A New World

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is a tricky one. If we use Sammy (who's asked for his account to be closed btw) as an example. It was his posting style that got him a red card. People voted for him a lot because of his relentless posting in various Spurs threads about similar points. I rejected loads of votes because his posts were clearly about Spurs. However, there comes a point when that style of posting becomes an issue.

So how should that be handled? I'm not sure yet.

Honestly?

His posting style annoys the fuck out of me, but I think you're probably opening up a can of worms moving forward if that becomes/remains a bannable offence.

I think if people (myself included) get wound up/annoyed at someone's posting style/frequency of posting, then the onus should be on us to either rise above it or use the ignore feature.

Personally, unless Sammy (or whomever) is being actually offensive/insulting, then I'd ignore the votes and let it be. Seems to be the least complex solution, and sets a sensible precedent?

Just my brainfart of an opinion though :)

Honestly?

His posting style annoys the fuck out of me, but I think you're probably opening up a can of worms moving forward if that becomes/remains a bannable offence.

I think if people (myself included) get wound up/annoyed at someone's posting style/frequency of posting, then the onus should be on us to either rise above it or use the ignore feature.

Personally, unless Sammy (or whomever) is being actually offensive/insulting, then I'd ignore the votes and let it be. Seems to be the least complex solution, and sets a sensible precedent?

Just my brainfart of an opinion though :)

Setting precedents is why I never wanted to go down this route. Like I said, once we start banning people there's ammunition for people to question why one person is banned and not another. As the high and mighty forum admin, I'll just ignore them and adopt a "what I say goes" attitude. It's a bit sad really but hey ho, this is how this style of running a forum works.

Also, for the record, we're pretty much always run it this way, but arguments in the Spurs forum (about Spurs, obviously) will not be viewed in the same way as, say, a political argument in Off Topic. We all feel strongly about our club and it's understandable, especially after a poor result, that can lead to occasionally overstepping the mark.

The Off Topic section will remain but, at the end of the day, this is a Spurs forum. If you want to express your opinions on anything else then I suggest you find a different website around that topic.

This is a tricky one. If we use Sammy (who's asked for his account to be closed btw) as an example. It was his posting style that got him a red card. People voted for him a lot because of his relentless posting in various Spurs threads about similar points. I rejected loads of votes because his posts were clearly about Spurs. However, there comes a point when that style of posting becomes an issue.

So how should that be handled? I'm not sure yet.

I don't like many of his arguments but IMO if he isn't breaking any rules then he should be free to post relentlessly if he wants, the rest of us should either lump it or refute the points he's making. If he's not allowed to relentlessly post , then that should apply to everyone, I think that will be very problematic.

This forum is gonna be pretty boring from now on.
It depends on how it’s policed tbh.

One off cunt offs are one thing, but ones that last months/years and dominate every thread are another.

However, with that being said, if this place turned into the SC I’d leave in a heartbeat. I hope it doesn’t come to that because this place, despite housing a select few fucking nutters, is fantastic.

I don't like many of his arguments but IMO if he isn't breaking any rules then he should be free to post relentlessly if he wants, the rest of us should either lump it or refute the points he's making. If he's not allowed to relentlessly post , then that should apply to everyone, I think that will be very problematic.
Agree 100%.
Just ignore him if winds people up that much.

Seriously though all it would take is a few users with an axe to grind and someone is perma banned from the site.

Wether they actually commited a red card offense or not this could be abused.

Back
Top Bottom