Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Conte is a fantastic manager, no doubt one of the best in the world. The question of his suitability always comes back to Levy.

If Levy is going to keep penny-pinching and force the manager to work with one hand tied behind his back, then there is no point bringing a manager like Conte.

When he went to Chelsea, the first thing he did was push Chelsea to sign Kante from the team that just won the league title. Is Levy going to do something similar? If not then there is not point paying Conte his salary.

La Stampa is also reliable, although more when it comes to Turin sides. This story might have legs...
So I thought we wanted someone who would rebuild this side? Conte seems like a “now” appointment, short sighted and bound for disaster in 1-2 years when Levy will stop backing him in the market. Happened at Chelsea, happening at Inter, but we decide to ignore all the warnings lol.

Conte and Levy is just a horrendous match. They could never work together.

Conte is like a modern version of Mourinho, he has the same demands and the same principles of football. It’s not going to work with a man like Levy. Conte has had toxic fallouts with much more free-spending chairmen than Levy. He could never work for someone as tight and controlling as him.

Conte would walk in on the first day and demand that Ndombele be sold immediately and that we sign Grealish for £70m, it would be over before it even started.

That’s my fear and the fallout would leave us in an even worse financial state. Conte is great if he has what he needs but Right now as Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb said we need a rebuilder type manager.

From what I've gathered, he is very likely to leave Inter. Their owners need to cut the player wages by 20% and take in around 80 million from player sales. And his contract only runs until 2022.

But I don't think he is coming to us, more like Madrid.

So I thought we wanted someone who would rebuild this side? Conte seems like a “now” appointment, short sighted and bound for disaster in 1-2 years when Levy will stop backing him in the market. Happened at Chelsea, happening at Inter, but we decide to ignore all the warnings lol.
Plan might be to win now, so we can try to improve with better funds and pedigree later. I fully expect Kane to be sold if Conte comes though, and don't be surprised if we end up with Lukaku as a replacement.

Plan might be to win now, so we can try to improve with better funds and pedigree later. I fully expect Kane to be sold if Conte comes though, and don't be surprised if we end up with Lukaku as a replacement.
Sounds like no planning. One week ago we were told that we’re looking to rebuild the team and return to our club values, now it’s 180 degrees turn and we want another “winner” manager? Wtf

Conte is probably one of the few managers that stands a chance of convincing Kane to stay.

Don’t underestimate how badly Levy wants to avoid being the man who sold Harry Kane to Manchester.

Sounds like a 0 planning. One week ago we were told that we’re looking to rebuild the team and return to our club values, now it’s 180 degrees turn and we want another “winner” manager? Wtf

You shouldn’t be taking PR hot air from the club seriously. Levy’s chairman’s message was just him saying what he had to say. Doesn’t mean he believes any of it. Never forget that Gareth Bale “was not for sale at any price”.

In any case, Conte could rebuild the team. If he’s given the money to do it. That is the million dollar question.

Conte is one of the top 3 managers in the world right now, up there with klopp and guardiola

Would be pretty incredible if we pulled this off after inter have just won the league and we’ve just come 7th lol

Can imagine the opposite tbh, don’t see Conte coming without assurances Kane isn’t going anywhere

Out of the names that seem possible Conte is the only one who won't feel like a massive letdown. If we ended up with Martinez I'd be appalled.

(I'm discounting Poch because I just don't see that being realistic. It's pure clickbait and fan service to suggest it's a possibility.)

Conte: I want these 10 player sold immediately. I want us to buy these 7 players. I will only come if this happens.

Levy: sure thing, if you come I will do this.

Conte: is it done yet?

Levy: no I couldn’t get the prices I needed for the players to be sold and the purchases I couldn’t afford but I bought Danny Welbeck instead

Conte: fuck you I am leaving at the end of the season

Normally wouldn't mind Conte but it feels too much like Mourinho all over again.

He will likely want to bring in a fair bit of quality but where are the big funds coming from? it's not coming from stadium revenue surely, so I guess it would come from selling the likes of Kane which also seems counter-intuitive if we are trying to bring Conte

As others have said he is definitely going to be get sick of Levy creeping around the breakfast hall and their relationship will break down. Then we will need to go through the whole process of finding another manager.

Just get him a premium Zoom account.
Just strap a ipad to Ledley King's stomach.

Go full Krang.

OIP.t0ONXNzqLtjgSFVPp6sCnwHaFj

Back
Top Bottom