England vs Croatia

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It wasn't rip snorting stuff, was pretty passive second half, against a Croatia team that's not in it's prime, but still a decent England tournament performance, which doesn't happen often, . Would still like to see more from midfield, 433 next time for me, maybe moving Mount back as an 8, or bringing Bellingham in.

I maybe wouldn't have started him but I thought Sterling was probably the MOTM, apart from the goal, he worked his nuts off without the ball, a lot of which goes unnoticed.

Sterling scores the winning goal and the interviewer asks if he thinks he's justified his selection

simon cowell facepalm GIF

It wasn't rip snorting stuff, was pretty passive second half, against a Croatia team that's not in it's prime, but still one of the better recent England performances at a tournament. Would still like to see more from midfield, 433 next time for me, maybe moving Mount back as an 8, or bringing Bellingham in.

I wouldn't maybe have started him but I thought Sterling was probably the MOTM, apart from the goal, he worked his nuts off without the ball, a lot of which goes unnoticed.

Toss up between Phillips or Sterling for me. Both played very well

Seems some people aren't getting just how much the afternoon heat had on effect on both sides today, and how much it had on the game of football as a spectacle.

As someone rightly pointed out, the evening game against Scotland will be played at a much higher tempo, more like a Premier League game, and will be a much more enjoyable watch for any neutral.

It wasn't rip snorting stuff, was pretty passive second half, against a Croatia team that's not in it's prime, but still one of the better recent England performances at a tournament. Would still like to see more from midfield, 433 next time for me, maybe moving Mount back as an 8, or bringing Bellingham in.

I wouldn't maybe have started him but I thought Sterling was probably the MOTM, apart from the goal, he worked his nuts off without the ball, a lot of which goes unnoticed.
Phillips was quite advanced 1st half (25mins), we didn't play a double pivot, left Rice on his own in DM.

I liked it, typified by the goal he set up, he was my MoTM

Seems some people aren't getting just how much the afternoon heat had on effect on both sides today, and how much it had on the game of football as a spectacle.

As someone rightly pointed out, the evening game against Scotland will be played at a much higher tempo, more like a Premier League game, and will be a much more enjoyable watch for any neutral.
Sweating like pigs with a hot dog in one hand and a Stella in another, "tempo was too slow, run"!!

:dembelelol:

Back
Top Bottom