Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good for Leicester. The club has been consistently punching above their financial weight by being smart in the transfer market and investing in their football recruitment and analytics. Well run from top to bottom.

That, and anyone but Chelsea.
Yeh, there isn't a single advantage they have over us in terms of the potential to win trophies. We are a bigger club on every possible scale yet here they are with a Premier League and and FA Cup in 5 years and we've got 1 league cup in 20 years of ENIC.

VAR has ruined the modern game.......

3 years ago we'd have a cracking extra half hour and then penalties.....

Now we have a "computer says no"
Hmmmm..... yeah, but I'll take it today!

Gotta say, 2015/16 hurt like hell, but I'm coming round to the idea of Leiecster today!

Get ready for all the Vardy v Kane trophy comparisons. If anything this result will 'inspire' Kane to push for a move out of the club and who can blame him.

We're an absolute joke and it's all on Levy and ENIC who don't give two shits about winning trophies and are only concerned with the bank balance.

Last edited:
Yeah, something I wish we could do but we won't as long as don Levy is here running the show.
The funny thing is that everyone outside of City, Chelsea and United need to be run like Liverpool and Leicester with a focus on investment in football operations, scouting and analytics. I would think that would be exceedingly obvious based on the past decade, but Spurs still feel very far behind in this area.

Are you talking about their starting 11 or whole team?

For the starting 11 obviously Kane and Son over Vardy and Iheanacho. I take Lloris over Schmiechel easily as well although I know many are down on Hugo now. I also take Reguilon over whoever they play at LB, especially Thomas who they started today.
Tielemans, Madison, ndide would all fit in. I'd take vardy to okay with Kane, or instead of. You're telling me soyuncu isn't an improvement on dier?
I think you've undersold the quality they actually have mate

Get ready for all the Vardy v Kane trophy comparisons. If anything this result will 'inspire' Kane to push for a move out of the club and who can blame him.

We're an absolute joke and it's all on Levy and ENIC who don't give two shots about winning trophies and are only concerned with the bank balance.

What’s even worse is that Tielemans is a player we looked at signing on loan when we sold Dembele but Levy again refused to pay even a loan fee.

He has fucked us with his penny pinching. Nobody is asking him to buy multiple £50m players but he has failed to protect the teams position in the CL by continually refusing to bring new talent to the team even when the price is affordable.

I bet he wishes he’d spent the £25m on Grealish now. He needs to understand that you have to keep spending to stay in the CL. You can’t afford to let the team go stale. By refusing to spend anything serious we’ve cost ourselves £100m in CL money.

Would we be where we are now if we’d signed Grealish and Tielemans 2 years ago? We all know the answer. Levy put his trust in Winks and Sissoko instead of new players and here we are.

Tielemans, Madison, ndide would all fit in. I'd take vardy to okay with Kane, or instead of. You're telling me soyuncu isn't an improvement on dier?
I think you've undersold the quality they actually have mate

What I didn't mention Dier? What the hell are you talking about.

Why are you mentioning a bunch of guys that I didn't mention?

Yep

Leicester City

Currently have better team than us
Better manager than we have had over last years
Better structure within club
Better run that us.
In recent years more successful than us.
And all on a budget of less than half of ours.

They are run as a football club, not a business

They are what clubs such as Woolwich and ourselves need to aspire to be like.

What I didn't mention Dier? What the hell are you talking about.

Why are you mentioning a bunch of guys that I didn't mention?
You said you'd keep Kane and son over vardy and iheanacho, lloris over schmeichel etc. I then pointed out that you had missed out a lot of good Leicester players no? No need to be so rude

You said you'd keep Kane and son over vardy and iheanacho, lloris over schmeichel etc. I then pointed out that you had missed out a lot of good Leicester players no? No need to be so rude

Yes I mentioned the guys I would take on Spurs over Leicester and didn't mention the guys I wouldn't take. I was answering the question you asked.

There was nothing rude about my post at all.

Leicester have rebuilt their PL winning team from 2016 to be on the verge of Top 4 and winning the FA Cup in 2021 whereas we stood still for 18 months and are now regressing while winning nothing.

Leicester replaced Fuchs with Chilwell. Then replaced Chilwell. They replaced Huth and Morgan with Maguire and Soyunku. Then replaced Maguire with Fofana. They replaced Kante with Ndidi and added Tielemans. Mahrez with Maddison.

It's just great recruitment. Even someone like Ihaenacho who was a flop until this season has suddenly turned it around. That would have been like us keeping Vincent Janssen for three seasons and in season four he started banging goals in.

Back
Top Bottom