Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One of those players who had a roller coaster career. I loved and disliked him in equal measure. But the final interview made me quite sad that it ended on a sour note. I will remember the good times, he deserves that and I hope he can have a happy life.
I understand what you say but at that pay and he was given every oportunity he should behave and talk like a company man.

Wrong. That is not necessarily a fault.

Danny's biggest mistake was giving an "interview" to the filthiest shitcunt rag known to Brits. And not only that, but taking their dirty money to let them destabilise our club on the eve of a premier league season.

CAN NOT FORGIVE.

Not wanting to try to belittle you, but if you were immersed in the culture on this side of the Atlantic you would have more of a feel as to why what he did was SO bad.
That’s fair.

However, I think the club is as to blame for the destabilization as any paper.

they needed signings. everyone knew it. And they did nothing. That’s why we need a painful rebuild now, and that’s what rose and poch complained about. IMO anyway. There’s nobody “innocent” in all of this.

That’s fair.

However, I think the club is as to blame for the destabilization as any paper.

they needed signings. everyone knew it. And they did nothing. That’s why we need a painful rebuild now, and that’s what rose and poch complained about. IMO anyway. There’s nobody “innocent” in all of this.
I would agree. I've been a supporter or at least not a detractor of Levy. But he's made some very poor decisions of late which have turned me off no end.

I still can't forgive Danny though.

We are all just suckers here. What other line of work can you run around your mouth and not get fired?
I did advice early on he needed mental help.

Danny's biggest mistake was giving an "interview" to the filthiest shitcunt rag known to Brits. And not only that, but taking their dirty money to let them destabilise our club on the eve of a premier league season.

CAN NOT FORGIVE.

Not wanting to try to belittle you, but if you were immersed in the culture on this side of the Atlantic you would have more of a feel as to why what he did was SO bad.
If Danny Rose had given that interview today he'd be aplauded by the majority on here for speaking his mind and exposing the owners for their blatant lack of ambition.

Unfortunately, at the time, the majority were so far up Levy's arse they failed to see the bigger picture and any criticism of him, even from the fans, let alone the players, was met with howells of ridicule and derision.

If more of us had supported Danny at the time, maybe we wouldn't be in the mess we're in today.

CAN NOT FORGIVE.

I could put up with Danny spouting off although did not like it but it meant that when his performance fell off he got no sympathy and was doomed from then.

If Danny Rose had given that interview today he'd be aplauded by the majority on here for speaking his mind and exposing the owners for their blatant lack of ambition.

Unfortunately, at the time, the majority were so far up Levy's arse they failed to see the bigger picture and any criticism of him, even from the fans, let alone the players, was met with howells of ridicule and derision.

If more of us had supported Danny at the time, maybe we wouldn't be in the mess we're in today.
I just think the way he went about it was the problem.

The fucking Sun.

If he'd written an open letter and posted it on Twitter or published it in The Times or whatever, then I maybe would have understood. But to take Murdochs scummy money in order to bite the hand that had made him a prince..... Nah. Fuck you Danny Rose.

And I think I'd feel the same today.

I just think the way he went about it was the problem.

The fucking Sun.

If he'd written an open letter and posted it on Twitter or published it in The Times or whatever, then I maybe would have understood. But to take Murdochs scummy money in order to bite the hand that had made him a prince..... Nah. Fuck you Danny Rose.

And I think I'd feel the same today.
I agree the Sun is a rag of the lowest order.

But if he'd have given the same interview to the Financial Times, Fox and Hound or Razzle the reaction on here would have been the same.

He questioned the clubs ambition. ENIC's ambition. And that was what people couldn't accept.

I agree the Sun is a rag of the lowest order.

But if he'd have given the same interview to the Financial Times, Fox and Hound or Razzle the reaction on here would have been the same.

He questioned the clubs ambition. ENIC's ambition. And that was what people couldn't accept.
There may well be an element of truth in that. But even if that is the case, I will never forgive him his antics.

And to rub salt into the wound, he has cost us another 6 or 7 million quid (wages and transfer fee) by thinking he was too good for Watford 2 years ago, only to crawl there now he realises that is actually his level.

I do understand the forcefulness of your aversion to ENIC/Levy, but do you seriously back Rose in his actions over the last 2 years?

Apparently joining Watford...

Honestly a bit surprised he didn't hang them up but if he can still cash checks I get it. He's really nowhere near PL standard anymore and I'll be shocked if he plays a significant role for them next season.
Winks to follow I hope

There may well be an element of truth in that. But even if that is the case, I will never forgive him his antics.

And to rub salt into the wound, he has cost us another 6 or 7 million quid (wages and transfer fee) by thinking he was too good for Watford 2 years ago, only to crawl there now he realises that is actually his level.

I do understand the forcefulness of your aversion to ENIC/Levy, but do you seriously back Rose in his actions over the last 2 years?
How much did Poch cost us after he’d been sacked before he went to PSG?

Especially given the Club’s financial position with staff getting furloughed

Danny could have handled it better yes but he does have mental health issues
Poch doesn’t!

How much did Poch cost us after he’d been sacked before he went to PSG?

Especially given the Club’s financial position with staff getting furloughed

Danny could have handled it better yes but he does have mental health issues
Poch doesn’t!
I'm not sure I understand the comparison?

Poch was sacked. Danny ran his mouth to a filth infested sewer publication then refused to be sold.

Both had a contract that had to be honoured. One had a choice in the way it played out. The other got fucked over.

I'm not sure I understand the comparison?

Poch was sacked. Danny ran his mouth to a filth infested sewer publication then refused to be sold.

Both had a contract that had to be honoured. One had a choice in the way it played out. The other got fucked over.

Poch gave up
He didn’t get ‘fucked over’ at all
No one forced him to sign that new contract!
He knew Levy well enough by then but sign it he did

I never want him back at our club as he is a fraud but I wish Danny all the best

Poch gave up

I never want him back at our club as he is a fraud but I wish Danny all the best
While I applaud your support of Danny, I'd like it to be known I respectfully disagree with your stance on Pochettino.

While I applaud your support of Danny, I'd like it to be known I respectfully disagree with your stance on Pochettino.
He’s an emotive subject I agree and tbf I left out his good bits but I don’t think we can go back and the new chap whoever he is should be supported and given a fair crack of the whip which Jose wasn’t imv

Poch gave up

Why bring a Poch debate into this? This is about Rose. Poch was sacked and left the club, him costing us money was part of the contract.

Rose had chances to leave the club when he knew he wouldn't play and decided to stay with the reserves and youth team to waste our wages.

It was his right to do so because of his contract but as a fan it is still annoying he did it. He should have left to Watford two years ago.

Why bring a Poch debate into this? This is about Rose. Poch was sacked and left the club, him costing us money was part of the contract.

Rose had chances to leave the club when he knew he wouldn't play and decided to stay with the reserves and youth team to waste our wages.

It was his right to do so because of his contract but as a fan it is still annoying he did it. He should have left to Watford two years ago.
To make a comparison about what Danny had cost the club with others who weren’t suffering from mental issues

We are all just suckers here. What other line of work can you run around your mouth and not get fired?
I did advice early on he needed mental help.
Literally any kind of work where you have a contract with your employer that allows it.

I don’t know how strong the unions are there, but you can also do it at just about any job in the states where you are protected by a union. That includes many government workers at the local, state, and federal levels.

Hundreds of millions of people complain about their job and their company literally every day. Nobody shoves a mic in their face and reports it in the media because nobody cares.

Fuck off Danny you mouthy twat. Thanks for nothing in the last 3 years.

I hope you are reading this.

ps. Good luck with your future career at Mansfield Town / Barnsley / similar
You're just not a very nice person, are you?
...and no, of COURSE he's not reading this you narcissist.... why would he?

I never understood the hate, everyone on this forum was saying the exact same thing. It must of been extremely difficult for Rose to see how close we were only for Levy to go cheap every time. Add to this him seeing Walker leave to success. At times Rose helped the team by showing the most fearless determination particularly in Europe. The timing and The Sun thing was his only mistake.

Back
Top Bottom