EURO 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My wall chart is up , sorted my fantasy team & snacks & beer are in
Really happy that some of the other home nations are there.
I’m just going to enjoy it for a football fiesta
I'll be rooting for Scotland and Wales as well (except when they play us)!

Sunday the weather is supposed to be glorious so that should help!

Kane, Grealish and Foden would walk into any other side at the tournament Inc France and we have some really fine full-backs.

The rest of the side may not be quite so strong but to win it they don't need to be. We've seen it before, proper sides that are hard to beat but have a goal threat go all the way. I'm really hoping it's our turn and we can finally end 55 years of 'hurt'.

No need to feel inferior imo, we have some very good players and shouldn't fear anyone.

Come on England.

Good luck to Wales and Scotland (apart from the 18th!) as well.

I'll be rooting for Scotland and Wales as well (except when they play us)!

Sunday the weather is supposed to be glorious so that should help!
I always find that peculiar....the 'ill be rooting for Scotland and wales' comment. I'm as English and British as the next person but I have total apathy towards the other home nations: not hatred, I just am not bothered what the other nations do.
It's like saying, I'm a spurs fan but I'll be rooting for Burnley and Newcastle....only time I ever care about another team is, if by getting a certain result, it benefits us.

Not having a go just find your pov intriguing.

I always find that peculiar....the 'ill be rooting for Scotland and wales' comment. I'm as English and British as the next person but I have total apathy towards the other home nations: not hatred, I just am not bothered what the other nations do.
It's like saying, I'm a spurs fan but I'll be rooting for Burnley and Newcastle....only time I ever care about another team is, if by getting a certain result, it benefits us.

Not having a go just find your pov intriguing.
Well I suppose its just natural affinity for who you deem to be closest to you.

We are separate countries within the United Kingdom but I'd like to think that we'd have each other's backs (despite all the 'who hates who the most' ). And I get that no one likes England but I think that's more about 'England the institution/government' rather than the people of England/Scotland/NI/Wales.

No one separates out Scotland, England, Wales, NI etc at the Olympics and I think that's great so it would be even weirder not to at least support the home teams.

Despite one person talking nonsense in this thread that seems to be obsessed with silky midfielders, England actually have a more than decent midfield that matches up to most. Rice, Bellingham and Mount are an excellent trio, and will all only get better. Though Henderson or Phillips will likely start ahead of Bellingham knowing Southgate.

Kane, Grealish and Foden would walk into any other side at the tournament Inc France and we have some really fine full-backs.

The rest of the side may not be quite so strong but to win it they don't need to be. We've seen it before, proper sides that are hard to beat but have a goal threat go all the way. I'm really hoping it's our turn and we can finally end 55 years of 'hurt'.

No need to feel inferior imo, we have some very good players and shouldn't fear anyone.

Come on England.

Good luck to Wales and Scotland (apart from the 18th!) as well.
France have a front 3 of Mbappe/Benzema/Griezmann. Which one do you drop for Grealish or Foden?

Behind the front 3 they play Pogba as the most attacking of a midfield 3. Do you drop Pogba for either Grealish or Foden?

France have a front 3 of Mbappe/Benzema/Griezmann. Which one do you drop for Grealish or Foden?

Behind the front 3 they play Pogba as the most attacking of a midfield 3. Do you drop Pogba for either Grealish or Foden?

I'd take both over Pogba myself. Or at least the Pogba that turns up for United. Massively over-rated cunt.

Anyway bit the bullet and bought the new England shirt. Couldn't afford £70 for the official one so bought one from Wish.

england-shirt.png

Back
Top Bottom