Paulo Fonseca (Poll Added)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you feel about this appointment

• Like it.

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 90 22.1%
  • Wait and see.

Votes: 217 53.2%
  • I quit.

Votes: 79 19.4%

• Total voters
What check can he do?

The agent and Fonseca agreed to the deal. Is he supposed to ask the agent by the way did you do your fucking job?

This is a million dollar deal Levy should be able to expect the agent to do something as basic as understand that different countries have different taxes, especially if it was important enough to kill the deal.

This is not on Levy in any way, although it appears like the taxes thing might not even be the reason for the deal to fall apart.
All reports saying it had nothing to do with taxes and everything to do with Gattuso suddenly being available. Disgraceful behavior imo

What check can he do?

The agent and Fonseca agreed to the deal. Is he supposed to ask the agent by the way did you do your fucking job?

This is a million dollar deal Levy should be able to expect the agent to do something as basic as understand that different countries have different taxes, especially if it was important enough to kill the deal.

This is not on Levy in any way, although it appears like the taxes thing might not even be the reason for the deal to fall apart.
Background check? Financial checks? Asking for records of taxes and such before signing contracts? Not assuming someone else has done their job correctly?

A good businessman, I would argue, would never assume someone else has done, or will do, their job properly, a good businessman would double/triple check everything.

But like I said, from reports it seems it has nothing to do with taxes anyway.

And yet at the start of last season, everyone on this board was saying we had the best squad we'd had in years smhhhh and that same squad was top of the league just before xmas.

Maybe, just maybe, a manager that let's the team play with freedom and confidence might just improve the shit show that occurred from the Liverpool game onwards last year, when the players clearly didn't buy into Mourinho's sit back and try hit them on the break tactics.
Same people who said Ndombele and Lo Celso are 'ballers' probably.

When Levy's not burning down sheet metal works he's burning bridges in the football community.

If what Gold says is true that's a shockingly unprofessional way to treat Fonseca. It's the kind of thing that creates a bad reputation.

The way Levy is shitting all over the fans at the moment this total traitor should bring in other traitors like him. I wouldn't be surprised if they give the job to Sol Campbell at this rate.

We literally have become the laughing stock of the league at the moment. No manager, ESL, in danger of losing our star player. The others are laughing at us.... How did it go from CL final to this in 2 seasons. Im seriously thinking of going on a hunger strike till this gets resolved. But then again, even if 1 million other fans threatened to do the same, Levy won't care.

He doesn't give a shit about this club or its fans. He has ruined it. Disgusting human being. He should resign and appologize and then compensate the club over his failure and total mismanagement. We need to take this to the streets (peacefully i must stress). If this continues at this rate, forget top 4, we will be fighting to stay out of the bottom 3 in 2 years. Is that what we want for our club.

Im actually crying at the moment, that is how angry and ashamed I am with the joke that we have become. Levy MUST go. He thinks he is bigger than the club.

When Levy's not burning down sheet metal works he's burning bridges in the football community.

If what Gold says is true that's a shockingly unprofessional way to treat Fonseca. It's the kind of thing that creates a bad reputation.

From Jol to Poch it’s what Levy does. I am surprised anyone deals with us. Levy is a scumbag as a human being, I love the club and I can appreciate certain things he has done but he is a vile human being and the club is built in his image. Cheap, ruthless and graceless.

'He was appointed on May 25 but has been locked in a dispute with his new club regarding transfer targets ever since.

But the 43-year-old has now sensationally quit his post after just 23 days with reports suggesting he had a falling out with club owner Rocco Commisso.'

Sounds like gattuso and levy will get on then.

What did I say that was nonsense?
Both statements. A poor record? He took from a shite Montella side with Borini and Suso as wingers and got them 2 points off Atalanta in 3rd with AC Milan. Then he took a disfunctional Napoli, and towards the later stages of the Serie A, he had one of the most in-form sides in Italy alongside Inter. Also, watch his 5-2 win over Lazio, against a highly-rated coach like Simone Inzaghi, and watch how his wingers completely dismantle Lazio over and over again. The only thing I'm concerned about is Jorge Mendes, but when it comes to Gattuso as coach, he's a much, MUCH better appointment than Fonseca.

Both statements. A poor record? He took from a shite Montella side with Borini and Suso as wingers and got them 2 points off Atalanta in 3rd with AC Milan. Then he took a disfunctional Napoli, and towards the later stages of the Serie A, he had one of the most in-form sides in Italy alongside Inter. Also, watch his 5-2 win over Lazio, against a highly-rated coach like Simone Inzaghi, and watch how his wingers completely dismantle Lazio over and over again. The only thing I'm concerned about is Jorge Mendes, but when it comes to Gattuso as coach, he's a much, MUCH better appointment than Fonseca.
Why did he get sacked by both Napoli and AC Milan

From Jol to Poch it’s what Levy does. I am surprised anyone deals with us. Levy is a scumbag as a human being, I love the club and I can appreciate certain things he has done but he is a vile human being and the club is built in his image. Cheap, ruthless and graceless.
I wonder how many clubs won't even pick up the phone when he calls, because he's been such a pain to deal with?

He probably thinks he's being clever but all he's doing is putting off coaches and players from wanting anything to do with our club.

And gattuso won’t stand for any shit from the players as well. Fonseca was too nice

The way Levy is shitting all over the fans at the moment this total traitor should bring in other traitors like him. I wouldn't be surprised if they give the job to Sol Campbell at this rate.

We literally have become the laughing stock of the league at the moment. No manager, ESL, in danger of losing our star player. The others are laughing at us.... How did it go from CL final to this in 2 seasons. Im seriously thinking of going on a hunger strike till this gets resolved. But then again, even if 1 million other fans threatened to do the same, Levy won't care.

He doesn't give a shit about this club or its fans. He has ruined it. Disgusting human being. He should resign and appologize and then compensate the club over his failure and total mismanagement. We need to take this to the streets (peacefully i must stress). If this continues at this rate, forget top 4, we will be fighting to stay out of the bottom 3 in 2 years. Is that what we want for our club.

Im actually crying at the moment, that is how angry and ashamed I am with the joke that we have become. Levy MUST go. He thinks he is bigger than the club.
He doesn't think he's bigger than the club, he thinks he IS the club and his cult have just emboldened him to think that even more.

The "Levy time" and all the other bullshit, the arse kissing over the stadium and finances, doing things "the right way" honestly, some of our "supporters" would build a statue for this cunt if they could.

It's his little ego project and he's not going to change the way he operates for anyone.

Back
Top Bottom