England Vs Scotland - Friday 18th June, 8pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep sorry. Always about playing to strengths and not enough honesty about Kane taking control and doing more.

Kane is a long way off being a very good striker at present let alone a World class one

Lukaku at the moment would be infinitely better than Kane even with the so called lack of service.

Kane is simply in because of his reputation and being the captain. That aside no justification right now.

Hopefully it changes but it's hope more than expectation as things stand.
Kane just had the most goals and most assists in the Premier League, how does that NOT make him a world class striker?

If anything it's an indictment of the tactical setup that England has the caliber of attacking players they do, and he's looking so ordinary.

I wouldn't say Kane is in the England team on reputation, he's in it because he is a very good striker, most probably the best out and out striker for a generation.
He hasn't played well so far but hopefully Southgate will stop trying not to lose and unleash the attacking players and try and win.
Agree he had to keep dropping back to get a touch of the ball like he does for us

Must piss him off

Since the FA made Steve Holland England no.2 from Chelsea, Southgate has had his hands tied behind him.

Southgate is now leaving out all the players he had before including all the Spurs ones. Did you notice Holland came out the dug out to whisper to Southgate behind his hand something, then a minute later Harry Kane was amazingly subbed!! One of the dumbest decisions ever made by an England manager especially as we needed a goal.

He then played Rashford with his back to goal, a role he never plays for his club Man.U. Southgate also nobbled England taking off Fodan who was the best player out there.

I also notice nobody passing to Harry Kane, meanwhile Mount gets "David Beckham" praise for doing nothing (apart from missing a sitter at the near post early on).

England are so negative and boring and have no passion unlike Wales. This is what the FA want as they support Sky who are not allowed to show England matches.

England has the only FA in the world that does not suuport their own national team. Roy Keane the Irish twit has blamed it all on Kane and the anti-Spurs media are trying to get the last Tottenham player out.

I actually think our happiness after a draw and a good performance offends the English more than if we had won.

Literally offended by our happiness. Offended that we like our team. Offended that we are proud of our country. Offended that our national pride isn't racist xenophobia. It's so strange.

Kane just had the most goals and most assists in the Premier League, how does that NOT make him a world class striker?

If anything it's an indictment of the tactical setup that England has the caliber of attacking players they do, and he's looking so ordinary.

Absolute nonsense.

Who did Kane score against of note last season?

I actually think our happiness after a draw and a good performance offends the English more than if we had won.

Literally offended by our happiness. Offended that we like our team. Offended that we are proud of our country. Offended that our national pride isn't racist xenophobia. It's so strange.
u wot m8 GIF

I'm more offended that they don't know how to use litter bins. So strange.

Still,it probably made them feel at home. Bless.

Last edited:
IMO the biggest issue is how we are using the FB's. I'll leave the debate about individual aside as it's not that important for now but BOTH FB's were very, very deep yesterday.

This has a profound effect on how we manufacture our attacks. The biggest disappointment was Scotland played with a back 3. The easiest way to beat a back three is to go around them down the sides as back three's play narrow and ultimately control the spaces between the width of the box. We didn't do that at all (we attempted 3 crosses from our FB's all night, Robertson created 11 on his own!).

To play deep is clearly an instruction as it was exactly the same when Tripps and Walker played in the previous game. Also, in both games now it's clear we are not looking to use them to progress the ball and link play in the oppo half, they barely touch the ball in the oppo half.

It means we aren't stretching the oppo, it doesn't matter if we invert the FB's or have them stay wide to create width, if they play inverted then it's the wide AM that should be overlapping or just staying wide to stretch the pitch.

The knock-on is oppo always defend with a numerical advantage, a back three isn't put under duress about having to make a decision of remaining narrow or being forced out wide and out of shape to stop a cross etc. Basically, they are set, in shape.

Without them involved in the build-up, even used as a wall pass from Midfielder with a one-two there nothing to cause problems for the oppo defence, this massively reduces the space that Kane has, in fact, it means Kane has none at all to work with, as the CB's can remain in shape and narrow, even if he looks for space across the line, they can just pass him off between them.

On the very rare occasion Shaw went forward we created spaces in their defence.

It doesn't matter who the personnel is be that the FB's, midfield (Mount, Sterling, Foden, Grealish or Kane, Sancho, Rashford) the problem will still be there is he don't push our FB's up.

Here we go!!! I love this game......................

Some would say …..one of the best.
That made it 3-1 and Scotland came very close to knocking one of the eventual finalists out on goal difference but Jonny Rep scored a late goal

The 3-1 Peru defeat did the damage but all the England fans had to watch Ally’s Tartan Army on TV 📺

Since the FA made Steve Holland England no.2 from Chelsea, Southgate has had his hands tied behind him.

Southgate is now leaving out all the players he had before including all the Spurs ones. Did you notice Holland came out the dug out to whisper to Southgate behind his hand something, then a minute later Harry Kane was amazingly subbed!! One of the dumbest decisions ever made by an England manager especially as we needed a goal.

He then played Rashford with his back to goal, a role he never plays for his club Man.U. Southgate also nobbled England taking off Fodan who was the best player out there.

I also notice nobody passing to Harry Kane, meanwhile Mount gets "David Beckham" praise for doing nothing (apart from missing a sitter at the near post early on).

England are so negative and boring and have no passion unlike Wales. This is what the FA want as they support Sky who are not allowed to show England matches.

England has the only FA in the world that does not suuport their own national team. Roy Keane the Irish twit has blamed it all on Kane and the anti-Spurs media are trying to get the last Tottenham player out.
If that’s true then surely another reason not to hire Gary

No fucking bollocks!

I think Portugal have been shocking more than Germany have been anything great. That's not to say they haven't played well though, especially after they went 1 down.

Back
Top Bottom