Paulo Fonseca (Poll Added)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you feel about this appointment

• Like it.

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 90 22.1%
  • Wait and see.

Votes: 217 53.2%
  • I quit.

Votes: 79 19.4%

• Total voters
I wonder how many clubs won't even pick up the phone when he calls, because he's been such a pain to deal with?

He probably thinks he's being clever but all he's doing is putting off coaches and players from wanting anything to do with our club.

I think he has a pathological need to win and screw over the counterparty in any deal/contract. Great for short term tactics, terrible for long term growth. His behaviour makes him a snake.

He doesn't think he's bigger than the club, he thinks he IS the club and his cult have just emboldened him to think that even more.

The "Levy time" and all the other bullshit, the arse kissing over the stadium and finances, doing things "the right way" honestly, some of our "supporters" would build a statue for this cunt if they could.

It's his little ego project and he's not going to change the way he operates for anyone.

Anyone who supports building a statue of this man is an Woolwich fan. That simple!

Seems apt, this gif :mourcheeks:

the mueller report see GIF

Both statements. A poor record? He took from a shite Montella side with Borini and Suso as wingers and got them 2 points off Atalanta in 3rd with AC Milan. Then he took a disfunctional Napoli, and towards the later stages of the Serie A, he had one of the most in-form sides in Italy alongside Inter. Also, watch his 5-2 win over Lazio, against a highly-rated coach like Simone Inzaghi, and watch how his wingers completely dismantle Lazio over and over again. The only thing I'm concerned about is Jorge Mendes, but when it comes to Gattuso as coach, he's a much, MUCH better appointment than Fonseca.
I only really knew his Napoli side, which had some very good players.

What’s he like with youth?

He didn't get top 4 with either AC Milan or Napoli, not great. For his other clubs, he didn't seem to be successful.
Look at the sides he was up against. His Milan side had no business being near top 4, it was a mid-table side at best. At Napoli he won Coppa Italia, regurarly matched up against the best Italian sides (something that Fonseca was NOTORIOUSLY bad at), and towards the end had one of the best sides in Italy.

Who hired the DOF? I mean, literally, it's always Levy avoiding blame and I am fucking tired of seeing him escape it.

The hammer should drop on him, fuck the DOF, let's face it, he is nothing more than a mouthpiece of that snake Levy anyway, you think this DOF has full control with no input from Levy? lol.

I blamed him when he made the hire, but every indication is that this is a Paratici move so Paratici deserves the blame.

I am so tired of people not blaming others for their mistakes just because someone else also sucks.

Paratici doesn’t get a pass just because he works for Levy. If he does something wrong he should be called out.

Look at the sides he was up against. His Milan side had no business being near top 4, it was a mid-table side at best. At Napoli he won Coppa Italia, regurarly matched up against the best Italian sides (something that Fonseca was NOTORIOUSLY bad at), and towards the end had one of the best sides in Italy.
AC Milan finished second the season after Gattuso left?

I only really knew his Napoli side, which had some very good players.

What’s he like with youth?
Could be better. He likes to have a stable side, and only makes rotations based on injuries, suspensions and tiredness. Probably could be because there were were no good young players at Napoli, but I highly doubt it because Napoli is the factory of players in Italy.

Style of play + mixed record

Gattuso doesn't have a mixed record, he has a poor record. Also not a great style of play.

His record at Porto and Roma is not mixed at all it was pure shit.

And those clubs are much more applicable to us than running the show in a one horse league.

I blamed him when he made the hire, but every indication is that this is a Paratici move so Paratici deserves the blame.

I am so tired of people not blaming others for their mistakes just because someone else also sucks.

Paratici doesn’t get a pass just because he works for Levy. If he does something wrong he should be called out.

It was Levy who hired Paratici, he could have gone for Rangnick or Campos or someone else and all this hiring then not hiring then cutting off is very Levy like. If Paratici is doing this then he has Levy traits.

Could be better. He likes to have a stable side, and only makes rotations based on injuries, suspensions and tiredness. Probably could be because there were were no good young players at Napoli, but I highly doubt it because Napoli is the factory of players in Italy.
Napoli academy is trash. Insigne is the only top player they formed in god knows how many years. They don’t invest in that.

Back
Top Bottom