Poch coming back to Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think Pochettino would be a good choice for our next coach?

• Yes

Votes: 175 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 115 39.7%

• Total voters
In honour of Poch coming back I think we should kick of the new season with some Maurico signings.

Can't wait to see N'Jie, Janssen and Nkoudou back at the lane!
I want Mourizio Poch in goal!

I know you are a big jose fan. But his signings have been really shit too. Doherty is the worst players ive seen at spurs in a long time (and weve seen winks and sissoko!) Bergwin, Vinicius, Gedson were all shit...Reg and Hojberg just about average, Bale he couldnt work with.

It was his substitutions that used to wind me up
Either too late or the wrong ones

And he seemed to have no plan B as in the Juve home game
He just couldn’t react so we got knocked out despite a great comeback in Turin!
I hear ya. I want to agree with ya. But Ajax.....

This entire managerial search has strong Mystery Box vibes. One choice is Poch and the other is a Mystery Box. And we are looking for Poch, but we want to take the Mystery Box because it COULD be Poch.

It's weird as hell.

This entire managerial search has strong Mystery Box vibes. One choice is Poch and the other is a Mystery Box. And we are looking for Poch, but we want to take the Mystery Box because it COULD be Poch.

It's weird as hell.
It’s almost as if Levy hasn’t got a clue to what he’s doing .

We aren't actually comparing Jose to Poch are we? Seriously?
I think so.

The idea seems to be that Poch under achieved with a squad of world beaters and should have cleared up with the domestic treble and had us champions of Europe All on the the third smallest transfer budget in EPL.

But when one of the most succesfull managers in the history of football failed and had his pants pulled down by the very same players the narrative miraculously changes and the squad he inherited was actually a load of shite filled with the current word of choice deadwood

People are so deluded. Do they ever take a moment to contemplate the shit they're posting?

Love poch but fact was in his last 24 Prem games we got 25 points and the football in those last few games was atrocious - the defeat at home to Newcastle springs to mind as a low point- what will be different if he comes back?

I think so.

The idea seems to be that Poch under achieved with a squad of world beaters and should have cleared up with the domestic treble and had us champions of Europe All on the the third smallest transfer budget in EPL.

But when one of the most succesfull managers in the history of football failed and had his pants pulled down by the very same players the narrative miraculously changes and the squad he inherited was actually a load of shite filled with the current word of choice deadwood

People are so deluded. Do they ever take a moment to contemplate the shit they're posting?

Poch got players like Rose playing at 100% for season after season then Rose burnt out and Poch burnt out. The idea we had the fucking Real Madrid team is insane, we had the AVB/Sherwood team mostly. Poch massively overachieved with the players he had but didn’t quite reach the summit and that is held against him by a few fans.

Last edited:
Good debate on any possible return for Pochettino although my concern is that we need a new manager installed PDQ.

I see no point referencing his latter days because the majority of managers who are relieved of their duties rarely have a good record towards the end of their tenure. The height of paradox.

For me the only issue with Pochettino, which may have too much of a smattering of hope over likelihood and any possible appointment is that they can bring direction and drive on the pitch.

The club has had ample time since getting rid of Mourinho and yet we near the start of June and run the risk of being rudderless at a time when we most need to be steered away from the rocks.

Good debate on any possible return for Pochettino although my concern is that we need a new manager installed PDQ.

I see no point referencing his latter days because the majority of managers who are relieved of their duties rarely have a good record towards the end of their tenure. The height of paradox.

For me the only issue with Pochettino, which may have too much of a smattering of hope over likelihood and any possible appointment is that they can bring direction and drive on the pitch.

The club has had ample time since getting rid of Mourinho and yet we near the start of June and run the risk of being rudderless at a time when we most need to be steered away from the rocks.
Needs to be done before the Euros imv

5d401d70-9306-4abe-b82d-30456e84a420.jpg

Poch got players like Rose playing at 100% for season after season then Rose burnt out and Poch burnt out. The idea we had the fucking Real Madrid team is insane, we had the AVB/Sherwood team mostly. Poch massively overachieved with the players he had but didn’t quite reach the summit and that is held against him by a few fans.
Bollocks. I want Poch to return, but the squad we had in 2016/2017 was insane. Great goalie in Hugo, best fullbacks and centreback combination in the league, more than a respectable midfield with Wanyama, Dembele and sometimes Dier, and a great attack that to this day would still work. If that isn't a title-winning squad, I don't know what is. He performed well that season, it's just that Conte did the impossible with the Chavs.

Back
Top Bottom