Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Eriksen getting an ICD rules him out of continuing his career at Inter then I'd guess.

You are not allowed to play at a top level in Italy with a heart problem/with an ICD implanted.

I could see him going back to Ajax. Daley Blind also has one so there is precedent for it in the Dutch league.

Eriksen getting an ICD rules him out of continuing his career at Inter then I'd guess.

You are not allowed to play at a top level in Italy with a heart problem/with an ICD implanted.

I could see him going back to Ajax. Daley Blind also has one so there is precedent for it in the Dutch league.

I can see that happening quite esasily

I’m really surprised to hear that Blind plays with an ICD implant, I really wasn’t aware of that. I didn’t think a top tier club would be able to get insurance for a player with a known heart condition like that.
From Eriksen’s point of view though it’s good news that there are still options open to him if he wants to continue playing.

I’m really surprised to hear that Blind plays with an ICD implant, I really wasn’t aware of that. I didn’t think a top tier club would be able to get insurance for a player with a known heart condition like that.
From Eriksen’s point of view though it’s good news that there are still options open to him if he wants to continue playing.
It obviously seems to differ from country to country and the Netherlands obviously seem capable of it.

He'll probably have to drop down in pay but if he wants to keep playing we know that he can do it there. And Ajax would obviously love to have him back.

You are legit kidding, right? Maybe stop discussing heart conditions when you know absolutely nothing. This post outed you the most....

:avbshock:
He's pretty shameless, yes.

Linking the past couple of days topics together, here is Icke and his then misses, with the Cloudbuster I gifted them at his flat (well in the communal gardens).

ickecloudbuster.jpg

I took the pic, of course.

I've never had any of his books, but he has work of mine...

Have I heard correctly that Eriksen's words after coming to were something along the lines of "yes I'm still with you, for fuck's sake, I'm only 29"?

He always had a very dry sense of humour, so this sounds very him if true.

Edit: ah yes, a quick google tells us...

German doctor Jens Kleinefeld described the moment Eriksen first came around following the defibrillator shock, and the joke that convinced him the former Tottenham midfielder had not suffered brain damage.

‘About 30 seconds later, he opened his eyes and I could talk to him directly,’ said Kleinefeld. ‘That was a very moving moment, as in such medical emergencies in everyday life, the chances of success are much lower.’

Kleinefeld revealed he then asked Eriksen: 'Well, are you back with us?' and Eriksen replied: 'Yes, I am back with you. For f***s sake, I'm only 29 years old.'

Last edited:

So if the ICD is permanent he will have to leave Italy.

You tagged me? Freaking weirdo.
Because you had a pop about my suggestion the condition was similar but a lower grade (Blinds’).

So, professor, or whatever you are, get your knowledge out and put me right…

If you’re a doc, the perception I have is of one who doesn’t like being questioned???

Electron deficiency is a passion of mine, which over the years I have learned most Dr’s know sweet FA about? beyond a little Farraday stuff… If this is your area, tell us more please?!?!

Last edited:

So if the ICD is permanent he will have to leave Italy.
Surely you can indemnify yourself?

Agree a contract clause.

Don’t push him, as Blind is doing. Just spitballing.

Back
Top Bottom