Poch coming back to Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think Pochettino would be a good choice for our next coach?

• Yes

Votes: 175 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 115 39.7%

• Total voters
Either way levy has made a balls up in this whole situation. He means well but business comes first ahead of football decisions. He needs to step down soon. Hes stubborn and wont leave until we get a big trophy. But 20 years is long enough. He needs to find a buyer who can take us to next level. I suppose he got us above Woolwich for 6 years. But we as fans want the memories of celebrating titles. Said this for about 15 years. Gets boring after a while.

I'll never forget how much Ajax slapped us around over those two legs in 2019 (yes yes, they were naive in the final 45 mins and we enjoyed a miracle).

I'd love to see us play like that.
Ajax played Bayern, Real and Juventus in the Champions League that season and they absolutely spanked all three of them.
They weren’t lucky or fluke victories either, they quite literally played them off the park. This is why comparisons to de Boer are so lazy. His teams were hopeless in Europe. The whipping boys of the group.

And of that team ten Hag has lost Onana, De Ligt, Schone, van de Beek, Ziyech, De Jong, quite literally the spine of the team ripped apart and yet they are STILL competitive (very unlucky to be knocked out in the group stages)

The guy is clearly an insane coach. I genuinely think we will regret it for years to come if we don’t appoint him now, because it’s only a matter of time before a really really big club get their hands on him.

Gut feeling is i reckon we will pay comp and then hire poch. Then we need to push on and rebuild. Cant drag out kane scenario as well otherwise will lower morale of squad all summer. Get that done either way and push on.

Remind me how many trophies Mourinho has won so far, 22 and still counting. Spurs??? Much as you hate him, you cant denigrate his achievements as much as you want to. Zagreb was only one match compared to the 100s and 1000s hes won including important finals. And that's why hes won the biggest prize in football twice in different leagues.
That's like saying I had a 22inch waist and a flat stomach twenty years ago, no relevance on what I have today!

Can we quit this Daniel stuff here and now please.

Fucking Daniel
My friend’s parents called their Labrador Daniel.

Absolutely disgraceful name for a dog. They didn’t even shorten it to Dan. ‘Daniel’.

Killed the name for me.

All sorts of sick cunts out there.

The absurd thing about this is having sacked Poch, Levy seems very keen to reappoint him having squandered God knows how many millions on paying off Poch, paying Mourinho and paying him off as well. Now looks like there’s more outlay to prise Poch away from his PSG contract... for someone who’s apparently very astute with money, Levy has blown millions on managerial fuck ups that could perhaps have bought us the player(s) to win some things during Poch’s first spell here. Ironic really.

Ajax played Bayern, Real and Juventus in the Champions League that season and they absolutely spanked all three of them.
They weren’t lucky or fluke victories either, they quite literally played them off the park. This is why comparisons to de Boer are so lazy. His teams were hopeless in Europe. The whipping boys of the group.

And of that team ten Hag has lost Onana, De Ligt, Schone, van de Beek, Ziyech, De Jong, quite literally the spine of the team ripped apart and yet they are STILL competitive (very unlucky to be knocked out in the group stages)

The guy is clearly an insane coach. I genuinely think we will regret it for years to come if we don’t appoint him now, because it’s only a matter of time before a really really big club get their hands on him.

I feel convinced by what you've written, but still am a bit haunted by De Boers failure in the EPL, along with seemingly a lot of other dutch coaches. Would Ten Hag adapt well? Would he be accepted by the squad? Is Daniel wise enough to give him the keys to the whole football structure and a respectful budget?

The absurd thing about this is having sacked Poch, Levy seems very keen to reappoint him having squandered God knows how many millions on paying off Poch, paying Mourinho and paying him off as well. Now looks like there’s more outlay to prise Poch away from his PSG contract... for someone who’s apparently very astute with money, Levy has blown millions on managerial fuck ups that could perhaps have bought us the player(s) to win some things during Poch’s first spell here. Ironic really.
According to the media - meanwhile in the real world.

According to the media - meanwhile in the real world.
I don’t know if the Poch rumours are true but I think it’s a good point. Personally, I believe that top level managers are probably overrated to an extent. All these winners seem to (in general) win with the same big spending clubs who have the best players at their disposal. Clubs that don’t miss out on players through hardline negotiations. Levy seems to have done a phenomenal job with the financials but player recruitment has been very average for a while now.

Back
Top Bottom