Roll Call for Fans Never giving a Penny to ENIC again

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No offence taken.

It's a subject that a lot of people rightly have strong feelings about. I've got no issues with people feeling differently, but that's just my opinion on the matter.

I don't feel anywhere near as good about supporting Spurs now as I did 2-5 years ago, and I'm probably spending less time reading about Spurs, listening to Spurs podcasts, and generally thinking about Spurs now than I have in a long time. My enthusiasm is really low right now because of the way things are, but to outright boycott is something I personally feel is too strong, especially when you look at the shit most football fans have to deal with.

We've had moments like this before, when things went sour under AVB, we ended up with Sherwood, and it was impossible to imagine how things would turn around. The fact that things improved vastly from there gives me the hope, no matter how naively, that Levy can pull it out the bag again. Obviously he fucked up with bringing Mourinho in, but it absolutely makes sense that he saw things were so bad he had to do something and saw this huge superstar was available and was interested. While stupid, it's not hard to see how he was blinded by that opportunity being too good to pass up. The club was making a lot of progress before that, so no reason why that can't be the case again.

I agree with you to an extent on the turnaround after things went wrong with AVB but that is because Levy won the Lottery and appointed Poch. Poch then identified and got rid of the trouble makers. It would have been easier to maintain where we were and put a plan in place involving Poch when finished 2nd but we decided to have one of a number transfer windows where we chased targets of opportunity.

The fact Leicester have a plan is why the overtook us look at Maguire they had a replacement plan in place and used the 80m to rebuild. If we are not careful we will never overtake Leicester again

I agree with you to an extent on the turnaround after things went wrong with AVB but that is because Levy won the Lottery and appointed Poch. Poch then identified and got rid of the trouble makers. It would have been easier to maintain where we were and put a plan in place involving Poch when finished 2nd but we decided to have one of a number transfer windows where we chased targets of opportunity.

The fact Leicester have a plan is why the overtook us look at Maguire they had a replacement plan in place and used the 80m to rebuild. If we are not careful we will never overtake Leicester again
I think Leicester are the living proof of capitising on a good thing. Win the league, bring in CL money and invest in very well scouted players. Bring in a quality manager, promote the right youth. They have consolidated as by far the best of the regional clubs (i.e. Not the big 6).

I think long term they have probably hit a ceiling, they're simply not a big enough club to compete with the Manchesters and Chelsea long term (notwithstanding a lottery win) . But just imagine if we were managed as well as Leicester.

I made the decision early this year that I will actively make sure I do not contribute to Enic again. No sky or bt subscription, no ticket sales no merchandise. Nothing official related to Enic will be purchased and I’ve told friends and family I want no more branded goods from them.

It‘s not going to make an impact on Teflon Dan but it will make me feel cleaner. It also means my children won’t get the match day experience at WHL and if it means they end up supporting Manu or Liverpool when they get older so be it. Obviously they won’t be scum fans.

The amount of money I’ve spent supporting Spurs would probably pay one day of Kanes wages so I get this is a token gesture but tokens do add up.

I will enjoy going to my local non league team for live football and watching Spurs in a pub or on a free dodgy stream.

If we start this season with a wet yes man and the majority of deadwood at the club, I'll make my last season as a season ticket holder.

Last edited:
Have decided myself I won’t be investing anymore under ENIC and Levy. I think more and more fans are starting to turn. I wanted to give them this summer to see if they could draft in a manager of quality, but once again we are a shambles. Not good enough.

Have decided myself I won’t be investing anymore under ENIC and Levy. I think more and more fans are starting to turn. I wanted to give them this summer to see if they could draft in a manager of quality, but once again we are a shambles. Not good enough.
I haven't given them a penny since they failed to back Poch in back to back windows, that's when the penny finally dropped for me that they didn't give a shit about this football club other than to make profit.

And I was proven right.

I don't know, man, I may not be able to resist the 3rd kit this year :kanehand:

Screen_Shot_2021_05_11_at_10.09.26_AM.png
If this is real - someone must go to jail

I haven't given them a penny since they failed to back Poch in back to back windows, that's when the penny finally dropped for me that they didn't give a shit about this football club other than to make profit.

And I was proven right.
I'm with you brother. That was the point I relinquished my membership.

Difficult decision, but the right one. And although I went to a few random matches under Jose, I've now decided enough is enough..

I cannot stomach the thought of feeding these scummy rats one more penny of my hard earned cash.

So blamed for the bad decisions, "won the lottery" on the good decisions.

Agree on Leicester though, but I think it's been easier to implement at a club with their previous ambition and standing within the game than it would've been with us.

Sorry to disappoint
No worries, it's only because you said there were loads that wouldn't to counter my point that most fans would prefer Levy to whoever they've got.

I know it doesn't necessarily mean much because of who they have currently, but plenty of people connected to Man Utd have expressed how they wish they had Levy, and it doesn't get much bigger than that club.

To be honest, I get why people feel like this about him and Enic, and making a stand rather than just moaning is admirable to a point. I take back a lot of the dismissive sentiment of my original post, even if I don't agree entirely.

I think a more pertinent question is list the chairmen who aren't better than Levy. Why would any club swap their chairman for Levy? What's he actually good at from a 'running a football club' perspective?

People seem to laud the fact that he's a cunt to deal with, but that just results in us saving 500k on the odd deal here and there, while we miss out on all of our top targets because we piss the selling clubs off too much by low balling them. And then they refuse to deal with us in the future. Plus when we do bring anyone in its usually 4 weeks after the season's started, they have no preseason to gel with the rest of the squad, and by that time we've already dropped so many points that we're playing catch up.

Back
Top Bottom