Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fair play to Leicester winning the league a few ago, this gave them a winning mentality and the core of their team (Schemeical, Morgan, Albrighton, Vardy etc etc) give the belief to the other players, hence todays performance.

It gave them such a winning mentality that they went out weakly in the CL the next year, finished 12th, 9th, 9th the 3 years following it, went out to Slavia Prague in the EL and now finally lucked out on a trophy 5 years later.

If the VAR goal had counted would that mean they hadn't got a winning mentality? Was it the mm's that Chelsea was offside due to their winning mentality?

It gave them such a winning mentality that they went out weakly in the CL the next year, finished 12th, 9th, 9th the 3 years following it, went out to Slavia Prague in the EL and now finally lucked out on a trophy 5 years later.

If the VAR goal had counted would that mean they hadn't got a winning mentality? Was it the mm's that Chelsea was offside due to their winning mentality?
Not sure losing in the Champions League Quarter Final is going out 'weakly'? They also lost three of their best players so I can understand them dipping in form.

They've won 2 trophies in 6 years? We've won 1 trophy in 20 years.

Now I'm not defending Leicester as mentioned in a previous post, but you can't hide from what they have achieved and that players like Jamie Vardy have had a massive influence.

I agree and I disagree. Leicester had never won an FA Cup prior to today in their history, we have won 8.

Sadly with us, I think this trophy drought has gone on for so long now in recent years, it's destroyed the belief in the majority of our players. We've lost so many big game recently, I don't think this current group of players can recover from it.

Fair play to Leicester winning the league a few ago, this gave them a winning mentality and the core of their team (Schemeical, Morgan, Albrighton, Vardy etc etc) give the belief to the other players, hence todays performance.

You get it mate. It's exactly that. Not hard unless you are an ostrich or stuck in nepotistic fantasy.

Not sure losing in the Champions League Quarter Final is going out 'weakly'? They also lost three of their best players so I can understand them dipping in form.

Now I'm not defending Leicester as mentioned in a previous post, but you can't hide from what they have achieved and that players like Jamie Vardy have had a massive influence.

I think for most PL winners going out on the QF would be seen as a disappointment.

I am not taking away what they won just going against the winners mentality/bottlers nonsense that ignores a lot of what actually happened.

If we had Vardy as well as Kane and Son in the last 5 years we would have won trophies.

Bloke shames up so many of our players with his constant desire and hunger.

A credit to his trade.

Genuinely one of the shittiest cities I have ever been in my life. Unless small town provincial racists are your cup of tea swerve at all costs. The whole place should be levelled and start again.
Got a lot of family there so give me some notice before you order a strike
From a footballing point of view I'm delighted that Leicester beat Chelsea. Couldn't bear to see them win the FA Cup then have a shot at the Champions League in the same season.

Amazing goal by Youri Tielimans, two great saves from Kasper Schmeical and a VAR decision really sum up what the FA Cup is about. Quality and fair bit of luck..

I must admit though, I don't get all the hype around Leicester. I've been following Tottenham there on away days numerous seasons in recent years and I just can't stand the fans, I hate the atmosphere at the club too. It has proper small club mentality but in with the big boys.

It drives me mad though when I hear pundits bang on about Leicester 'breaking into the top 6' and 'this is what other clubs should aspire to be' the club that initially done this was.... Tottenham. Also, it wasn't the top 6 then it was the top 4.

We should have won trophies but for some stupid reason we have never been able to.
Maybe the atmosphere for away fans and teams is exactly what they want. I'd be more interested in when we host teams.

Your labelling of what Leicester are, is exactly why there is hype about them.. they fell away last year but we're up there in the top 4 last couple of years. We on the other hand are a big club with a small club mentality. We think are one of the big boys but when it comes down to it we win fuck all. 3 cups in 30 years. Our name is only what it is because of the players we sell to big teams. It's time we stop thinking we are a big club. Just fucking get down to hard graft and get in a proper structure into the football management side with a good coach, director of football and decent head of recruitment etc. We have to start winning things

I think for most PL winners going out on the QF would be seen as a disappointment.

I am not taking away what they won just going against the winners mentality/bottlers nonsense that ignores a lot of what actually happened.
I'm still convinced to this day had we won against Chelsea in the League cup final in 2015 we would have gone on to win more trophies.

We were playing well, Kane was in top form, we'd done Chelsea 5-2 earlier in the season but we missed the chance to set the tone. Jose just did a shithouse job on us.

I'm still convinced to this day had we won against Chelsea in the League cup final in 2015 we would have gone on to win more trophies.

We were playing well, Kane was in top form, we'd done Chelsea 5-2 earlier in the season but we missed the chance to set the tone. Jose just did a shithouse job on us.

I don't agree but maybe.

I think winning mentality is very much overrated. We see teams with no history winning win and big time winners lose.

The funny thing is that everyone outside of City, Chelsea and United need to be run like Liverpool and Leicester with a focus on investment in football operations, scouting and analytics. I would think that would be exceedingly obvious based on the past decade, but Spurs still feel very far behind in this area.

I would say we have a blind spot for it but that would be suggesting that our owners and chairman's behaviour in this area isn't purposefully neglectful when it seems to me that the evidence suggests it certainly is.

Back
Top Bottom