England Vs Scotland - Friday 18th June, 8pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Proper game this one. This is what football is all about. Don’t disappoint Scotland let’s have a bit of a Barney and love in you motherfuckers. ❤️
Hope we Fucken destroy the fascist cunts. Break some bones and some hearts. 3-1. Two from McGinn, a Pickford OG and a consolation goal coming from some overrated cunt like Stones

I hope Scotland lose tomorrow as they'll need to then come out and play against us, which will suit our game much more than having to try and break them down for 90 minutes. If they win tomorrow, and they have a great chance, they will be absolutely delighted with a point against us on Friday.

Best Scotland side for a long time. A few who are contemporaries with members of the England squad.

It is a game that Scotland, at our best, could win. Particularly if the England side had the same levels of arrogance that many in the media seem to show when it comes to Scotland.

What do I really expect though? - Probably a narrow defeat for Scotland.
If Scotland are at their best and England are, or close to it, there's only one winner. I've actually tipped Scotland to surprise a few people this tournament if, and it's a big if, Clarke actually plays players in the correct positions. So that doesn't include playing McTominay as a centre-back. You have a promising midfield on paper and two good left-backs. But the forward options are pretty shocking, with Che Adams probably being the best of a pretty sorry bunch.

Hope we Fucken destroy the fascist cunts. Break some bones and some hearts. 3-1. Two from McGinn, a Pickford OG and a consolation goal coming from some overrated cunt like Stones
Vikings Yes GIF by Vinnie Camilleri

McGinn what a man like William Wallace himself!

Last edited:
I have been invited to watch this at a friend's house. She has invited three women over who I don't know. I am not sure why I am the only man invited. I will keep you all updated. :avbpray:

If Scotland are at their best and England are, or close to it, there's only one winner. I've actually tipped Scotland to surprise a few people this tournament if, and it's a big if, Clarke actually plays players in the correct positions. So that doesn't include playing McTominay as a centre-back. You have a promising midfield on paper and two good left-backs. But the forward options are pretty shocking, with Che Adams probably being the best of a pretty sorry bunch.
Agree that there isn't a lot of goals from the forwards but what you do have is players such as McGinn who pop up with a reasonable amount from midfield.

I'd say with honesty that in 2016 (if we somehow qualified) that we'd have been lucky to get a point in a group containing England, Czech Republic and Croatia but this current group are definitely a bit better than what we had then. It might still be the case that we end up without a point as all three sides are well above what we have, but, equally I could see us potentially taking 4/5 points in this group if we get things right and that might be enough to qualify.

Agree that there isn't a lot of goals from the forwards but what you do have is players such as McGinn who pop up with a reasonable amount from midfield.

I'd say with honesty that in 2016 (if we somehow qualified) that we'd have been lucky to get a point in a group containing England, Czech Republic and Croatia but this current group are definitely a bit better than what we had then. It might still be the case that we end up without a point as all three sides are well above what we have, but, equally I could see us potentially taking 4/5 points in this group if we get things right and that might be enough to qualify.

England’s weakness is that they have Grealish, Kane, Foden, Sterling, Mount, Sancho, Greenwood and Rashford and don’t make the best of their attacking options but by the looks of it Southgate has got the defence half decent. It’s a one off game and form goes out the window. Be interesting to watch.

Man for man England are stronger but the Scots have nothing to lose and if they win tomorrow Friday could be a cracker.

I think Croatia will beat you, though probably by no more than a solitary goal, but expect you to beat the Czech's, and three points will probably be enough considering that third place thing. You might be good for a point on Friday. It would be extremely poor of us to lose the game but I can definitely see a scenario where Scotland play well enough to earn a draw. I think a lot will depend on how you get on tomorrow. I'd fancy us to beat you in a more open game far more than I would if you come set up for a point and put 10 men behind the ball.

England’s weakness is that they have Grealish, Kane, Foden, Sterling, Greenwood and Rashford and don’t make the best of their attacking options but by the looks of it Southgate has got the defence half decent. It’s a one off game and form goes out the window. Be interesting to watch.

The fact that we're playing Rice as a proper DM and letting the other CM play a genuine box to box role when the game-play allows is an encouraging move from Gary. Phillips, Mount & Bellingham can all pull that off and show a little quality on the ball when necessary. It ought to push Henderson further down the pecking order (which I'll welcome), but we'll see if Sarfgate has the balls to keep leaving him out as the tournament progresses.

There's a lack of mental strength in England generally. It is a country defined by and regarded for its weakness. The minds of the English players are full of that sludge. The media tries to mask the national fear for confronting its post-imperial mediocrity by fanning plumes of arrogance. But that smokescreen hardly obscures the palsy of the English mind. That worthless absence of identity instead filled with racist bile.

When our Scottish men, sent to represent their stateless nation, remind those weak English boys of their nothingness, England will crumble.

ETERNAL WAR

I hope Scotland lose tomorrow as they'll need to then come out and play against us, which will suit our game much more than having to try and break them down for 90 minutes. If they win tomorrow, and they have a great chance, they will be absolutely delighted with a point against us on Friday.
Listen son, no matter the outcome of any other game, we are gonna smash your cunts right in on Friday.

This play for a draw concept is the luxury of the weak English mind.

We're gonna slash yer tyres, pan yer windaes, and shite on the carpet.

Back
Top Bottom