Poch coming back to Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think Pochettino would be a good choice for our next coach?

• Yes

Votes: 175 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 115 39.7%

• Total voters
Kinda funny how things work - a week ago when the Ligue 1 season came to an end and Lille snatched the title, people were speculating that PSG might sack Pochettino just 6 months after he got the job. A week later and he’s got his contract extended which means his job is no longer under threat. PSG have forced themselves to keep him another season if they were even considering sacking him.

So I’d say this has actually turned out really well for Poch. He should have enough time to see another season at PSG unless something unexpected happens. I’m really curious if Poch really wanted to come back at Tottenham or it was just noise to get PSG to act.

If we’re not negotiating with Conte I really don’t see the point of waiting out on the appointment since the other option would be ten Hag.

I’m also trying to figure how Levy can sneak past these rumours without another hit on his reputation. At the end of the season most people were really content with one of Potter or Ten Hag, now the former seems unlikely and the latter has become an underwhelming option to most of the fans. So if he’s going to get Conte, his open letter to the fans about DNA, attacking football will become a fart in the wind as Conte is possibly a manager who doesn’t apply these principles, but if he gets ten Hag most fans will jump on him because he’s hired the least appealing manager out of the big 3.

Last edited:
The Tea Lady has spoken:
She is rock solid that Poch is coming back.
Reasons:- She has overheard a critical conversation and she has been asked to order some very special Argentinian Herbal Tea.

The only road block is cash or Pochettino saying he wants out, IF WE BELIEVE the rumours.

I think its all very odd and sadly very us.

At the time when you need to be decisive we dither.

That really is in the DNA of the club.

Yeah, I think we’re all fed up with the speculation now. It just seems like it’s all false hope, to make you think they’re being proactive in finding someone

Kinda funny how things work - a week ago when the Ligue 1 season came to an end and Lille snatched the title, people were speculating that PSG might sack Pochettino just 6 months after he got the job. A week later and he’s got his contract extended which means his job is no longer under threat. PSG have forced themselves to keep him another season if they were even considering sacking him.

So I’d say this has actually turned out really well for Poch. He should have enough time to see another season at PSG unless something unexpected happens. I’m really curious if Poch really wanted to come back at Tottenham or it was just noise to get PSG to act.

If we’re not negotiating with Conte I really don’t see the point of waiting out on the appointment since the other option would be ten Hag.

I’m also trying to figure how Levy can sneak past these rumours without another hit on his reputation. At the end of the season most people were really content with one of Potter or Ten Hag, now the former seems unlikely and the latter has become an underwhelming option to most of the fans. So if he’s going to get Conte, his open letter to the fans about DNA, attacking football will become a fart in the wind as Conte is possibly a manager who doesn’t apply these principles, but if he gets ten Hag most fans will jump on him because he’s hired the least appealing manager out of the big 3.
Thing is does Levy really care about his reputation?

The Tea Lady has spoken:
Reasons:- She has overheard a critical conversation and she has been asked to order some very special Argentinian Herbal Tea.
We should recruit that octopus 🐙 they had at previous WC which correctly selected results or just listen to Hercules

Go figure

The Tea Lady has spoken:
I'm calling bullshit on this one.

No mention of lemons, let alone lemon tea.

Ajax played Bayern, Real and Juventus in the Champions League that season and they absolutely spanked all three of them.
They weren’t lucky or fluke victories either, they quite literally played them off the park. This is why comparisons to de Boer are so lazy. His teams were hopeless in Europe. The whipping boys of the group.

And of that team ten Hag has lost Onana, De Ligt, Schone, van de Beek, Ziyech, De Jong, quite literally the spine of the team ripped apart and yet they are STILL competitive (very unlucky to be knocked out in the group stages)

The guy is clearly an insane coach. I genuinely think we will regret it for years to come if we don’t appoint him now, because it’s only a matter of time before a really really big club get their hands on him.
This is why I'd be happy to be "disappointed" if it's ETH. He was my clear #2 after Nagelsmann, and as I've said before he represents the sort of hire we should be going after at this point.

He comes back if we pay the money but if we pay £20 million then that’s £20 million we have less to spend on players.
That's one Sissoko or 5 Winks......

Figure It Out What GIF by CBC

Back
Top Bottom