Steve Hitchen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

HITCHENS IN OR OUT?

• Total voters

I mean where do you even start with this?

God am I sick of people who are terrible being described as a "popular figure at the club".

This also seems to make clear that Hitchen is one of Gold's sources.
There is a culture of mediocrity deeply embedded within this club

I want to give Hitchen a break - if what Ally Gold has reported is true then he wrote a managerial shortlist that fit our profile only for Levy to simultaneously appoint a DoF over his head (allegedly didn't know it was going to happen) and suddenly and in embarrassing fashion pursue Conte who absolutely didn't fit that list of targets.

Then Levy turns around and acts shocked that Conte was apparently completely wrong for the job.

In my opinion Levy must be thrilled that Spurs fans online meme the "I hate it" line taken out of context from the documentary and that Hitchen has become the target of ire. I guarantee everything that has gone tits up is down to Levy, not him.
Hitchen's job is not just drawing up lists of suitable managers (or players), he has to be able to convince Levy and the rest of the board. I.e back up his choices with clear arguments, data etc. If he's worth his corn, surely he should have a footballing vision for the club and be able to sell that to Levy? It seems like he's failing to do that.

I want to give Hitchen a break - if what Ally Gold has reported is true then he wrote a managerial shortlist that fit our profile only for Levy to simultaneously appoint a DoF over his head (allegedly didn't know it was going to happen) and suddenly and in embarrassing fashion pursue Conte who absolutely didn't fit that list of targets.

Then Levy turns around and acts shocked that Conte was apparently completely wrong for the job.

In my opinion Levy must be thrilled that Spurs fans online meme the "I hate it" line taken out of context from the documentary and that Hitchen has become the target of ire. I guarantee everything that has gone tits up is down to Levy, not him.
I have it first hand that Hitchen was brought in last minute to deliver the justification to Jose. Levy sacked him and chucked Hitchen under the bus to explain ehy

Hitchen's job is not just drawing up lists of suitable managers (or players), he has to be able to convince Levy and the rest of the board. I.e back up his choices with clear arguments, data etc. If he's worth his corn, surely he should have a footballing vision for the club and be able to sell that to Levy? It seems like he's failing to do that.
I dunno, I feel like that in itself could be like blaming James McAvoy's character in The Last King of Scotland for not convincing Idi Amin not to kill people.

At least from the outside it looks to me like Levy does what the fuck he wants and won't listen to those with better footballing brains when he has a fixation in his head. See: the moronic decision to hire Mourinho because he'd always wanted him.

giphy.gif

I dunno, I feel like that in itself could be like blaming James McAvoy's character in The Last King of Scotland for not convincing Idi Amin not to kill people.

At least from the outside it looks to me like Levy does what the fuck he wants and won't listen to those with better footballing brains when he has a fixation in his head. See: the moronic decision to hire Mourinho because he'd always wanted him.

giphy.gif
Precisely.
Or his manifesto promise to hire a coach to restore attacking football & develop young players.
And then a mancrush on Loco Conte for a week completely ignoring said manifesto.

If you look at the shit he’s bought you have to think he’s a clueless cunt.

Then you look at the cunt in charge and you think how is he ever going to be a success?

Then you think “I would be happier if they folded the cunt club and I took up something healthier on my weekends, like Chem-sex dogging”

then you have ANOTHER drink and wonder whether dying hurts.

happy Sunday guys

Last edited:

giphy.gif

Hitchen made his name as a scout, but maybe lacks the boardroom skills needed in his current post. That's all. The fact Levy is ignoring his advice suggests he doesn't have too much respect for the man.

Yes, that reflects on Levy's arrogance, which is unquestionable, but I have to hope there's a DoF out there who could bend his ear a bit more effectively than Hitchen.

Here's hoping that's Paritici. Ultimately if there's no-one who Levy will listen to about football then we really are screwed.

Decisions on transfers are down to 3 people. Manager which as vacant means remaining 2 people, Hitchen & Levy. Neither have a good track record in picking the right players.

if he is back at scouting players god help us

His scouting is not the problem. We have looked at many good players and bid for many good players while he has been here. The problem has been Levy’s unwillingness to spend and twattish behaviour. Was it Hitchen’s fault that Levy would only offer £3m plus Onomah for Grealish? Or that we should refuse to pay the £5m extra for Bruno Fernandes and get Gio for less with some contorted loan to buy deal?

Identifying players has not been our problem. Paying the money has been our problem.

His scouting is not the problem. We have looked at many good players and bid for many good players while he has been here. The problem has been Levy’s unwillingness to spend and twattish behaviour. Was it Hitchen’s fault that Levy would only offer £3m plus Onomah for Grealish? Or that we should refuse to pay the £5m extra for Bruno Fernandes and get Gio for less with some contorted loan to buy deal?

Identifying players has not been our problem. Paying the money has been our problem.
We spent a fair amount in the last 2 years though, just spent it badly. Buys like Ndombele, Bergwijn aren't a great ad for Hitchen.

If he saw the potential of Bruno and Grealish why couldn't he convince Levy? I think most likely he wasn't completely sure himself.

Back
Top Bottom