Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fraud cost us the Champions League final with his incompetence and he has the cheek to talk about how we as a club haven't won trophies?!

Get fucked, Sissoko you talentless cunt. If I were Levy I'd let him go for free, or, if no one wants him. Keep him on salary to take the bins out at the training ground.

What a fucking bellend.
Sorry but that handball was harsh in the final.

Sorry but that handball was harsh in the final.
Not at all. He had his hand stuck out away from his body, 20 seconds into the Champions League final pointing at fuck all and gave away a blatant penalty.

Unfortunate yeah. But definitely a penalty and one that could have been avoided if he had engaged his brain.

He is nowhere near as bad as some have said but I'll shed no tears if he leaves.

“This is my 5th year at the club and I have had some very good moments. Now, I am a person who does not close any doors. If a new challenge presents itself, we will see what I do. But today, I do not close any doors concerning my future, because as I said, it was a difficult year for me at the club. I also want to see what the club will decide. Maybe they will say to me: “Moussa, it is time to go elsewhere.” Or maybe they will say to me: “Moussa, we absolutely want you to stay.” In any case, I am open to all propositions today because I have experienced quite a difficult year. I want to play football. I am happiest when I am on the pitch. I will soon be 32 so I am closer to the end than the beginning of my career. What I want, is to continue to play, and enjoy myself. So I am not saying that I absolutely want to leave Tottenham. I feel good over there, I have had good moments and I feel good with the fans and my teammates, who I get on well with. We will speak with the club and we will take a decision at that moment.”

I want to play football. I am happiest when I am on the pitch.

Well... I understand that he is happiest on the pitch. Lights are bright. Lots of action going on AROUND him. All fair vibe and stuff.
But the first puzzles me. If he likes to play football, then... why doesn't he ? Why is that he just jogs around, points at areas and hides from the ball. So it does not go together well what we have been witnessing recently...

There was a season when this guy actually played well and put in a real shift. But he was shite when he first arrived and he's been shite for the last couple of seasons, totally anonymous this year. He needs to be gone this summer, pretty please

There was a season when this guy actually played well and put in a real shift. But he was shite when he first arrived and he's been shite for the last couple of seasons, totally anonymous this year. He needs to be gone this summer, pretty please

There wasnt, IMO.

There was a season where he got given the most base level job to do, and sometimes he did it adequately, and this was in such stark contrast to how terrible he had been to date it gave the impression of being a decent player.

Aurier was an absolute liability, and Sissoko dropped in to cover him. That was literally it. And he wasnt even that good at it. He was still a gaping void in midfield, offering nothing.

Not at all. He had his hand stuck out away from his body, 20 seconds into the Champions League final pointing at fuck all and gave away a blatant penalty.

Unfortunate yeah. But definitely a penalty and one that could have been avoided if he had engaged his brain.
It didn't hit his hand, it hit his armpit and came off his torso.
Been confirmed since it wouldn't be given again.

IE, it was harsh.

There wasnt, IMO.

There was a season where he got given the most base level job to do, and sometimes he did it adequately, and this was in such stark contrast to how terrible he had been to date it gave the impression of being a decent player.

Aurier was an absolute liability, and Sissoko dropped in to cover him. That was literally it. And he wasnt even that good at it. He was still a gaping void in midfield, offering nothing.
Just lately that’s true but in the season he played well he did offer something making strong runs out on f defence giving us a break and remember if it wasn’t for him breaking into Inter’s defence and crossing for Eriksen to score when we weren’t getting anywhere we wouldn’t have reached the final

But last couple of seasons he’s been very poor and I agree he should be first out of the door with Wanks and Dier closely followed by Doherty and Sanchez

I've always been a fan of Sissoko. He's past it now though and can't keep up in a PL game. He had some bright moments for us but the last two seasons have been awful.

I'm happy to see him go and hope he goes somewhere he will play often to finish his career.

I've always been a fan of Sissoko. He's past it now though and can't keep up in a PL game. He had some bright moments for us but the last two seasons have been awful.

I'm happy to see him go and hope he goes somewhere he will play often to finish his career.
I don’t think it will be Roma somehow!

Just lately that’s true but in the season he played well he did offer something making strong runs out on f defence giving us a break and remember if it wasn’t for him breaking into Inter’s defence and crossing for Eriksen to score when we weren’t getting anywhere we wouldn’t have reached the final

But last couple of seasons he’s been very poor and I agree he should be first out of the door with Wanks and Dier closely followed by Doherty and Sanchez
Honestly don't think there was a season he played well, only 'less bad'. Less bad from such an abjectly low base people saw it as actually being good.

It wasn't.

Those runs out of defence occasionally had value, but 99% of the time we're all flash and no bang. Great, he's brought the ball out of defence, broke the lines - but then does literally nothing with it leaving us back where we started 5 seconds after.

Similarly the famous covering for Aurier. Actually just not as successful at it as people like to think, and ultimately the one job he tried to diligently do. Literally his sole role, as a CM, being cover the RB? No chance that's a good performance

I would not describe myself as a fan but he certainly isn't the awful player that some claim he is. Didn't want to buy him in the first place and won't be sad when he leaves.

I would not describe myself as a fan but he certainly isn't the awful player that some claim he is. Didn't want to buy him in the first place and won't be sad when he leaves.
Not an awful player? He’s been beyond awful for every single season bar one outlier.

he was a big and strong player, a useful PL player if your club is in a relegation battle but the physicality is long gone and you now have a player that would look out of place in a mid table championship side. I would pay good money to watch him in training for the French side - must be hilarious

Seems like a lovely guy and I'll remember him with some affection. He genuinely pulled the stops out to keep us going when we first started to flounder, squeezing every inch out of his average talent and superb athleticism. But he isn't our future and I hope he can help Napoli out if they go for him.

Back
Top Bottom