what transpires before getting too excited over this statement.
No point engaging with him, he isn't trying to have an honest debate about it.

Hasn't even answered the questions put forward to him about ENIC that he himself made.

Don't waste your time with him.

Also on a further point, I read this and thought it was pretty apt to describe the current situation...

"Still astounded by that mealy mouth statement from Levy/ENIC

I think the trust have been right about demanding to speak to Joe Lewis. You can't trust what Levy says. In that statement he tried to say the breakaway was just some kind of consultation event...and honestly, really, really supporter opinions were really important....and oh yes, when we signed up to no relegation we didn't think there'd be no relegation....honest!

No one should trust a word Levy says. How can you negotiate in good faith with Levy? The evidence is all out there in plain sight."

This is a good point imo, they also tried to say that for legal reasons they couldn't discuss it with the supporters, that's funny, really it is because they denied ever wanting to join a super league to the trust multiple times and they also took longer than any other club to issue a proper apology (if you can even consider this recent statement an apology considering they have managed to turn it around on the trust and have released it right before they know protests are going to happen.)

Shocking state of affairs and just shows how much disdain they have for the supporters.

Back
Top Bottom