Mason's Mates vs Wolves - Sunday 16 May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dele actually played very well...which you would’ve noticed if you a) knew anything about football and b) watched the game.

Plonker
I'm not sure I'd say very well but he was effective no doubt. I think he's at the point where his brain knows what he should be doing but he's still just shaking the rust off to be able to execute on it.

I'm not sure I'd say very well but he was effective no doubt. I think he's at the point where his brain knows what he should be doing but he's still just shaking the rust off to be able to execute on it.

Well I disagree and so does Ali Gold and indeed many of the write ups of the game.

“A bright performance from the midfielder and he was involved in almost everything Spurs did. He put Kane away early in the second half for a shot that was pushed on to the left-hand post by the keeper only for Alli to hit the follow-up against the other post. Was involved in the build-up for Hojbjerg's goal. This was another promising display in front of the watching Gareth Southgate. 8”

Entitled to your wrong opinion though!

:allitongue:

Well I disagree and so does Ali Gold and indeed many of the write ups of the game.

“A bright performance from the midfielder and he was involved in almost everything Spurs did. He put Kane away early in the second half for a shot that was pushed on to the left-hand post by the keeper only for Alli to hit the follow-up against the other post. Was involved in the build-up for Hojbjerg's goal. This was another promising display in front of the watching Gareth Southgate. 8”

Entitled to your wrong opinion though!

:allitongue:
Like I said, I thought he had a good match but not outstanding and that write up kind of mirrors what I said. Bright and promising are good descriptions.

When was the last time GLC played?

And how was Son offside here
Was that for real ? I’m beginning to realise that this VAR is a row of old gits that got given a load of high tech ...... and none of them have their nieces or nephews to call up and repeat to them how the fuck it works

like when your ol’ mum gets a new phone

how many times have we seen the lines being drawn and redrawn by some geriatric shaking away until he finally thinks yeah got it .... when everyone is thinking why the fuck is that line there ... what’s his cock got to do with it and it took you 5 fucking minutes to draw 2 lines

the seriousness of this is told in jest but I think I’ve figured it out .... you give this kit to a smart teenager and he’ll have those lines drawn quicker than Gary Neville can say ‘Utd should buy Harry Kane ‘

put Mike dean on a PlayStation .... let’s see what happens

Only worry I have for Tanganga is his versatility. It can become a negative as much as an advantage. I see him as a centre-back down the line. He could become a sort of Wan-Bissaka for us in that he's great defensively but doesn't offer much going forward, at least in regards to quality. But I think he has all the tools to be a perfectly good centre-back myself.
Future skipper imo and skipp.

When we're playing such a poor team I'd like to see a bit better than what we got today. A win is a win and we deserved it, but I'll stand by what I said, we looked exactly what we are which is a very ordinary team, with a couple of wonderful players.
This.

We are not a good team but we do have some great players. Hopefully with a good plan and coaching we can start to look like a decent team again.

This group is so far from being able to give the likes of City, Chelsea, United or Liverpool a decent game right now.

Mason is clearly a Levy Pleaser. Winks is on because Levy wants to sell him. It's more difficult to sell a player that hasn't featured.
This levy picking the team through Ryan to flog them has really picked up some momentum .... it doesn’t stand up too well when these are the same fucking players that have played all season

also didn’t Daniel refuse dele a loan to PSG’s shop window

This levy picking the team through Ryan to flog them has really picked up some momentum .... it doesn’t stand up too well when these are the same fucking players that have played all season

also didn’t Daniel refuse dele a loan to PSG’s shop window

it sounds nice for people that hate Levy but I don't get why Levy would want Winks coming on as a sub late or Sissoko with 10 minutes late. That doesn't raise their value at all.

And if he is shopping guys why is Toby playing and not Sanchez?

Why is Bale playing? There is no resale value for Bale to play. Surely if Levy is picking guys to shop them then Moura would be playing or Lamela with links to Roma/Italy.

it sounds nice for people that hate Levy but I don't get why Levy would want Winks coming on as a sub late or Sissoko with 10 minutes late. That doesn't raise their value at all.

And if he is shopping guys why is Toby playing and not Sanchez?

Why is Bale playing? There is no resale value for Bale to play. Surely if Levy is picking guys to shop them then Moura would be playing or Lamela with links to Roma/Italy.
Yeah it’s a dumb as fuck conclusion to reach that is demonstrably baseless but gives the more credulous a baton to pick up and run with

Agree but needs to force the issue a bit more now and prove he can make the permanent step up

maybe through not all his own fault he’s stagnated a bit recently

Depending on what we do in the summer I think a loan for him to be a full time starting CB might be the best for him.

Unless we are going with 3 at the back I don't see how he gets enough time here with Rodon also needing development and hopefully 2 new CB's replacing Sanchez and Dier. I don't think we can play him and Rodon as a partnership in the PL so that limits his game time.

I like having him as an option at RB, but also don't want him to play too often there because he is limited in how good he can be in that role in my view.

Depending on what we do in the summer I think a loan for him to be a full time starting CB might be the best for him.

Unless we are going with 3 at the back I don't see how he gets enough time here with Rodon also needing development and hopefully 2 new CB's replacing Sanchez and Dier. I don't think we can play him and Rodon as a partnership in the PL so that limits his game time.

I like having him as an option at RB, but also don't want him to play too often there because he is limited in how good he can be in that role in my view.
And that’s probably where he’s at instead of maybe forcing himself into the side this year

stood still a bit and you’re right now a loan could be part of the plan

Back
Top Bottom