England vs Croatia

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can see Negland getting good start. But we have to control the ball after, Rice and Phillips cannot compete with our midfielders. I just hope that Athletic lineup is correct.

Seeing Grealish out made my day 😂

I think you haven't see Rice play this season for West Ham. He's been outstanding. I have no worries about him being able to compete whatsoever.

Sterling

Why is it? England have home advantage and a better attack. The last few games have finished 1-2 after extra-time, 2-1 and 0-0. England have every right to believe they can win this game while also knowing they'll have to play extremely well to do so. People act as if Croatia blew England away in the World Cup, which is far from the truth.

I'm not talking about this game alone. A lot of the young guys in interviews have been saying the team is good enough to win the whole thing. I'm sceptical. Blow Croatia away today and i'll change my tune.

I'm not talking about this game alone. A lot of the young guys in interviews have been saying the team is good enough to win the whole thing. I'm sceptical. Blow Croatia away today and i'll change my tune.

Ah, fair enough.

Can England win it? Yeah, they can. But they would need a lot of luck, for Southgate to get things right and for our best players to play to the best of their ability. I think we have as much chance as teams like Netherlands and Italy. I'd be happy with another Semi though which would prove that the World Cup in 2018 wasn't just lucky.

I ment as keeping the posession. I feel we can take the posession if Rice and Phillips are the two in midfield.

Yeah, not gonna argue with that. No matter who we play in midfield we're not going to be able to out-pass you, that's for sure. That's why I keep saying we need to focus on the things we have more than your guys, which is pace and legs. For me playing both Rice and Phillips is just showing too much respect and not playing to our strengths.

I also want to join the Trippier at left back outrage. I don’t think he’s better in attack or defence to Shaw/Chilwell. Southgate appears to have a hard time moving on from his World Cup performers. Pickford starting is expected but he’s worse than Rob Green.

If we're concerned about the defense in light of McGuire's absence, then I'll suffer two DMs as long as it allows us to unleash the FBs(*) to get forward, but yeh, picking Trippier ahead of Shaw/Chillwell would be fuckery of the stupidest order!

(*That said, I'd rather 352 at that point with a MF of Mount/Rice/Grealish and Harry+Foden up top if that is the case.)

Last edited:
Even Southgate wouldn't be stupid enough to drop Chilwell and Shaw just because Trippier can take a set piece.
I think he’s trying to condense the pitch so they have less space to play. Awful, negative tactics - I despise right footed players at left back

I think he’s trying to condense the pitch so they have less space to play. Awful, negative tactics - I despise right footed players at left back

Has it actually been confirmed yet? I just don't see it. If we lose this game, Southgate must surely know dropping two top class, in-form left backs to play Trippier there will leave him ready to be hung by his nutsack.

Has it actually been confirmed yet? I just don't see it. If we lose this game, Southgate must surely know dropping two top class, in-form left backs to play Trippier there will leave him ready to be hung by his nutsack.
By the Athletic., not official

not just that, it’s dropping Grealish, playing Mings and two DM’szzz

Back
Top Bottom