Top 4? 2020/2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Finishing position 2020/2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Even better, imagine being first at the turn of the year/practically half-way through the season and possibly doing the same - Klopp getting an easy ride...

Klopp lost his top 3 CB's and still looks like they will at worst get EL with a decent shot at CL. He also has won the CL and PL in the past two years so has earned a bit of that "easy ride" that he is supposedly getting.

Just showing the similarities between collapses/our seasons. Mad how that December meeting between Liverpool and us was the top 2, talk of the winner breaking clear at the top etc.

I guess a run of 2 wins in 8 across Jan & Feb will do that for you. Always felt that was when we started to kick on under Poch...
:pochcmon:

I guess a run of 2 wins in 8 across Jan & Feb will do that for you. Always felt that was when we started to kick on under Poch...
:pochcmon:
Yep. It was always around December we started to kick on with Poch because it was based around fitness. The Christmas and early January period knackers teams out but it helped us as our fitness levels were that much higher. His last season was the only one where we didn't kick on, partly a disrupted pre season because of the world cup and we also had a small, stale squad. I'll keep saying it our fitness levels this season are a complete joke, any half decent side just runs all over us. I have no idea whats gone on in training but the people involved should be embarrased.

This is from middle of Feb. Around Match week 22.

“at this stage of the season the eventual top 4, over 90% of the time, will come from the teams currently in the top 5 places.

The other 10% the team in 6th might break into the top 4. A team in 9th place coming 4th or higher. Unheard of. But games in hand are screwed up this season!!!”

We were 9th when I wrote that. Moved up to 7th now but potentially we could drop to 8th with Everton’s game in hand.

And the top 5 middle of February?
City, united, Leicester, Chelsea, west Ham
Liverpool 6th.

Even in this totally fucked in season it looks like the league will be very predictable. I think I’m going to start betting on this happening from now on!

Klopp lost his top 3 CB's and still looks like they will at worst get EL with a decent shot at CL. He also has won the CL and PL in the past two years so has earned a bit of that "easy ride" that he is supposedly getting.

Exactly. Nobody can even compare the Liverpool situation. Liverpool have sweeped away trophies for the last couple of years and been completely dominant, so they are not comparable to our bunch of losers. We are forever underachievers. They are just having a bad one off season. Guaranteed Liverpool will be challenging the title next season. Spurs definitely won’t be.

He has bothered though. It is a false narrative to say that he hasn't bothered. He hasn't done enough but he has done more than most teams.

How many clubs in the PL outside of the top 6 have spent 40+ million on individual players like we have?

Levy was clear in the documentary that CL, and presumedly EL, money impact on how we do business.
Ndombele is the only 40 million plus player isn't he?

Ndombele is the only 40 million plus player isn't he?

I thought GLC was but that was complicated because of how the deal was structured to screw over PSG.

I also read that Sanchez was up to 42m again not sure how it all works out as some of these deals are complicated behind the scenes with money to agents or clauses that are included that can increase the sale price.

I thought GLC was but that was complicated because of how the deal was structured to screw over PSG.

I also read that Sanchez was up to 42m again not sure how it all works out as some of these deals are complicated behind the scenes with money to agents or clauses that are included that can increase the sale price.
Ndombele, GLC, and Sanchez were all 40M+ players.

All three have moments where you see what scouts saw in them, but collectively the return on that investment has been disastrous to this point.

Spurs going to need help from:
  • themselves - must win all 3 remaining matches
  • Leicester City, Aston Villa - must limit Chelsea to 1 point
  • West Bromwich, Burnley, Crystal Palace - must limit Liverpool to 4 points
0Kvb2lu.png

Even if all of those happen, scenarios may require tiebreaker with goals.

Spurs going to need help from:
  • themselves - must win all 3 remaining matches
  • Leicester City, Aston Villa - must limit Chelsea to 1 point
  • West Bromwich, Burnley, Crystal Palace - must limit Liverpool to 4 points
0Kvb2lu.png

Even if all of those happen, scenarios may require tiebreaker with goals.
I must say I admire you for still thinking we have a chance, not taking the piss. I am ashamed to say I mentally checked out after the last shambolic performance

Up to 6th and back on track. Just need to win the last two, Chavs to pick up 1 point from 6 and Dippers to drop points in 2 of their last 3 games. Piece of cake.

Back
Top Bottom