Historic Spurs brainfarts

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought this was pretty obvious

NINTCHDBPICT000494447737-e1562594097537.jpg
Trippier and Sissoko in the same pic is nightmare fuel.

Jol being sacked for Ramos
AVB
Letting Berba and Keane go and having Frazer fucking Campbell in
Not forcing Sol to go when his contract was low
Same for Eriksen
Sissoko instead of Kante
Playing Vorm in latter stages of cups
Playing Kane when he wasn't fit
Playing a squad of players with the trots instead of lesser ones without the trots
Armstrong for Klinsman
Lamela for Bale
Giving Lamela, Winks and Dier new contracts
Gross.
Letting Carrick go when he would have stayed.

I'll have a think about on pitch brain farts

I was in the front row of Fulham fans at Craven Cottage when Gomes did that flap.
I can't remember if I was behind him at the time or if it was at the other end.

Repressed memories probably

All the above, plus selling Waddle just after signing Lineker - like buying the best snooker cue, then selling the table!!
How good was Waddle in 88-89 ? The man in no way looked healthy, ran like he couldn’t run, had a hair cut to shame his parents and yet that season & generally he was absolutely brilliant.

A few of us were so upset he was sold that we crowded around our home phone and rang the club up. I remember saying “we are calling to discuss the Waddle transfer” and some Secretary transferred us through to some fella ! As soon as he said “hello, so and so speaking” the phone went crashing down in panic.

Last edited:
How good was Waddle in 87-88 ? The man in no way looked healthy, ran like he couldn’t run, had a hair cut to shame his parents and yet that season & generally he was absolutely brilliant.

A few of us were so upset he was sold that we crowded around our home phone and rang the club up. I remember saying “we are calling to discuss the Waddle transfer” and some Secretary transferred us through to some fella ! As soon as he said “hello, so and so speaking” the phone went crashing down in panic.
So typical of us - sometimes a player takes a while to settle then when he comes good, he's off!

Back
Top Bottom