Tottenham Vs Villa - Wed 19th May - KO 6pm, live on Sky.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I genuinely feel sorry for younger fans. We won 11 trophies between 1961 and 1984. Had 2 or 3 very close runs at the title in the 80s and was unlucky not to win the League Cup in the 80s as well.

Going to football was cheap and brilliant fun. We had the biggest away support in the country in 1977-78 and 1978-1979. I loved it.

I wasn't borned until 1983

:(

Very good point, excellent piece of play by him. Looked more the player he was in Holland.
That’s the problem he does one good thing then the rest of the game he was tripe. You’d think he’d be buzzing after scoring a great goal. You know demand the ball, run with the ball beating players and make great runs.

Shambles is the right word, we're an utter fucking shambles from top to bottom. Every single fucking aspect of the club.

I don't have the remotest confidence in anything associated with the club right now.

Levy see's the answer to it all as the "fans representative" on the board.

He truly has no connection with the fans, and though deep down he knows what is required you only have to read his statement in his program notes to realize that he is very much in a "as you were" mode.

Nothing but nothing will change, it didn't after the CL final and sure as hell won't after finishing mid-table.

Yep. I read 'my eyes have seen the glory' over the last few days and what the ex-players say about what playing for Spurs means to them compared to the current pile of dross is chalk and cheese.

What I wouldn't give for a Stevie P, Graham Roberts, Paul Miller or Terry Naylor right now. They wouldn't stand for it.
For get them lot even the bang average players of yesterday Mitchell fucking Thomas Steve Sedgley Vinny Sam ways are all better and gave more than their respective counter parts in today's squad

Back from the game, what a great disappointment. Think that performance and the reaction after the final whistle sums up what's happening at the moment. I think this is a culmination of everything from the players to the management to the board.

We have seen a lot of good football and consistency over the last however many years, but today showed me how far we've gone backwards the last year or so. I don't mean players as a whole, what I mean is a lack of any real game tactics or management. I watched a group of players today who like me just couldn't understand what the game plan or what they were supposed to do. Yes these are professional footballers but we don't have anyone leading them currently.

I think it's pretty shameful that the players didn't come out at the end, but honestly it would have been such a cringe I'm not even surprised.
Sorry to disagree here.

If you think it's the management (the current manager or Mourinho of the past year or even Poch's final few months), you're being duped by Levy. You're being conditioned to hook on Levy next bait of new manager, and ready to give many of these ill professional footballer another chance.

The truth is it's the case of been there done that now. We need a big overhauling whether our best players stay or go. The many bad apples in the team failed the fan, and dragged other players down, and it showed now it comes from bad to worse (worst IMO). These players exhausted even our luck where we made CL final, and wrapped up top 4 the last time, where the crack in the squad was emerging visibly.

Ultimately, Levy, and ENIC vision is the root cause the issue. Picking the managers, backing or hanging him(s) out dry is their responsibility. However, for in depth discussing on Levy and ENIC, there is a thread for that.

Last edited:
Shambles of a performance no idea of what to do with the ball. The number of longs hit aimlessly was unbelievable. To leave talent, not always realised, such as gio, tanguy, bake and Lucas on the bench is criminal. Especially when dele and son haven’t really pulling up any trees. Son has been crap for months and never wants to beat a man. In what world does Bergwijn get ahead in the pecking order to Lucas who was bang in form before mason knew better. The starting 11 was abysmal how does dier still play? What has winks done to start? Why was gio not playing as he was one of our better players v wolves and keeps the tempo going as he always offers himself to make triangles. If not then sure tanguy over winks.
Mason has blown a free hit by playing his mates and being over cautious. Completely balls upped to LC game with his tactics and selection / subs. Utter tripe should have just got Harry!

Do you guys think I would have a case for suing my dad for getting me sucked into supporting spurs? Honestly, could have a potential child abuse case ffs.
I always imagined your first word being "cunt". Don't know if that is relevant.
I made him take me when I was six, so all my fault. I am expecting a letter before claim any day now.

We are shit!
That is all.
Fucking embarrassing.
I am disgusted, fucking disgusted..
I will gladly take mid table /relegation mediocrity for a while,if it means we get rid of all the deadwood and leeches.
53 years old&supporter. 45 years attending games and that is most I have been let down(apart from the FA Cup semi final against Everton in the 90s). I may be over reacting,but I really thought we ,as fans would get a reaction tonight,and a decent shift. But no.
Bollocks

Completely agree. Over the years there have been seasons when we have been shite but given the potential talent of this squad this hurts worse.

Bollocks to Levy and the players. Not doing enough.

Sedgley and Samways were limited but you know they loved the club.

One of my standout moments of the season was that Defoe got a league title at last, he had a box at the lane he would often give to charities or friends to use, I’d kill for someone to give 10% of the shit he did

.....still did you end up chatting up Mrs P or?

Back
Top Bottom