Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016
Many of our fans vastly over rate our players and Danny boy is in a long list of players that have been massively over rated over the years.
Good athlete at his best but no football brain he will probably retire or play out his career at a lower end premier league club.

I didn't hear about this.
What happened?
He didn't lose it mate Redknapp just very savvyly thought he'd burned himself out with all the emotion. It's one of the little things that actually made me see there was more than BS with Harry. He is actually very highly emotionally intelligent just very in articulate. Poch would have left him on he'd have been so pumped he two foots the centetforward and gets a straight red.

That’s a man who‘s clearly very low on confidence and very uncomfortable in front of camera. It’s sad to see really, he looks a shadow of his former self.

He was a great member of the squad for many years and it’s disappointing that his time here will be slightly tarnished by how it finished. He shouldn’t have been ostracised like he was because he could still have been a useful squad player over the last 18 months.

What’s done is done though and I wish him well for the future.

I am sorry £1m was a steal for Rose. The freezing out of Rose by Mourinho was a disgrace.
I dont blame Mourinho for that at all.

Rose was unfit, out of form and hadnt been near form for a long time, short on contract and with a cunts attitude - made Mourinhos choice for him really.

Will always love the guy. I don't give a fuck what he said, he was right and we're weak and petty for holding it against him.

Memories:

Scaring an entire pub with my scream as he scores against goons on his debut. Fucking amazing.
Scoring against chavs and doing a sliding head-stand (was my avatar for a while).
Ajax CL semi-final, he played a blinder. Swigging beer like a boss at the end.

Very good article on the club's web page. Surprisingly he leaves with no animosity to anyone.

The issue is whether he sticks to this line.

If so then fond farewell but he wrecked what could have been a legacy and probable captaincy..

Love Danny. Didn't take any bullshit from anyone, wanted what the supporters wanted, and he was crucified because of it. Shame that some fans here, don't hold any grudges towards Walker, who went to City, but absolutely despise Rose, who stayed with us. I don't even care about THAT interview, it was the interview of a player who was frustrated and wanted more from this club, because he had realised his potential. When he went to Mourinho, was he wrong? Why was Davies playing ahead of him after his injury? Why were shit like Dier and Winks being played?
Thanks a lot Danny. Guess football players and fans have gone too soft now, and all the players have to be PR-machines to succeed now. Maybe Rose was too honest after all...

I still don't get why he allowed those clips of him and Jose to be in the doc. That should have stayed behind closed doors. He was basically fucked once that was shown to the world.

It's a shame he couldn't have left to play elsewhere but it's now common in football, players see out their contracts if they can't get more money elsewhere, might has well sit tight and pick up the dough while doing nothing. When players earn so much now it's difficult to criticize them for it.

Back
Top Bottom