In Search of Kane's Replacement

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF
day rage GIF

I'm surprised we didn't sign Andre Silva last summer. Mendes client, 1 year left on his deal back then, I thought it was a no brainer as back up to Kane

Yeah i think it would for me as well, i just dont trust Levy to get rid of all the deadwood! I would much rather watch 11 youngsters turn up and give it there all then watch some over paid wankers going through the motions as they think they just need to turn up to win!
Lets give the likes of Rodon, Skipp, Clarke and sessegnon a chance to show us what they can do, through in a few others such as Bamford and Eze and who knows, look how good frank Lampard got Chelsea playing when they had the transfer ban, granted it will likely be a painful few seasons but will it be any worse than the one we have just witnessed?
I agree with the young signings with promise. I would love Eze but he’s out for the rest of the year unfortunately.

Did Ings not have us as an option prior to going to Liverpool but chose Liverpool? So nah fuck him he had his chance......

We do not need to replace Kane with a world class striker. We already have one and are still terrible. We need to find an adequate striker who has potential and replace Kane by strengthening our many, many weak areas (creative midfield, defending, etc.)

We do not need to replace Kane with a world class striker. We already have one and are still terrible. We need to find an adequate striker who has potential and replace Kane by strengthening our many, many weak areas (creative midfield, defending, etc.)
This. We won't be able to find a like for like replacement for Kane. It is smarter to just retool the entire team. New system, new setup. And a new attack that has the goals more evenly spread out among them.

I agree. Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, and Liverpool are in top 4 without a reliable classic striker this season (Aguero injured, Jesus useless, Cavani in and out, Werner shite, Giroud bench, and Firmino inconsistent). Buying a solid center back (e.g., Van Dijk and Dias) and a top central mid (e.g., KDB/Gundogan/Rodrigo, Fernandes/Pogba, Kante, and Fabinho) alone will improve a lot.

Exactly. That's what my mate (Barca fan) told me as well. It's pointless for us to try to replace Kane, we just need to create a new system where the ST is not the focal point, and to improve the other areas of the pitch (a system like we used back in 2017/2018 when Kane was injured and we had Son, Dele, Eriksen and Lucas swapping positions all the time.)

I agree. Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, and Liverpool are in top 4 without a reliable classic striker this season (Aguero injured, Jesus useless, Cavani in and out, Werner shite, Giroud bench, and Firmino inconsistent). Buying a solid center back (e.g., Van Dijk and Dias) and a top central mid (e.g., KDB/Gundogan/Rodrigo, Fernandes/Pogba, Kante, and Fabinho) alone will improve a lot.
Are you living in the same world like me or in the fifa world?
Van Dijk and Dias solid???
Every player which you mentioned is world class not solid

No player on earth which has the class of them will join us 😂
Also we don't spend such big fees

Back
Top Bottom