Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
A lot of fans seem to be obsessed with a big name even if that big name takes us down. Whether we like it or not we have Joe Lewis money limits and we have to employ based on that. Ten Hag is still my choice as I believe he is the least risk.

If this goes wrong it will go wrong in a big way.
Ralf Hassentuttle is by far the biggest name?

What Hercules thinks he is:

businessman-on-cell-phone-in-the-city-DIGF08432.jpg

What he actually is:

s-e1097de29c093af30b01ec7ffbf8f679a8a4e5d7.jpg

A lot of fans seem to be obsessed with a big name even if that big name takes us down. Whether we like it or not we have Joe Lewis money limits and we have to employ based on that. Ten Hag is still my choice as I believe he is the least risk.

If this goes wrong it will go wrong in a big way.
It's not just about a big name.
It's about a big personality who will challenge Levy rather than submit to Levy.
It's about someone who has proven they can turn things around. Look at where Chelsea were and where Inter were when he took over.
It's about saying to a squad of players that we ARE ambitious to the good ones and the shit players will be gone.

A young up and coming coach who has barely struck a match let alone set the world alight ticks none of those boxes. In fact, I'd go as far as to say they're the polar opposite in every way.
They'll be completely compliant with Levy.
They have no experience with improving results.
They don't send any kind of message of intent to anyone and will likely bow to Levy and play the deadwood until they're 38 and retire.

It’s amazing how Hercules still goes for it thinking someone believes all his bullshit year after year. What a guy :myword:
Oh I can believe he'd do it.
What I can't believe is that SC have the gall to let him and punish anyone who dares question him. And more so, that very few on there don't ask why someone with no track record is held in such high esteem?

Maybe he's very close with someone at the club. Maybe that is true. Maybe everything he says is just school boy excitement and not solid facts.

It's not just about a big name.
It's about a big personality who will challenge Levy rather than submit to Levy.
It's about someone who has proven they can turn things around. Look at where Chelsea were and where Inter were when he took over.
It's about saying to a squad of players that we ARE ambitious to the good ones and the shit players will be gone.

A young up and coming coach who has barely struck a match let alone set the world alight ticks none of those boxes. In fact, I'd go as far as to say they're the polar opposite in every way.
They'll be completely compliant with Levy.
They have no experience with improving results.
They don't send any kind of message of intent to anyone and will likely bow to Levy and play the deadwood until they're 38 and retire.

Yeh but Levy doesn’t change does he. If Conte makes him he will have done something no-one else not even angry Jose has done. It is more likely Levy will spin a story to Conte then when the crunch comes to take a hit on player sales or buy big and buy early he does his normal tight arse show then it explodes and Conte leaves or gets sacked mid season.

There is a reason Poch worked with us and it’s the same reason the likes of Ten Hag or Potter would probably work with us. Conte is a better manager than both of them but better fit, probably not with Levy and Joe Lewis.

Back
Top Bottom