Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
What im reading conte deal isnt dead. New DOF due to arrive this week. Meanwhile tony adams has told the world again he used to be a drunk. 30 years that story has had mileage. Kind of thing you dont tell the world once let alone over 30 years. Bore off tony like your football team.

What does that have to do with anything? And how you can disagree with something that is factual, like the xG table I posted, is beyond me.

But hey, if it makes you less miserable, I won't stop you.
I disagree with rating Potter and posting that shitty table that by some statistical delusion puts Brighton as the 5th best team in the League....it's usually done by the most clueless of the trans-Atlantic fans, hence why I asked.

This is Potter's Brighton. Their position doesn't even come close to reflecting where they should have finished. Easily outperformed us and everyone else outside the top 4 and with less quality players on top of that. (tweet is mine - couldn't paste a @&%$#! image in the message box)

Fuck off with that. If we hadn’t loss so many leads we’d have been 3rd. Does that make you feel good? If so Potter will be perfect for you. Clear out space for the Almost Cup!

This is Potter's Brighton. Their position doesn't even come close to reflecting where they should have finished. Easily outperformed us and everyone else outside the top 4 and with less quality players on top of that. (tweet is mine - couldn't paste a @&%$#! image in the message box)

5th highest xGoalsTheyShouldHaveScoredButDidnt...

I'm in

I disagree with rating Potter and posting that shitty table that by some statistical delusion puts Brighton as the 5th best team in the League....it's usually done by the most clueless of the trans-Atlantic fans, hence why I asked.
Oh so sorry. How could we transatlantic fans ever deign to know anything about football? You're right. We really are clueless because we were born in the wrong country (and by the way, that's where I live, not where I'm from, but figuring that out would probably require you to actually think)

Got pretty far in life with your pidgeon-holing generalizations, have you?

I mean I mainly agree with everyone who has big questions about Potter.

But, at this point, if Conte is done and possibly ETH has had enough with the back and forth, who is a realistic and better option?

I mean... Benitez? I'd rather take a chance that Potter can put it together with a bit better talent

Martinez? Southgate? Klinsmann? Come on.

Oh so sorry. How could we transatlantic fans ever deign to know anything about football? You're right. We really are clueless because we were born in the wrong country (and by the way, that's where I live, not where I'm from, but figuring that out would probably require you to actually think)

Got pretty far in life with your pidgeon-holing generalizations, have you?
Far enough to recognise a load of shite Statto.

The only 2 things that matter are points on the board and position in the table.

Playing pretty football and missing a lot is meh.
Until he actually does well in England then what's the point in him?

We look at Mourinho with distain but it appears he actually DID help Kane go up yet another notch.
Meanwhile XPotter can't seem to coach his strikers to tap a ball in from 6 yards from all the chances they create.
Maybe he's not very good at coaching forwards.

The best player many Spurs fans today have ever seen is about to kick off and leave because of a lack of ambition.
Appointing a coach who has had 2 jobs in England and done NO BETTER than person he replaced is not a sign of ambition.

Maybe their fabled XG count is so high because he's instructed his players not to take chances from range, not to try anything audacious and to only shoot when there's a higher probability of hitting the target.
Maybe that inflates the Xg compared to other teams who score a lot more because they have a crack more often.

You could just as well argue that Klopp, Pep or Tuchel would have got them into the ECL?

The final league table does indeed tell the actual true story, the PL doesn't adjust sides positions based on x, g, or any factor just points for wins and draws.

Could'a would'a should'a makes zero difference.

Back
Top Bottom