Mason's Mates vs Wolves - Sunday 16 May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But if it is Levy then why didn't Bale start the final? What benefit does Levy get from Lo Celso and Moura being the subs in the Cup final?

I would not be surprised that in talks Levy has talked up Dele and how he should get more time and that might influence Mason but I have a hard time believing that Levy is writing out the starting 11 and handing it to Mason, and I think Levy is a prick that is way too involved in football decisions at the club.

I think the most likely case is that Mason knows what Levy wants and that influences his decisions, consciously or subconsciously, but I have a hard time thinking that Mason thinks Ndombele should start but starts Alli over him because Levy tells him to. Or that Mason wants to bring on Moura but Levy calls down to say no it has to be Winks.
I think it’s reasonably safe to add that with ndombele being Daniels most expensive asset and the lengths he went to to get him back on track any strong coercion to get players picked would include him.

The cup final and the chance of top 4 which only died for certain with the loss to Leeds wouldn’t have been sacrificed for other agendas including potential player values, that might have harmed those primary objectives which would have seen a far greater benefit to the club and it’s coffers.

Plus I only really see dele and gio getting more minutes

Good result - we definitely stepped it up a gear in the second half.

Dele, Lo Celso & Hojberg stood out for me - solid all around though.
Don’t get the gio sub at all he looked fine to me regards fitness plus to sub him for winks is asking g for trouble not exeacrly like for like

Only worry I have for Tanganga is his versatility. It can become a negative as much as an advantage. I see him as a centre-back down the line. He could become a sort of Wan-Bissaka for us in that he's great defensively but doesn't offer much going forward, at least in regards to quality. But I think he has all the tools to be a perfectly good centre-back myself.
Made some stupid fouls today which on another day could be costly

Well I disagree and so does Ali Gold and indeed many of the write ups of the game.

“A bright performance from the midfielder and he was involved in almost everything Spurs did. He put Kane away early in the second half for a shot that was pushed on to the left-hand post by the keeper only for Alli to hit the follow-up against the other post. Was involved in the build-up for Hojbjerg's goal. This was another promising display in front of the watching Gareth Southgate. 8”

Entitled to your wrong opinion though!

:allitongue:
He still loses the ball too much needs to protect the ball much better

Made some stupid fouls today which on another day could be costly

Yeah, but nothing he can't iron out of his game down the line, considering his current lack of experience. But he's strong, pretty quick and has a decent jump on him. Lots to learn but the potential is there.

I thought there was definite progression from Mourinho’s time here and the performance was much more like the football we are used to - not enjoyed a Spurs game so much for a good while - really looking forward to Wednesday.
Can’t quite believe all the negativity and vitriol on this site though - lighten up guys!

I thought there was definite progression from Mourinho’s time here and the performance was much more like the football we are used to - not enjoyed a Spurs game so much for a good while - really looking forward to Wednesday.
Can’t quite believe all the negativity and vitriol on this site though - lighten up guys!
I don't think it's negativity but rather that we were spoiled for a few years under Poch and people are finding it hard to adjust.

We had a spell near the summit and now expect to be challenging for titles and Champions Leagues every season so when we revert to our mean position of 5th/6th (based on our size/spending) it's nothing exciting.

It's hard to get amped up for a routine win against a poor mid table team with 3 games left to go in the season and nothing to play for bar finishing above Woolwich. Especially when we still look a million miles away from getting back amongst the elites of the game.

It's pure entitlement but it's unavoidable really.

Back
Top Bottom