Tottenham Vs Villa - Wed 19th May - KO 6pm, live on Sky.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The fans in the stadium were an utter disgrace and contributed to the loss. Booing your own team - FUCK OFF.

My press mate was working the game. At half time SON stormed down the tunnel shouting that the fans were booing them all the time. And I quote 'They keep booing. Everytime we pass, everytime. Fucking hell. I can't play like this". He also made reference to the same thing happening at Wembley.

At the end of the day, Villa exposed our weakness. Our defenders are not very good at playing out from the back and don't like to be pressured on the ball. We have no outlet for long balls since Son/Bergjwin don't contest them, Harry can't jump because of his ankles and they doubled up on Dele.

Well played to Villa and a good example where we need to make improvements for next season.

Son has been utter shite for months. What's been his excuse for the rest of this year when fans were absent?

Well done to Villa. They took us apart. How long will Jack stay do you think?
Every transfer window it seems to become a more difficult task. I know he seems to be universally hated by fans of every other Club in the league, but for us he is our talisman and without him we wouldn’t have come up, stayed up or kicked on this season. The way our form dropped off the edge of a cliff second half of the season without him just proves the point.

The fact he is a local lad and has been a season ticket holder since he was a kid obviously helps in our chances of keeping hold of him, as does having wealthy owners who have no real need to sell, but it worries me there’s going to be some England players saying come and join us in a few weeks time.

If he moved on, I’ve got a horrible feeling we would be battling with the likes of Norwich next season to stay up again, although the owners have definitely improved the squad significantly from the one that started the 19/20 season at your place.

This side should have been cleared out after the cl final . The writing was on the wall then . And now the rebuild could take a very long time, we haven’t even got a manager lined up yet . Typical Spurs always fucking it up we are the laughing stock of the football community and at the moment a embarrassment to the supporters of this club .

The fans in the stadium were an utter disgrace and contributed to the loss. Booing your own team - FUCK OFF.

My press mate was working the game. At half time SON stormed down the tunnel shouting that the fans were booing them all the time. And I quote 'They keep booing. Everytime we pass, everytime. Fucking hell. I can't play like this". He also made reference to the same thing happening at Wembley.

At the end of the day, Villa exposed our weakness. Our defenders are not very good at playing out from the back and don't like to be pressured on the ball. We have no outlet for long balls since Son/Bergjwin don't contest them, Harry can't jump because of his ankles and they doubled up on Dele.

Well played to Villa and a good example where we need to make improvements for next season.
That’s absolute rubbish. I got behind the team for the whole game. There were a smattering of boos at halftime and lots after the game. I did boo when it was apparent the team are a bunch of bottlejobs who weren’t prepared to face us for the end of season applause. I get they were pissed off - so were we but a lot of us still hang around to support them. If that’s a genuine comment from Son sounds like he’s projecting his own short comings to me.

plus - as part of the few fans who sang and made an effort at those grim Wembley days he’s also talking rubbish. He wasn’t the one getting hassled by stewards for singing I want to go home!

rant over!

So busy with with work I completely forgot this was happening. Probably for the best.

Only reminded by my old dad, fan since the 60s, calling me up on the brink of tears about it all. All just such a waste.

I was at Wembley.

We didn’t boo them once. Support was awesome.

Unless they pipped the booing over the TV broadcast....there was a lot of booing when Spurs played the ball backwards/sideways.
Well, not going to argue over my actual experience at the stadium. There were loads more Spurs than City. Lots of noise. We even talked at half time about how positive it was - nothing aimed at Levy over ESL.

Don’t think he will ever be ready. His team selections have been a farce. He doesn’t appear to understand the game
Maybe but the problem is he is too close to the squad. I do worry that he does not seem to understand the tactics he attempted play required great fitness and stamina and the current Spurs squad do not have that. This is going to be my final post on Spurs for a while I am taking a break from Spurs for the summer.

Disgrace?
A damn sight less than the ones on the pitch.
As for booing,why didn't the delicate little flowers make a difference and shove the booing down our throats.
I remember years back in a league Cup match against Southend,I think and Terry Fenwick was getting dogs abuse. Did he moan and sulk,no! He stuck the ball in their net and went and celebrated with the empty shelf/ Worcester AVE terrace( we were having work done at the time,so it was empty).
If Sonny did moan as you say,then fuck him also,and I love the fella normally.

He'll be getting a pair of my after curry y fronts in the post as well

Last edited:
So frustrating - I hate what Jose has done to this side....no confidence and reduced ability from last season to this. Not one player has been coached to be better than before he arrived.

Look at the players Poch improved - Kane, Sonny, Dier, Toby, Dele , Danny etc

We cant just get rid of everyone so we need a coach that can improve players desperately.....Regulion , Tanganga and Bergwin being the biggest opportunities.

Very easy to blame mourinho, as for players not improved, well ndombele fitness has improved, aurier improved for about 6 months and kane has improved this season as the stats show.

Imagine starting a new employment and straight away under the microscope, thus unable to really perform for 12 months effectively - amazon prime comes to mind.

A chariman who will micro manage you, and over rule your decisions, is a hiding to know where.

Son is a hit and miss player, in that his decision making is poor 50% of the time but his finishing is good, hence jose tried to utilise that with kane dropping deep.

Compare son to grealish and you can see the contrast in football intelligence.

The rest of the other players toby was still toby, dier has not been the same since his illness, and was afforded time to learn a new role.

Who is it, that sent skipp, ryan and troy on loan? rather than faffing about on the bench, thus at the same time using the opportunity to further look at the likes or winks, moura etc.

Confidence, please, players are not doing the basic's, hence the brain farts and poor decision making, alot of big time charlies as they call it.

Another thing take a look at man utd who are currently in 2nd place and 12 points behind man city, an in a final, who have not only brought in cavani, a left back, right back, centreback and the mercurial bruno fernandes on top of some the players jose had at his disposal at his time there, that 200 plus mill outlay, andthere is only a 7 point difference between mourhino finishing 2nd, with 19 points behind city, with smalling, jones, linderof and bailly in defence and linguard as his bruno fernandes.

So frustrating - I hate what Jose has done to this side....no confidence and reduced ability from last season to this. Not one player has been coached to be better than before he arrived.

Look at the players Poch improved - Kane, Sonny, Dier, Toby, Dele , Danny etc

We cant just get rid of everyone so we need a coach that can improve players desperately.....Regulion , Tanganga and Bergwin being the biggest opportunities.
Oh yeah, it's all Jose's fault you complete melt.

Re boos: I never do that, but I totally understand why the fans booed the team at half time and at the end.

What made me feel very sad was the booing durning playing. Some of our players may always have been shit, some are now (hopefully only temporarily )and our manager is there just to fill a seat for a few games, but I really don't think the booing during the game helped anyone. Maybe I am taking the word "supporter" too literally

I know how frustrated and angry we all are and I understand the booing, but I am not sure it helped anyone

I don't boo but I don't feel any sympathy for the players at all. They have been lucky there's no fans in the stadium this year. They've lacked effort and heart and for me that's 10 x worse than a lack of ability. Fuck em and fuck the owners too.

Disgrace?
A damn sight less than the ones on the pitch.
As for booing,why didn't the delicate little flowers make a difference and shove the booing down our throats.
I remember years back in a league Cup match against Southend,I think and Terry Fenwick was getting dogs abuse. Did he moan and sulk,no! He stuck the ball in their net and went and celebrated with the empty shelf/ Worcester AVE terrace( we were having work done at the time,so it was empty).
If Sonny did moan as you say,then fuck him also,and I love the fella normally.

He'll be getting a pair of my after curry y fronts in the post as well
It is obviously not true, the main giveaway is "press mate". This guy doesn't have any mates, real ones anyway.
I was there like you, he is talking bollocks. Some groans, sure, but only booing at half time and final whistle. These players are taking the piss. They have been pampered for too long. Fortunately for them, they could play in empty stadiums. They should focus less on elaborate hand shakes,video games and crying(literally in some cases), and grow up.

Bullshit

Fans absolutely right to boo that shitshow. How DARE you take that attitude you MELT. I'm willing to be you've never watched us play live, ever, in your lifetime.

Don't ever post on here again

Back
Top Bottom