Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It doesn't matter how he made it happen. Or why. The post held up the mere fact that Paratici signed 2 of the best footballers in the world as proof he was a shit DoF. It was possibly the stupidest string of words ever put together on TFC. And thats a high bar to clear.

The post actually quoted his connection to the agents of the players and his connection to those agents as a concern.

Now that we see that Mendes name is mentioned in relation to Gattuso leaving Fiorentina and it is relevant to bring his connection to agents up again.

The post actually quoted his connection to the agents of the players and his connection to those agents as a concern.

Now that we see that Mendes name is mentioned in relation to Gattuso leaving Fiorentina and it is relevant to bring his connection to agents up again.
But irrelevant to use the fact that he did business with them to sign 2 of the best footballers in the world as a discredit to his abilities as a DoF.

But irrelevant to use the fact that he did business with them to sign 2 of the best footballers in the world as a discredit to his abilities as a DoF.

No it isn't.

It shows that his relationship with super agents has helped him make his biggest deals. Many clubs wouldn't make the deal for De Ligt because of Raiola but for Paratici it wasn't an issue at all because he has a relationship with him.

You disagreed my post saying anyone here would bite off their arm to have de Ligt and Ronaldo turn out for Spurs. Are we going to debate the definition of the word disagree, now?

I disagree with the last part of your post where you mischaracterized the post you were criticizing.

No it isn't.

It shows that his relationship with super agents has helped him make his biggest deals. Many clubs wouldn't make the deal for De Ligt because of Raiola but for Paratici it wasn't an issue at all because he has a relationship with him.
Indeed.

Raiola wouldn't let his client de Ligt sign for Barca, but pushed him to Juve instead.

I wonder why that was?

I'm sure it was nothing to do with the filthy lucre of agent "fees".....

To be perfectly clear:

1) I do not want my club to pay millions of pounds in ridiculous, potentially crippling, and almost certainly dubious, "fees" to the parasite super agents.

2) we needed a DoF who could identify and sign the next Modric, Berbatov, Bale, Son before they are superstars. That means a Campos type, not a Paratici type.

De Ligt wanted to join Barcelona but Raiola pushed for Juventus - Football Oranje

We probably could have signed De Lijt drom Ajax 3 or 4 years ago. We went for Davinson Sanchez instead.

He refused moves to us and others at that time and since.... Like De Jong he clearly knew the smart thing was to stay put and bide his time.

He refused moves to us and others at that time and since.... Like De Jong he clearly knew the smart thing was to stay put and bide his time.
We could and should have had De Ligt long before Raiola came on the scene. Raiola only agreed on Juventus because they agreed a shorter contract and guaranteed release fee.

We could and should have had De Ligt long before Raiola came on the scene. Raiola only agreed on Juventus because they agreed a shorter contract and guaranteed release fee.

Re-read the last 2 posts.

We tried.... Twice. He had no intention of leaving prior to the summer that Juve bought him (at his age Ajax were in no rush to sell).....

When he became available a more successful club willing to bend over for Raiola were at the front of the queue... Why would he choose us at that point?

Last edited:
How long was this guy DOF at juve and was he any good? Prior to that what is his back ground and record. Levy was waxing lyrical about him but I have yet to see any evidence. Based on what his done so far he needs sacking. What was his convo with levy like when he safi let’s ditch my original fave for manager I have an even better guy. Surely these people have some morals? Then the board and levy look at his latest fave gutusso surely they would look at his record and think he defo doesn’t fit our dna or brief. Literally amazing the incompetence. To boot we are going for someone who had a fizzy because the players his agent recommended ( not sure if he was asked or just foist those players on the club) and the club had the audacity to refuse to buy them. What’s gonna happen at spurs with both DOF and manager with same agent? Whose gonna be doing the recruiting mendes ducker or DOF. What are paying a DOF for if all he does is tap his mate up and says find some players and there’s a nice cut in it for you.
shambkes, corruption, cronies, nepotism, etc
We will be bankrupt with these fuckers who not gonna develop any long term strategy.

Re-read the last 2 posts.

We tried.... Twice. He had no intention of leaving prior to the summer that Juve bought him (at his age Ajax were in no rush to sell).....

When he became available a more successful club willing to bend over for Raiola were at the front of the queue... Why would he choose us at that point?
Reports say we tried and had a £48million bid rejected, reports also say that we never made the bid, ironically both came from the same source Football London i.e. Alisdair Gold.

Here's where I have my doubts.

De Ligt was 18 and would have cost a then, new club record. We had Jan, Toby and of course then club record signing Davinson Sanchez already in the back line. Do you believe Levy would have gone another £50million remembering Foyth and CCV were also there or there abouts, Tanganga would have been another , same age all about potential signing and then you had Erik Dier who was indicating he saw himself as a centre half. Remember at the same time Toby had a year on his contract with the option for another year and Levy wanted £75million for him. So maybe, just maybe had we sold Toby to Man Ure, where Jose desperately wanted him, we might have gone for De Ligt. Same for De Jong. Was Levy really going to pay £50million for a player when Winks, Sissoko, Alli, Dembele, Dier all already played in that position?

But Levy spending that sort of money on top of what he already had?

Nope, not for me.

As I've said before, we were wanting to sign Nubel, we were the previous season's CL runners up so we had credit in the bank. And yes, I know German players like to stay in Germany, and yes I know Bayern are a huge pull, but the guy hasn't played in a year and won't play next season again due to Neuer. So the question is, did Levy go into any deal with the necessary commitment and desire to meet the player's wants, or did he think a young superstar just needed a contract offer and a promise of "Next year will be our year" to sign for Spurs?

Think we need to bin this guy before his contract even starts. Completely out of touch, Italy centric has been who probably only oversaw all that success because Italian football and Juve particularly are as corrupt as they come. Levy outdoing himself in pure ineptitude here. Stepping back from the football side should not mean handing the combination to the safe to the likes of Mendes and Patricia.

Appalling decision making, again.

Starting to look like another bungled appointment by Levy

Paratici seems to be in bed with those loathsome super agents and completely focused on Serie A.

Also, in no way are Juventus run or bear any similarity to this club so dont get the logic for employing him.

Surely you'd look for a DOF who had worked in similar circumstances to what you have at the club, off the top of my head I'm thinking some of the Bundelsiga clubs who are good at idenitfying and bringing in cheaper talent.

Reports say we tried and had a £48million bid rejected, reports also say that we never made the bid, ironically both came from the same source Football London i.e. Alisdair Gold.

Here's where I have my doubts.

De Ligt was 18 and would have cost a then, new club record. We had Jan, Toby and of course then club record signing Davinson Sanchez already in the back line. Do you believe Levy would have gone another £50million remembering Foyth and CCV were also there or there abouts, Tanganga would have been another , same age all about potential signing and then you had Erik Dier who was indicating he saw himself as a centre half. Remember at the same time Toby had a year on his contract with the option for another year and Levy wanted £75million for him. So maybe, just maybe had we sold Toby to Man Ure, where Jose desperately wanted him, we might have gone for De Ligt. Same for De Jong. Was Levy really going to pay £50million for a player when Winks, Sissoko, Alli, Dembele, Dier all already played in that position?

But Levy spending that sort of money on top of what he already had?

Nope, not for me.

As I've said before, we were wanting to sign Nubel, we were the previous season's CL runners up so we had credit in the bank. And yes, I know German players like to stay in Germany, and yes I know Bayern are a huge pull, but the guy hasn't played in a year and won't play next season again due to Neuer. So the question is, did Levy go into any deal with the necessary commitment and desire to meet the player's wants, or did he think a young superstar just needed a contract offer and a promise of "Next year will be our year" to sign for Spurs?

You're more than welcome to have doubts, but remember; the thrust of your original comment was that it was a failure on our part that Juve got their hands on him (Also, as i already asked why would we have got our hands on him if Juve were happy to accept a shitty deal?)

Essentially you've just rationalised not buying him at all.

Perhaps if we'd have scored him when we first started sniffing about we wouldn't have bought one or both of Sanchez or Foyth.... Who knows, but that's all a bit 'what if' because he simply didn't want to leave Ajax back then. (Tangaga was still a year and a half away from his senior debut at this point so hardly a factor....).

De Jong: The player himself acknowledged our attempt to sign him (at the time Wanyama was screwed and Dembele was physically struggling.... He left that January).... but FDJs heart was set on Barca. The following summer we spent even more on Ndombele (the other players you mention still remain and we'vecsince bought GLC & PEH too - why would we have been reluctant to bring in 1 only to bring in 1).... There was also talk of Grealisj & Tielemans circa 18/19 so we were obviously scoping MFs.

I don't remember much noise about Nubel, but I'll take your word for it..... Didn't he just decide to stay at BM in the end anyway?

Sources inside Fonseca's camp told football.london that during those talks in Italy the Portuguese felt there was a big difference in opinion between the expansive and attacking profile for the new head coach wanted by chairman Daniel Levy and the more conservative approach sought by Paratici.

Then why did Levy hire the guy? Isn't "what type of manager do you want" kind of the first question you ask in a job interview?

Back
Top Bottom