England Vs Scotland - Friday 18th June, 8pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maguire having to play the rust off worries the hell out of me tbh.

Should get away with it against the Czech's. They're alright and they have Schick who's done well for them in the last two games but I just genuinely think expectation killed us tonight, and that's why I was predicting a draw all week. We were expected to win by many just by turning up, but football never works like that, and Scotland were always going to play above there usual level in this game.

I had a feeling we would struggle to shine tonight and in the end I was bang on, though still incredibly dissapointed.

As a neutral, England looked woeful honestly. Had a ton of the ball but were just slow with it and created very little.

Southgate really seems out of his depth, it's bizarre that someone like Mount is starting over Graelish or Sancho.

Harry may be scapegoated a bit but he's not getting any service at all.

England just seem like a team with absolutely no attacking strategy.

In all seriousness, I'm not an England fan, but why is the moron still sticking to a 4-2-3-1? If he could play 4-3-3 with Rice-Bellingham-Mount and Grealish-Foden/Sancho on the wings, England would blow teams out of the water. Southgate is actually a pathetic excuse of a manager. He thinks he's Fernando Santos that took Portugal to a Euro only by drawing games.
Southgate is a fraud....... The semi final was achieved by beating Tunisia, Panama and then losing to Belgium.

Followed by a scrape through against Columbia, beating Sweden before losing to Croatia and then Belgium.

We didn't beat anyone that we really shouldn't have been expected to comfortabley beat.... In fact we should probably have been expected to beat Croatia but folded like a deck of cards as they wanted it more.

Why was every pundit laying into Kane? It's not like anyone got him the ball. He actually created one of the only few chances England had by playing a nice ball across the box. He wasn't good, but a striker can only be as good as the service provided and it was non existent.

Kane already getting battered by the media - needs to dig deep and silence the cunts on Tuesday.

Our midfield also need to learn how to fucking pass the ball forward and provide for their striker.

As a neutral, England looked woeful honestly. Had a ton of the ball but were just slow with it and created very little.

Southgate really seems out of his depth, it's bizarre that someone like Mount is starting over Graelish or Sancho.

Harry may be scapegoated a bit but he's not getting any service at all.

England just seem like a team with absolutely no attacking strategy.

Mount isn't starting over either of those. Foden started over Grealish and Sterling over Sancho.

What I want to know is why one of the best young talents in world football, Sancho, has yet to have a kick for a side that's currently struggling to create? Why is Bellingham not at least being brought on as a sub considering he has more natural talent than the likes of Rice and Phillips combined?
Absolutely but he always picks or brings his favourites on in sterling and rashford every time, show some balls Southgate and make serious changes on Tuesday cause i ain’t watching that shite again.

I don't understand why why you are so bitter towards Scotland. Look at their players, Ive never heard of half of them and yet they have done to Wembley and nicked a point. They have every right to be jubilant and still have a slim chance of qualifying from the group. The Scots hate the English, we are not bothered by them, of course they are cocky tonight. No big deal.
I'm absolutely delighted for their victory tonight. The plucky little Bravehearts gave it their all, bless.

What I want to know is why one of the best young talents in world football, Sancho, has yet to have a kick for a side that's currently struggling to create? Why is Bellingham not at least being brought on as a sub considering he has more natural talent than the likes of Rice and Phillips combined?
Don't expect Southgate to change anything.

He'll have a ring binder completely full of reasons why he should pick the shite team he picks and he'll have been working on it for months....

He's not changing it for anyone....... I mean FFS.... He took off Foden!!! The only real threat we had in the field.

Absolutely but he always picks or brings his favourites on in sterling and rashford every time, show some balls Southgate and make serious changes on Tuesday cause i ain’t watching that shite again.

Soon as he threw Rashford on up front I wasn't surprised that Scotland finished the stronger of the sides. Might as well have gone down to 10 men - Rashford playing as a lone striker is absolutely useless. But Calvert-Lewin is a player that absolutely relies on decent service, which is why I would have left Kane on regardless of him struggling at the moment.

Mount isn't starting over either of those. Foden started over Grealish and Sterling over Sancho.
Mount was occupying a ton of the exact same spaces that Graelish operates in. Yes he plays in a different position than Sancho, but choosing Mount means you're opting for a particular attacking structure which means you can't play other players.

He's just not better than other players he's being selected over.

Kane already getting battered by the media - needs to dig deep and silence the cunts on Tuesday.

Our midfield also need to learn how to fucking pass the ball forward and provide for their striker.
Fucking souness ripped him to shreds after the game but said nothing about the other players all that was missing was Roy Keane with his favourite line of “Well he plays for Tottenham and they let you down “ absolute tossers.

Gary: "Sometimes you have to be patient and not go flying forward...."

Some of the time would be nice though, eh?

Mount was occupying a ton of the exact same spaces that Graelish operates in. Yes he plays in a different position than Sancho, but choosing Mount means you're opting for a particular attacking structure which means you can't play other players.

He's just not better than other players he's being selected over.

Mount is the least of England's problems.

Back
Top Bottom