Europa Conference League 2021/22; potential QR2 vs Honka Espoo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How far will we reach?

• Total voters
The final is being held in Tirana.

Rd690b80fb690601935bec616aae77ddc

Looks a decent destination.
I heard somewhere that the capacity of that stadium is less than our south stand at NWHL:sonhmm:

But lets not fall victim to our own hubris as we did multiple times in the EL this season.

We need to take our opponents seriously in every game. I'm not saying we need to go full strength with zero rotation. But we need to approach the games seriously and want to win them.
This season was royally fucked up from the off by having to qualify for the Europa League group stages.
Poch's team lost its remaining MoJo under Mourinho, and now we're in for a complete rebuild.
If I was the new coach, I would put ALL my eggs into the PL, and going for CL qualification.
I don't give a monkeys about some Europa conference league.

This season was royally fucked up from the off by having to qualify for the Europa League group stages.
Poch's team lost its remaining MoJo under Mourinho, and now we're in for a complete rebuild.
If I was the new coach, I would put ALL my eggs into the PL, and going for CL qualification.
I don't give a monkeys about some Europa conference league.
I would not throw all of our eggs in one basket.

Tottenham is not big enough were we can turn our noses up at any competition. You build winning mentality by taking all competitions seriously.

Poch's insistence on cups and EL not mattering was a mistake. He did a lot of good but that was a mistake.

A trophy is a trophy at the end of the day but let’s face it.

We’re obviously going to get knocked out by Romanian farmers.

Kane goes to Man United in the summer and they win nothing, meanwhile we hoist this Cup up at the end of the year showing him who the real winners are!

I would not throw all of our eggs in one basket.

Tottenham is not big enough were we can turn our noses up at any competition. You build winning mentality by taking all competitions seriously.

Poch's insistence on cups and EL not mattering was a mistake. He did a lot of good but that was a mistake.
I can see us having 6 or 7 new players on the team sheet come the start of next season.
Similar to the situation when we sold Bale & bought the "Magnificent Seven".
Hopefully our new coach is some sort of Poch - with a high energy game & an offensive strategy.
If that's the case, I don't want our core players jetting off to far flung parts of Europe every mid-week.
If Loco Bielsa's Leeds had been playing in a European competition, there is no way they would have kept the pace up to the end of the season & finished so high.
So, for me, fuck the Europa conference league. I'm happy we finished 7th (more cash for the rebuild than 8th & above the woolwich), but we can use it to blood some of our excellent Academy players.

Maybe play our so called better players at home and not have them travel to Mongolia every second Thursday.
Also I don’t understand why uefa didn’t resurrect the cup winners cup in some way

We should treat this as a competition for the academy players. If I were the manager I’m not even sure I’d attend the matches. Just let the academy staff run it.

UEFA probably wouldn’t allow that though.

Back
Top Bottom