Paulo Fonseca (Poll Added)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you feel about this appointment

• Like it.

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 90 22.1%
  • Wait and see.

Votes: 217 53.2%
  • I quit.

Votes: 79 19.4%

• Total voters
I suppose the argument here is, and there's a little bit of devils advocate here, is that different managers work better or worse under different conditions. We forget these are human beings and it's important they are given the correct tools to do the job they are brought in to do. Oftentimes the overall plan and structure of any organisation, if implemented correctly, is more important than the individuals involved.

There is no question the likes of Guardiola, Klopp, Conte etc could walk into any Club and do a half decent job but without the proper structure and backing in place they are severely limited to what they can do. Poch was never going to win the League with Southampton and certainly not with us without further backing. This why I'm torn as I always felt it was more important to get the structure of the footballing side right first and the manager is effectively 2nd to that. It appears that structure has indeed somewhat changed. So if Paratici wants him then I'm happy for Fonseca to be the next manager provided the proper backing is there and there is a coherent plan. I'm not doing somersaults around the room mind.

We'll see. If it's him, he has my backing.
I agree with you
But you talk belong structure
In the end it's only the spending power of these clubs

Honestly, the thing I like most about this is that Spurs fans hate it. Most stuff Spurs fans love turns out to be a horrible failure, so the fact people hate this is a positive.

Is levy supposed to be an intelligent man? Surely the new DofF who isn’t even an employee of the club gets suggest a name surely the board should question his reasoning not just blindly go along with it. After going quality managers such as nag, ten, conte, poch, Brenda even potter can be added to the list surely levy and the board must think that this guy is nowhere the levels of these other candidates we have been considering?
Out of all the managers out there this DOF comes up with the guy who just finished 7th has had more clubs than jack nickulas and happens to be from Italy. Does he know of any other European football. Surely he should have come up with at least a list of potential candidates which the board could have considered and interview? Instead we go straight for what seems like his one and only choice. What about the Atalanta manager was he not deemed a possibility by the DOF?
Do they share the same agent? I hope we are not intertwined with that Portuguese agent as well.
this DOF guy is already worrying me. Also the board just going hook line and sinker for this one recommendation without looking at his record is worrying.
id rather Harry come in. There must be a ton of managers better than this guy. Absolute shocking decision regardless of success or not. We should have just gone all out for either ten, poch or conte. Although on the later we don’t know the full details.

This is a punch in the balls. But if this gets done fast and I see some fucking ruthless culling of dead weights and some decent recruitments coming in...they'll quickly go up in my estimation. Then we'll see what happens on the pitch

Keeping mourinho would have been a better option than this.

bringing back sherwood or AVB would be a better option than this.

literally just appointed a journeyman manager with no epl experience. Just another business suit

I think we're only doing this to make the Europa Conference League more interesting...

Jose's Roma vs. Fonseca's Spurs in the Final anyone??

We've got Fonseca
Paulo Fonseca
I just don't think you understand
He's coming over here
With his wonky f***ing ear
We've got Paulo Fonseca

I wonder what this mob was saying
when Pochettino was hired from Southampton? Same tune as this?

I'm just happy that it seems that we are getting a new coach that plays attractive football. We wouldn't win any titles next year with Conte, Pep or Klopp either. So looking forward to watching Spurs games will be something that I'm looking forward to.

Everybody also is pointing at Levy. I'm pretty sure this is the new DoFs appointment.

I regret the last hour of my life reading all the melts bullshit on here.

Back
Top Bottom