Poch coming back to Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think Pochettino would be a good choice for our next coach?

• Yes

Votes: 175 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 115 39.7%

• Total voters
If that novice is a massive step up from the "serial winner" then yes you do.
Everything Jose said about our shit squad is 100% right.
Whoever comes in next will face the same problems defenders that can't defend and midfield players that don't work hard enough.
Unless we ship out a minimum of 50% of this squad we are winning fuck all.
We have a squad of babies who down tools at the first sign of things going against us.

Whoever comes in next will face the same problems defenders that can't defend and midfield players that don't work hard enough.
We have a squad of babies who down tools at the first sign of things going against us.

As usual not sure why you quoted my post to go on your pathetic rant since it has little do with what I posted, our reality.

As usual not sure why you quoted my post to go on your pathetic rant since it has little do with what I posted, our reality.
Only an idiot would come out and say Ryan Mason is a better manager than Jose.
The man said it exactly how it is we have a shit squad but we had more chance of winning the final under him than under Ryan.
We beat City in 2 of the 3 games under Jose so clearly he had a plan and tactics to achieve this but you clearly know more than a man that has won more trophies than our club has in its history

I get what you are saying, but in all honesty my memory of beating Chelsea in the league Cup final was basically a flat dead atmosphere inside Wembley and a lucky winner bouncing off woodgate's nose , great to beat them but I have much better memories of beating the scum in the semi- final that year, the atmosphere inside the lane that night was unforgettable. Beating Chelsea in the league at the lane in 2006 means a lot more to me than the league Cup win , nobody climbed up some stairs to pick up a tinpot at the end but for me as an experience and a memory it pisses all over a lucky cup win ...don't get me wrong winning cup's is great but definitely not the be all end all...
You clearly did not go to the final in 2008 if you honestly think that.
Flat atmosphere?
Certainly not in our part of the stadium.

We have a squad of babies who down tools at the first sign of things going agai

Name one club that has done this during a rebuild!!!

Only an idiot would come out and say Ryan Mason is a better manager than Jose.
The man said it exactly how it is we have a shit squad but we had more chance of winning the final under him than under Ryan.
We beat City in 2 of the 3 games under Jose so clearly he had a plan and tactics to achieve this but you clearly know more than a man that has won more trophies than our club has in its history

The last game we played them they beat us easily. He could beat much weaker teams and had already shown in his time with us that what he did in his past had nothing to do with what he could do now.

This fucking moronic idea that Jose could beat City in the final is ridiculous. He couldn't beat Zagreb with a 2 goal cushion, but somehow he has a magic formula to beat City.

And who cares what he said about our club he couldn't get them to get results against much weaker sides. He had a much more talented team than what his results were. Plus most of what he said was complete BS.

Anyways that sack of shit is gone and rightfully so. His record here speaks for itself. There is a reason he jumped at the chance to go to a 2n rate job in Roma when then are so many top level jobs available because he is not close to level of manager to get top jobs.

The last game we played them they beat us easily. He could beat much weaker teams and had already shown in his time with us that what he did in his past had nothing to do with what he could do now.

This fucking moronic idea that Jose could beat City in the final is ridiculous. He couldn't beat Zagreb with a 2 goal cushion, but somehow he has a magic formula to beat City.

And who cares what he said about our club he couldn't get them to get results against much weaker sides. He had a much more talented team than what his results were. Plus most of what he said was complete BS.

Anyways that sack of shit is gone and rightfully so. His record here speaks for itself. There is a reason he jumped at the chance to go to a 2n rate job in Roma when then are so many top level jobs available because he is not close to level of manager to get top jobs.
We have a squad that is nowhere near top 4 level but according to you it is much better.
I hope the new manager comes in and gets this talented squad in the top 4,somehow without major signings I think the position we finished in will be exactly the same or below this season's position.
We have 2 top 4 players in Kane and Son the rest are all Europa league at best.
I look forward to playing superb attacking football with this amazing squad next season but I think we will see performances like Leeds away and Villa at home should we keep this super squad.

Well it was your post, so you shoulder the responsibility of putting it out there. You denigrated the work of someone who is a highly sought after manager in world football, and your post patronised what he did for the club I support, and have done so for over 50 years.
That longevity gives me an insight into the capabilities of around 25 managers, and in my opinion, he managed to produce a series of performances that outstrip all of the others. Had he done that prior to the Daddy Warbucks generation of clubs, we would have been league champions much more recently.
I was criticising what you posted, as if it was the work of a 9 year old.
Ok. I guess your red card sort of ended the discussion.

My daughter reckons that if Poch is announced on Tuesday they should organise an open top bus parade for him, because it's the only chance he'll get for one.

I said the same thing the day Poch was sacked, wishing we could sack players as their weakness was major driver not Poch, and the Jose era just confirmed it

I feel sick

I knew it from the moment we lost that final, I put the thread up, it was never going to be the same again, heads would turn, performances would flatten

The players need a fucking good look in the mirror, Bale won games thats how he got to madrid, under AV fucking B, if cunts like Eriksen think sat there in midfield gets you the same he is wrong

39yrs old and Poch responsible for 10 of my 20 best moments as a spurs fan at least

Thank you Poch, its sad it didnt work out fully, and the wheels came off, he deserves his share of the blame. Its just a shame in this Pogba age you cant fucking sack players too

Welcome back Ledley to my avatar

BEST OF LUCK POCH

We have a squad that is nowhere near top 4 level but according to you it is much better.
I hope the new manager comes in and gets this talented squad in the top 4,somehow without major signings I think the position we finished in will be exactly the same or below this season's position.
We have 2 top 4 players in Kane and Son the rest are all Europa league at best.
I look forward to playing superb attacking football with this amazing squad next season but I think we will see performances like Leeds away and Villa at home should we keep this super squad.

We finished 5 points behind fourth, and 6 points behind 3rd, so we’re clearly not “nowhere near top 4 level”. Particularly given the number of games during the season we should’ve picked up more points.

Back
Top Bottom