Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dominating the SPL with Celtic isn't much of an achievement though, it's just expected, like winning Ligue 1 with PSG really...
Oh it's even easier than that. Especially when Rodgers took the job and had a present but still deeply weakened Rangers to compare against.

It was a very savvy move by a manager who has a history of choosing his jobs wisely.

Given what a turkey of a job Spurs are at the moment, I have a hard time seeing him jumping aboard.

Oh it's even easier than that. Especially when Rodgers took the job and had a present but still deeply weakened Rangers to compare against.

It was a very savvy move by a manager who has a history of choosing his jobs wisely.

Given what a turkey of a job Spurs are at the moment, I have a hard time seeing him jumping aboard.
I didn't think Rodgers would take the Spurs job for that reason, and that was before today.

That's why Potter seems more likely - he's got a lot more to prove and Spurs is a great opportunity for him. Some people want a big name for various reasons, but why would seasons managers take the Spurs job at the moment? London, Premier League may convince some, but organizationally it's a bit of a mess.

From a footballing point of view I'm delighted that Leicester beat Chelsea. Couldn't bear to see them win the FA Cup then have a shot at the Champions League in the same season.

Amazing goal by Youri Tielimans, two great saves from Kasper Schmeical and a VAR decision really sum up what the FA Cup is about. Quality and fair bit of luck..

I must admit though, I don't get all the hype around Leicester. I've been following Tottenham there on away days numerous seasons in recent years and I just can't stand the fans, I hate the atmosphere at the club too. It has proper small club mentality but in with the big boys.

It drives me mad though when I hear pundits bang on about Leicester 'breaking into the top 6' and 'this is what other clubs should aspire to be' the club that initially done this was.... Tottenham. Also, it wasn't the top 6 then it was the top 4.

We should have won trophies but for some stupid reason we have never been able to.

From a footballing point of view I'm delighted that Leicester beat Chelsea. Couldn't bear to see them win the FA Cup then have a shot at the Champions League in the same season.

Amazing goal by Youri Tielimans, two great saves from Kasper Schmeical and a VAR decision really sum up what the FA Cup is about. Quality and fair bit of luck..

I must admit though, I don't get all the hype around Leicester. I've been following Tottenham there on away days numerous seasons in recent years and I just can't stand the fans, I hate the atmosphere at the club too. It has proper small club mentality but in with the big boys.

It drives me mad though when I hear pundits bang on about Leicester 'breaking into the top 6' and 'this is what other clubs should aspire to be' the club that initially done this was.... Tottenham. Also, it wasn't the top 6 then it was the top 4.

We should have won trophies but for some stupid reason we have never been able to.

It really is relatively simple.

We aren't winners. Now some posters will come on here defending the facts as ever but we simply do not possess the DNA of winners.

Had we been playing either side today we would have lost. No doubt in my mind.

Until we break that we will just be that team. Just lòok at our record in semi-finals and finals since we won the League Cup way back when.

We aren't winners. Now some posters will come on here defending the facts as ever but we simply do not possess the DNA of winners.

Until we break that we will just be that team. Just lòok at our record in semi-finals and finals since we won the League Cup way back when.
They can't win a trophy because they haven't won one recently is dumb pundit logic.

I don't know why Spurs fans let this sort of banter logic take over. It's ridiculous.

I agree and I disagree. Leicester had never won an FA Cup prior to today in their history, we have won 8.

Sadly with us, I think this trophy drought has gone on for so long now in recent years, it's destroyed the belief in the majority of our players. We've lost so many big game recently, I don't think this current group of players can recover from it.

Fair play to Leicester winning the league a few ago, this gave them a winning mentality and the core of their team (Schemeical, Morgan, Albrighton, Vardy etc etc) give the belief to the other players, hence todays performance.

West Ham well and truly shit the bed these last few games. Lingard not scoring suddenly along with Rice missing a handful of games has really had an impact on them.

Back
Top Bottom