Poch coming back to Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think Pochettino would be a good choice for our next coach?

• Yes

Votes: 175 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 115 39.7%

• Total voters
Turns out they have zero idea and the current top two candidates (allegedly) are people who weren't even in the running 24 hours ago.

WTF has the board been doing for the past couple of months since sacking Jose?
People think there’s some like secret ITK whereby it was knowable in March that Antonio Conte would quit Inter yesterday, or that Poch would genuinely feel willing to come back.

It just isn’t so. Things change. We are wise to be reacting to the market where it stands, but at the end of the day the only thing that matters is who we choose and the resources made available for them to succeed.

Hiring Graham Potter a month ago would have been a horrible mistake, because we can still hire him tomorrow if we want to, but now we have additional attractive options to consider.

Again, there was no point whatsoever to sacking Jose and making this job available when we did. Nothing important was ever going to happen until the end of the season.

As much as I think this has next to no chance of actually happening, I would be fucking over the moon to have this man back at the helm.

Zidane could go to PSG. More than possible. Conte could take Madrid, so far better for Pochettino to look at a return to us if on the table.

Best scenario- really torn but it could only work under certain conditions or it could be an utter disaster.

I voted no.

Same reasons as others have mentioned. Too soon, too many players left that he lost the ability to coach, Winks etc.

Plus as much as I like him he was really getting on my tits with his comments in the few months before he was sacked.

For me the big problem is twofold. He needs a young team to play the pressing game he likes, but also relies on a sense of team unity which makes it difficult to refresh the team.

I voted no.

Same reasons as others have mentioned. Too soon, too many players left that he lost the ability to coach, Winks etc.

Plus as much as I like him he was really getting on my tits with his comments in the few months before he was sacked.

For me the big problem is twofold. He needs a young team to play the pressing game he likes, but also relies on a sense of team unity which makes it difficult to refresh the team.

Sorry I disagreed mate, but this bloke gets us. All managers at his level have ability, but he has a passion for us. If Levy backs him he has the potential to become legendary. I say Levy should go for broke - get him and back him to the hilt.

Again, there was no point whatsoever to sacking Jose and making this job available when we did. Nothing important was ever going to happen until the end of the season.
This is how utterly clueless the guys at the top of Tottenham must be.

Sacking Jose 6 days before a Cup Final and putting a 29 year old rookie in charge has to be one of the dumbest decisions we've ever made.....

And that includes hiring Gross and Jaques santini....

Everyone excited about Poch returning when in his first game back and he has moved Dier back into midfield and he is starting alongside Sissoko and Winks in a diamond:

Amazon Prime Boom GIF by The Boys
What's that scene from?! 😂 That's not Scanners is it?....🤔

Back
Top Bottom