Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

DoF is always a good thing, especially when Levy's running the club.

Better than Hitchen anyway.
Probably not. Because Levy is a micro manager with OCD so it matters not who you have. It still ends up as Levy wants.

Pleat, Arnsen, Comolli, Baldini, Mitchell, Hitchins. That’s whom I can remember as Dof (or something similar). Levy out.

Paratici is a natural replacement for Baldini, someone to help deals get done, someone with contacts, move unwanted players out and bring new ones in. Pretty simple really.

Probably not. Because Levy is a micro manager with OCD so it matters not who you have. It still ends up as Levy wants.

Pleat, Arnsen, Comolli, Baldini, Mitchell, Hitchins. That’s whom I can remember as Dof (or something similar). Levy out.
Yeah, but like Paratici wasn't the one, who started Juventus domination in Serie A?

Ok, Paul Mitchell nowadays is really a good DoF, but Baldini, frankly, was nothing special.

Levy’s bringing in Paratici so that he can have someone to blame and sack, instead of himself, when the next manager fails :levystare:

Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Last edited:
Paratici is a natural replacement for Baldini, someone to help deals get done, someone with contacts, move unwanted players out and bring new ones in. Pretty simple really.
I agree, and said this earlier on TFC. Paratici has been given the Baldini fixer role, not a genuine DoF one.

With Baldini, we knew we were selling Bale and wanted to buy as many lottery tickets as possible in the hope one or two would come good. Yes, I'm looking at you Christian Eriksen.

Baldini was there to do the leg work on multiple deals and, whatever we think of the "Magnificent Seven", he did help get the deals done.

But there's nothing I'm seeing in Paratici's CV that makes him a good fit for a true DoF position at Spurs.

Yes, Paratici managed to pay Raiola enough to get de Ligt to Juve. But Levy & ENIC are not going to pay Raiola's "special" fees, and I do not want my club dealing with the parasite who moves "his" players every couple of years whenever he wants another payday.

Yes, Paratici can pay ludicrous salaries & inflated agent fees to sign free agents like the perma-crocked Ramsey. But those are not the type of signings we need.

We need a DoF who can identify the Berbatovs & Modrics & Bales & Sons BEFORE they become big names. Campos & Monchi can do this. There's no evidence that Paratici can.

I agree, and said this earlier on TFC. Paratici has been given the Baldini fixer role, not a genuine DoF one.

With Baldini, we knew we were selling Bale and wanted to buy as many lottery tickets as possible in the hope one or two would come good. Yes, I'm looking at you Christian Eriksen.

Baldini was there to do the leg work on multiple deals and, whatever we think of the "Magnificent Seven", he did help get the deals done.

But there's nothing I'm seeing in Paratici's CV that makes him a good fit for a true DoF position at Spurs.

Yes, Paratici managed to pay Raiola enough to get de Ligt to Juve. But Levy & ENIC are not going to pay Raiola's "special" fees, and I do not want my club dealing with the parasite who moves "his" players every couple of years whenever he wants another payday.

Yes, Paratici can pay ludicrous salaries & inflated agent fees to sign free agents like the perma-crocked Ramsey. But those are not the type of signings we need.

We need a DoF who can identify the Berbatovs & Modrics & Bales & Sons BEFORE they become big names. Campos & Monchi can do this. There's no evidence that Paratici can.

If and only if our scouts do the targets and this guy just does the arse kissing and smoothing over to get the buys and sells across the line he may prove to be of some use. With Levy I can’t imagine him being a proper DoF, Levy won’t give up that control.

If and only if our scouts do the targets and this guy just does the arse kissing and smoothing over to get the buys and sells across the line he may prove to be of some use. With Levy I can’t imagine him being a proper DoF, Levy won’t give up that control.
Unfortunately this is a huge flaw in your otherwise good master plan.

Is it too late to say Sarri?
No.
But I say "Fuck Sarri".
Frankly, if we're going Italian, I'd rather have Pirlo. He was massively hampered by having the Ageing Icon Formerly Known As CR7 preventing any meaningful tactical & team philosophy at Juve.
As a player, Pirlo understood possession football to open up opposing teams brilliantly. As a coach, with younger, hungrier, players you would have to hope he could teach some of this.
I'm confident he would get the best out of players like GLC and Ndombele.

No.
But I say "Fuck Sarri".
Frankly, if we're going Italian, I'd rather have Pirlo. He was massively hampered by having the Ageing Icon Formerly Known As CR7.
As a player, Pirlo understood possession football to open up opposing teams brilliantly. As a coach, with younger, hungrier, players you would have to hope he could teach some of this.
Pirlo was an absolute disaster. He was basically Italian mason for them this season. I’d rather get Sarri a thousand times. But far from ideal. Gasperini it would be fun.

No.
But I say "Fuck Sarri".
Frankly, if we're going Italian, I'd rather have Pirlo. He was massively hampered by having the Ageing Icon Formerly Known As CR7 preventing any meaningful tactical & team philosophy at Juve.
As much as I loved Pirlo as a player, I think he is not cut out to be a football manager and he will slowly drift into some other job or business. It's very rare that a great attacking footballer becomes a great manager

I'll go further with the Paratici is Baldini Mk2 analogy.
We hired Baldini because we knew we selling our biggest asset (Bale) for a huge transfer fee, and wanted to buy as many lottery tickets at the best price possible.
I suspect that until Conte entered the frame, we were resigned to selling Kane, so Levy was planning on deploying the same strategy as with Bale.
So, he would hire Paratici as a fixer to do all that boring wining & dining agents & trying to knock down their requests for huge fees, and then Don Levy could come in at the finale to either rubberstamp the transfer or fuck it up.
Since it now seems more likely than not that Kane will leave this summer, Paratici can become Baldini for the summer & enjoy some of the finest cuisine Europe has to offer as he schmoozes agents across the continent.
But I refuse to believe he's a proper DoF.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom