Gennaro Gattuso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you be happy with Gattuso as manager

• Total voters
It’s going to be Roberto Martinez guys
tenor.gif

The full quote from the Times:

Conversations certainly took place with Gattuso, and insiders at Spurs are starting to become exasperated that almost every detail of a recruitment process being led by the new general manager Fabio Paratici is becoming public.

No doubt some will claim it's all part of the big conspiracy of journalists making up links with Gattuso.
Jorno's (reputable ones and I think we can agree who the majority of these are) don't make up the links. The links are very much real. But it is to the extent of what is being reported back to the journo's is where there's serious doubt and that's not even to doubt the actual words e.g. If a Jorno is told by Mendes that his coach who he represents is in contract negotiations with the Club then this is what the Journo will post.

But as fans we need to understand that this is what the agent wants to be reported, he wants it out there for his benefit, NOT the benefit of the Club.

The reality of the talks could be that the prospective coach has just held a preliminary interview so that both parties can talk openly about the position and assess each other suitability and fit. They could then agree to talk again in a more formal capacity the following day or week.

It is incomprehensible that we went from in the example of Gatusso, from "Jorge Mendes will try with Gattuso" to "Gennaro Gattuso in advanced negotiations with Tottenham board over a potential two-years contract. Jorge Mendes directly involved in the discussions" in the space of 8hrs!!!!

It's like Ray-eey-yain.... on your Wedding day...
A free-yee riiiiide, when you've already paid...
...and isn't it a shambles, doncha think?

Fucking mess of a club right now...

Liverpool lost a CL Final against Real Madrid in 2018... re-grouped... improved, and won it the following year.

We lost a CL final in Madrid that following year... and then proceded to completely go to shit for the next 2 years!

The fuck is it with us... it's like we're run by Neanderthal Babies with Learning difficulties and a limp!

We've already been through this, and you didn't respond to my specific rebuttal.

If BBC were just plagiarising random shit, then they'd be reporting 100 fake stories a day.
The fact that the BBC, The Athletic, Alasdair Gold, The Times, and the The Telegraph all independently reported something is very significant.

They're often all reporting somewhat differing versions though.... As are the Ali Gs and Romanos of this world.

"No smoke without fire"

....Question is how MUCH fire was there to begin with.

We've already been through this, and you didn't respond to my specific rebuttal.

If BBC were just plagiarising random shit, then they'd be reporting 100 fake stories a day.
The fact that the BBC, The Athletic, Alasdair Gold, The Times, and the The Telegraph all independently reported something is very significant.
They didn't "independently" report it mate. Most referenced Fabrizo by saying "as per". Even one of Fabrizo breaking tweets was "as per" @Di Marzo.

It starts with one person with the info, others reference it (the good ones), the shit ones just cut and paste and make out it's theirs.

Then there's a frantic phoning of their own contacts/sources to get confirmation their end, what follows is a) a denial b) confirmation and c) a confirmation with maybe a slightly different tone e.g. Spurs have "made contact with" as opposed to Spurs are in "advanced talks".

The same applies as to the reason why talks were ended.
Conte: "they didn't match my ambitions"
Spurs: "he wanted to spend £1b"
These bits are valuable for the credibility of both parties, if Spurs don't precede with a candidate it doesn't look good that the candidate was rejected, it might affect his search. The same for Spurs, they get slated for not being ambitious. In any event, we used to do our business in secrecy, this kind of info was never revealed, if it was it would come out in dribs and drabs 2 or 3yrs later when say Redknapp is spilling his guts on BT Sport or whatever.

I'd be maybe a little more worried that everything is getting leaked. That either means incompetence somewhere, or a very clever mole!!

Or in reality, so much of this Sh!t is made up, and everyone else jumps on board.
Remember both Sky and BBC reporting on the Golf booking that we made up last year!!
This. When it comes to footy speculation the level of credence is so low that even so called reputable journos will report shit and won't verify facts because:
a) footy speculation attracts shitloads of traffic
b) they don't wanna be left behind on this
c) no one cares if it isn't true

It sells, simple as that and in the age of social media it's become ridiculous.
I take it all with a massive pinch of salt and certainly don't get upset by any of it until it becomes fact. If fat Sam is appointed manager I'll be frothing like everyone else. I won't be if it's reported we're interested or in talks with him though cos it's all bollocks until it becomes fact.

We've become Levy's dirty protest!
I'd be maybe a little more worried that everything is getting leaked. That either means incompetence somewhere, or a very clever mole!!

Or in reality, so much of this Sh!t is made up, and everyone else jumps on board.
Remember both Sky and BBC reporting on the Golf booking that we made up last year!!

whats the story with the made up golf booking? Guessing something to do with Bale.
Indulge me...I need a laugh

How many different ways can Levy screw this up before he is sacked?

It's madness. Sack Poch (right or wrong) for Mourinho, sack Mourinho only to flirt with Poch and *nearly* hire the Italian Mourinho, only to *nearly* hire the guy who was sacked so Roma could hire Mourinho, only to *nearly* hire the guy who left his last job in less than 30 days over disagreements on a transfer policy, because we all know the last two managers have had no issues with our transfer policy.

Get the man away from any and all football related operations and let him focus on stadium projects alone. Naming rights, NFL games, concerts, whatever. Or sack him. Expeditiously.

The club is in shambles. Why TF would Kane want to stick around for this sh-t show?

No, I did respond.

It doesnt follow at all that all the fake stories would be reported. Only the ones that are relevant to getting eyeballs and clicks. Why would they repeat every/any ridiculous story?

Do you really think that Romano broke a story, and by pure coincidence the BBC, The Athletic (tabloid as any), Ally Gold etc just so happened to have finished sourcing the same story independently and publish only moments later?

Heres the difference in our opinion - I don think they did independently report it, for some reason you do.

Just as we seem to have different ideas on what a reliable journo is.

I'm glad its being leaked. At least the world can finally see what a shambles this football club is under Levy and ENIC. A complete joke and has been for 20 years under their leadership. Yet they get away with it because they win the net spend trophy every season and gave us a shiny stadium. Give me white hart lane back if it means we are going to go another 20 years achieving fuck all. Sick and tired of it.

Do you really think that Romano broke a story, and by pure coincidence the BBC, The Athletic (tabloid as any), Ally Gold etc just so happened to have finished sourcing the same story independently and publish only moments later?
That's not what happened.

Romano's story wasn't actually corroborated by Ali Gold. There were key differences in what they reported. However what they both reported was that Spurs were in negotiations with Gattuso.

I don't fully trust Fabrizio Romano.

That's not what happened.

Romano's story wasn't actually corroborated by Ali Gold. There were key differences in what they reported. However what they both reported was that Spurs were in negotiations with Gattuso.

I don't fully trust Fabrizio Romano.

Thats two of the many dozens who reported it. One of which you dont trust.

And "in negotiations" means what, exactly?

And this really is my point. Seeing something via a few outlets doesnt make it the real facts of the matter.

ESPECIALLY in todays football media, which has a tenuous relation to the actual truth at the best of times.

The 'facts' of this whole story appear to be that it broke down with Fonseca (unclear why) and we spoke to Gattuso (unclear how seriously)

Thats it, really. The rest is basically bollocks.

How many different ways can Levy screw this up before he is sacked?

It's madness. Sack Poch (right or wrong) for Mourinho, sack Mourinho only to flirt with Poch and *nearly* hire the Italian Mourinho, only to *nearly* hire the guy who was sacked so Roma could hire Mourinho, only to *nearly* hire the guy who left his last job in less than 30 days over disagreements on a transfer policy, because we all know the last two managers have had no issues with our transfer policy.

Get the man away from any and all football related operations and let him focus on stadium projects alone. Naming rights, NFL games, concerts, whatever. Or sack him. Expeditiously.

The club is in shambles. Why TF would Kane want to stick around for this sh-t show?
I think the Gatusso thing is nonsense , leaked by Mendes. Why would tax reasons be the reason we walked from one Italian manager not be the same for him.

that said , Levy is a shambles of a chairman who is only interested in infrastructure. He’s building a sport / hotel complex over the football club

Back
Top Bottom