Top 4? 2020/2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Finishing position 2020/2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does it matter ? If Leicester are 5th doesn’t Europa go down to 7th ?
Only two spaces in Europa League due to the Conference League being implemented. Leicester go in as Cup winners and as they will finish 5th then the second place falls to team in 6th. 7th is conference league.

This Leicester team looks gone, although they have just scored. They could end up 5th yet. Which would be hilarious.

I bash up Spurs as often as I can when our team and owners deserve it, but I never glance at another club and offer praise (well not something I do routinely). Fuck Leicester, muggy bastards.

A difference between us and them could literally end up being 1 goal over 38 games.

The other difference, they do PR loads better than our lot.
What’s so hilarious about Dippers and Chavs getting Top 4 as looks very likely now? Puts the Chavs very much in the frame to sign Harry, which they wouldn’t be without European Cup football.

What’s so hilarious about Dippers and Chavs getting Top 4 as looks very likely now? Puts the Chavs very much in the frame to sign Harry, which they wouldn’t be without European Cup football.
Don’t much give a shit who finishes Top 4. But this whole Brenda Rogers and Leicester fairytale gets on my nerves. If Liverpool / Chelsea miss out what cost to them ? Not much really. Leicester it hurts and after the way they were in 2016 I want them to hurt. Always.

as for Chelsea signing Kane. Ha ha ha never in a million years. Chelsea and Spurs do not do any business ever + FFP rules the chavs out, they were - £150m last summer.

mind you - I’d not factored in the Europa / Conference issue. That’s not great.

gd91eJU.png

Chelsea claiming 3 against Leicester City seals the not-top-4 fate for Tottenham.

Highest possible finish is now 5th (trailing City, United, Chelsea, Leicester City)
Lowest possible finish is now 9th (trailing [ordered by current table] City, United, Chelsea, Leicester City, Liverpool, West Ham, Everton, Woolwich)

Last edited:
Don’t much give a shit who finishes Top 4. But this whole Brenda Rogers and Leicester fairytale gets on my nerves. If Liverpool / Chelsea miss out what cost to them ? Not much really. Leicester it hurts and after the way they were in 2016 I want them to hurt. Always.

as for Chelsea signing Kane. Ha ha ha never in a million years. Chelsea and Spurs do not do any business ever + FFP rules the chavs out, they were - £150m last summer.

mind you - I’d not factored in the Europa / Conference issue. That’s not great.
What upsets you about the way Leicester finished 11 points ahead us in 2015/16? Was it the fact that they were ruthlessly efficient, took nearly all their chances, while we were all Spursy repeatedly fucking up the opportunities that presented themselves.

If Levy sells Kane to Chelsea he might as well sell the club because there would be no way he would ever have the support of the fans again.

If Levy sells Kane to Chelsea he might as well sell the club because there would be no way he would ever have the support of the fans again.
Levy will only sell if a club stumps up the £150 million + asking price. Chavs are one of the few clubs that can do that. I doubt he’ll too selective if someone is stumping up the asking price. I once thought we’d never sell a player to the Chavs, then Mickey Hazard crossed the great divide in 1985.

What upsets you about the way Leicester finished 11 points ahead us in 2015/16? Was it the fact that they were ruthlessly efficient, took nearly all their chances, while we were all Spursy repeatedly fucking up the opportunities that presented themselves.
Do you support Spurs or Leicester? (Just kidding ) What upsets me is their muggy cunt fan base. And has done since around 98. They have always annoyed me and that’s just how I feel about them. Heskey still haunts me. And Steve Guppy.

Specific to 2016 what upsets me is the way other teams chucked it in against Leicester
( don’t you remember them v Southampton as an example ). While the whole time, despite us never being top every club were making a point of beating us and helping them. Woolwich were actually top that season and yet them shit cunts at Leicester dig us out !

Also the whole sky fairytale nonsense grates me, when they fiddled FFP to even get in the league it is absolutely a vile pretence. While Sly Sports cry about the ESL, they say nothing about actual fraud. I get annoyed by that.

And again, in that 2016 climax (oh to write Climax is such fun) they, Leicester, absolutely loved and revealed in the way Chelsea behaved, a Chelsea team that failed to show up 99% of the season turned on a second half performance to die for. Annoying but true, but laughing about it is not exactly showing integrity for the competition.

Yes, I’d agree that we were our own worst enemies at times that season, but again we were never top and it’s a totally unrealistic and unfair narrative that they won when we bottled it. And again, their joke fans still use that as a way of making points against us. Some bastard was on here just a few nights ago saying about how they finished above us.....

As for Brendan Rogers, he’s won what Roberto Martinez did, and I’d rather he stay at Leicester than be anywhere near Spurs. Look at the man smiling and hugging the Chelsea players at full time tonight. That’s not on. If he ended up at Spurs, he would be all teeth and smiles right until Chelsea come calling when they sack yet another manager.

Do you support Spurs or Leicester? (Just kidding ) What upsets me is their muggy cunt fan base. And has done since around 98. They have always annoyed me and that’s just how I feel about them. Heskey still haunts me. And Steve Guppy.

Specific to 2016 what upsets me is the way other teams chucked it in against Leicester
( don’t you remember them v Southampton as an example ). While the whole time, despite us never being top every club we’re making a point of beating us and helping them. Woolwich were actually top that season and yet them shit cunts at Leicester dig us out.

Also the whole sky fairytale nonsense, when they fiddled FFP to even get in the league is absolutely vile. While Sly Sports cry about the ESL, they say nothing about actual fraud. I get annoyed by that.

and again, in that 2016 climax (oh to write Climax is such fun) they, Leicester, absolutely loved and revealed in the way Chelsea behaved, a Chelsea team that failed to show up 99% of the season turned on a second half performance to die for. Annoying but true, but laughing about it is not exactly showing integrity for the competition.

Yes, I’d agree that we were our own worst enemies at times that season, but again we were never top and it’s a totally unrealistic and unfair narrative that they won when we bottled it. And again, their joke fans still use that as a way of making points against us. Some bastard was on here just a few nights ago saying about how they finished above us.....

As for Brendan Rogers, he’s won what Roberto Martinez did, and I’d rather he stay at Leicester than be anywhere near Spurs. Look at the man smiling and hugging the Chelsea players at full time. That’s not on.
We would have went top the first weekend in March, early Saturday kick off if we’d beaten Woolwich. We were 2-1 up after that Harry wonder goal, they were down to 10 men and we still couldn’t see it out. Drew 2-2.

We could have went top 3 nights before that at Spammers, after Leicester drew with West Brom, but proceeded to lose to Spammers.

We could have put an early sent in Leicester that season 3 gamea in. Dele put us ahead at their place around the 80 minute mark. They equalised a minute later.

That season was just littered with points dropped in games we were better side in and missed opportunities.

We would have went top the first weekend in March, early Saturday kick off if we’d beaten Woolwich. We were 2-1 up after that Harry wonder goal, they were down to 10 men and we still couldn’t see it out. Drew 2-2.

We could have went top 3 nights before that at Spammers, after Leicester drew with West Brom, but proceeded to lose to Spammers.

We could have put an early sent in Leicester that season 3 gamea in. Dele put us ahead at their place around the 80 minute mark. They equalised a minute later.

That season was just littered with points dropped in games we were better side in and missed opportunities.
We were never top. Which I said and is true. I also said we were our own worst enemies that season. So what point is it your making ? That I am wrong to dislike Leicester?

We were never top. Which I said and is true. I also said we were our own worst enemies that season. So what point is it your making ? That I am wrong to dislike Leicester?
You said the narrative that we bottled it on 2015-16 is unfair.

( don’t you remember them v Southampton as an example ). While the whole time, despite us never being top every club were making a point of beating us and helping them. Woolwich were actually top that season and yet them shit cunts at Leicester dig us out !

Also the whole sky fairytale nonsense grates me, when they fiddled FFP to even get in the league it is absolutely a vile pretence. While Sly Sports cry about the ESL, they say nothing about actual fraud. I get annoyed by that.

And again, in that 2016 climax (oh to write Climax is such fun) they, Leicester, absolutely loved and revealed in the way Chelsea behaved, a Chelsea team that failed to show up 99% of the season turned on a second half performance to die for. Annoying but true, but laughing about it is not exactly showing integrity for the competition.

As for Brendan Rogers, he’s won what Roberto Martinez did, and I’d rather he stay at Leicester than be anywhere near Spurs. Look at the man smiling and hugging the Chelsea players at full time tonight. That’s not on. If he ended up at Spurs, he would be all teeth and smiles right until Chelsea come calling when they sack yet another manager.

Couldn’t agree more mate. What people on this forum don’t seem to get it, Leicester fans despise us. Take one look on the Foxes forum and you will see non stop taking the piss out of us. Ripping into Harry Kane etc etc. They hate us and have done since the 90s. Don’t ask me why, but the league battle obviously fuelled that further, but they are literally obsessed to the point where they get joy out of Spurs losing and don’t hide it. Their fans are a bunch of muggy cunts that have piped up a little recently, but give us more stick than any other club. Don’t get me wrong, every club takes the piss out of Spurs, but when Leicester city fans do it, it goes to show how far our club has fallen.

I guarentee you 100% there would be a few fanatics who would try and justify it.

They would paint Kane as the villain and Levy as the victim

Mike Dean awarded a very "soft" penalty to Chelsea. He knows what it means at this stage of the season. A Chav win ends Tottenham's chance of 4th place.

Thank God he didn't get the cup final.

Mike Dean awarded a very "soft" penalty to Chelsea. He knows what it means at this stage of the season. A Chav win ends Tottenham's chance of 4th place.

Thank God he didn't get the cup final.
Fuck off mate.
We weren't getting 4th regardless of tonights result.

Our fall from the Champions League is on us, not Mike Dean

Back
Top Bottom