Paulo Fonseca (Poll Added)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you feel about this appointment

• Like it.

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 90 22.1%
  • Wait and see.

Votes: 217 53.2%
  • I quit.

Votes: 79 19.4%

• Total voters
Gattuso is more highly rated? By who? People were questioning Fonseca's CV - it's fucking glorious compared to Gattuso's managerial record.
Nobody in Italy or the football world give a shit about achievement in Ukraine league. Shakhtar dominates that league. After Fonseca left, they reached EL semi final. Was an absolute nuisance in CL group stage this year, that embarrassing both Conte and Zidane tactically. They don't miss him. He failed at Roma, and failed hard with Porto before.

Gattuso got Napoli job over Fonseca getting Roma job is already telling. Gattuso was considered for Juventus job, while Fonseca despite Paratici's admiration never being considered. Gattuso Napoli won stuff with him, and gave a fight for top 4 till the end, where as Fonseca Roma team just sliding down the table.

And I am saying all that despite not wanting nothing with Gattuso at Spurs. Fonseca worship cult is weird.

Last edited:
You may feel bad for Fonseca for getting baited hooked sinkered, and question Gattuso credibility; but the decision to choose a higher rated coach is at least sensible. Choosing Fonseca for our situation made no sense to begin with.
Is Gattuso better than Fonseca? I doubt that.

Fonseca from what I’ve heard is a decent tactician who has a clear way for his team to play. Meanwhile, Gattuso is more of a “man manager” who’s overly relies on keeping his players motivated throughout the season, rather than his own tactical knowledge/capabilities.

If true, we are in much greater need of a Fonseca than Gattuso.

poor guy i was underwhelmed but going on holiday knowing he was coming here only for us to tell him we dont want him anymore, this club is now soulless with this shit in charge, we have mendes and this new italian cunt who rip up our dna and life

Fonseca from what I’ve heard is a decent tactician who has a clear way for his team to play. Meanwhile, Gattuso is more of a “man manager” who’s overly relies on keeping his players motivated throughout the season, rather than his own tactical knowledge/capabilities.

Neither are good at all, neither is what we need.

If one is better than the other it is deciding what pile of shit you prefer to eat.

Nobody in Italy or the football world give a shit about achievement in Ukraine league. Shakhtar dominates that league. After Fonseca left, they reached EL semi final. Was an absolute nuisance in CL group stage this year, that embarrassing both Conte and Zidane tactically. They don't miss him. He failed at Roma, and failed hard with Porto before.

Gattuso got Napoli job over Fonseca getting Roma job is already telling. Gattuso was considered for Juventus job, while Fonseca despite Paratici's admiration never being considered. Gattuso Napoli won stuff with him, and gave a fight for top 4 till the end, where as Fonseca Roma team just sliding down the table.

And I am saying all that despite not wanting nothing with Gattuso at Spurs. Fonseca worship cult is weird.
So basically Gattuso was considered for a bunch of jobs he didn't get is his qualification?

Fonseca is more a coach than tactician, if we're heading toward hair splitting discussion alley.

I don't rate Gattuso highly, but he shows certain tactical competent. You couldn't have quite a decent head to head against Juventus, Inter, Lazio, Atalanta, Milan... and especially shit all over Roma like Gattuso. If you can't motivate, sell your ideas to the players, your tactical genius means nothing. Fonseca never shows he's capable to punch above his team weight class. While Gattuso may not overachieve with the team, his teams show capability to play stronger team off the park.

Fonseca is more a coach than tactician, if we're heading toward hair splitting discussion alley.

I don't rate Gattuso highly, but he shows certain tactical competent. You couldn't have quite a decent head to head against Juventus, Inter, Lazio, Atalanta, Milan... and especially shit all over Roma like Gattuso. If you can't motivate, sell your ideas to the players, your tactical genius means nothing. Fonseca never shows he's capable to punch above his team weight class. While Gattuso may not overachieve with the team, his teams show capability to play stronger team off the park.
won fuck all and plays shit football.

So basically Gattuso was considered for a bunch of jobs he didn't get is his qualification?
What bunch? He got Milan, and Napoli. He chose to stay at Napoli, and Juventus out of desperation installed Pirlo. We know what happened.

Fonseca almost appointed as Spurs manager, and then we have people hyping Paratici's long term admiration on Fonseca despite the fact, Fonseca never on Juventus radar when Paratici was there

won fuck all and plays shit football.
Who? Gattuso?

Gattuso won Copa Italy with Napoli. Their first trophy in a long time. His Napoli is not exactly playing shit football. It's not rare that they played Inter, Juventus, Atalanta, Lazio off the park. Shit all over Roma for their head to head.

If you choose champion Fonseca over Gattuso, you're deluded.

I want nothing of Gattuso at Spurs, but doesn't change that I don't rate Fonseca at all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom