Paulo Fonseca (Poll Added)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you feel about this appointment

• Like it.

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 90 22.1%
  • Wait and see.

Votes: 217 53.2%
  • I quit.

Votes: 79 19.4%

• Total voters
And we finished above both of them...
Happy New Year Celebration GIF by Faith Holland

Incoming latest news from the man with his finger on the pulse up his ass...

Hercules​

Well-Known TallyWhacker​

Yesterday at 6:06 PM

Fonseca will follow other exciting news! Daniel will NOT interfere!🙈Well that is what the set-up is about. And he trusts his new General manager.​

Followed by this fairly reasonable take on that piece of fiction:

Dakes​

Well-Known Incel​

Yesterday at 6:08 PM

Hercules said:

Fonseca will follow other exciting news! Daniel will NOT interfere!🙈Well that is what the set-up is about. And he trusts his new General manager.​

So we have incoming exciting news before The Paulo's announcement?​

But no!!!​

Hercules​

Well-Known Chode Juggler​

Yesterday at 6:09 PM
Dakes said:
So we have incoming exciting news before The Paulo's announcement? 🤔
After!!!

Just heard Gold say that the delay could be related to Italian tax law and something about a time period requirement for employment to avoid a big hit on taxes.
Gold:
Italian tax laws - which provide large tax breaks for elite sportsmen - could also require Fonseca to wait until the end of the second year of his contract start date in Italy before officially beginning a job in a new country.
He signed for Roma on 11 June 2019. I assume that contract expires 30 June 2021.

Another point Gold makes:

On top of that, UK travel restrictions could also see Fonseca have to isolate when he arrives if he does not qualify for an exemption as an elite sportsman through the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport.

Did we actually top the league at one stage last year, or did I just dream that shit up?

Most of our dropped points were due to individual errors. Then there was the odd game where Mourinho's negativity was heavily punished.

We're not really that far away from it.

Thought I'd try a positive post amid all this jumping on the misery bandwagon that some cunts seem to have got rolling in here...
We beat Woolwich 2-0 on 6th December:

1Tottenham111424
2Liverpool11924
3Chelsea111422
4Leicester11621

Gold:
Italian tax laws - which provide large tax breaks for elite sportsmen - could also require Fonseca to wait until the end of the second year of his contract start date in Italy before officially beginning a job in a new country.
He signed for Roma on 11 June 2019. I assume that contract expires 30 June 2021.

On top of that, UK travel restrictions could also see Fonseca have to isolate when he arrives if he does not qualify for an exemption as an elite sportsman through the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport.
Watched his Facebook video a while ago, I thought he made an excellent point about our managerial appointments.

Any who happened to be our first choice has been an unmitigated disaster. He listed Hoddle, Santini, Ramos, AVB and Mourinho.

Any managers that we either ended up with or when we couldn't get our first choice have been more successful...

He listed Jol, Redknapp and Pochettino, which looks really good but he conveniently glossed over Pleat and Sherwood so it was wasn't a perfect point but fuck it...

Just heard Gold say that the delay could be related to Italian tax law and something about a time period requirement for employment to avoid a big hit on taxes.
This is the most likely cause. Also, the players are all on holiday and he's in communication with Paratici, so this is really much ado about nothing.

Gold:

So he might not be available to start work until the 10 July?

Surely he’d come to England in 3/4 days time so he can start his job immediately?

Back
Top Bottom