Nuno Espírito Santo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nuno

• Total voters
History. That sort of football used to win things. Other than Simeone i cant think of too many other negative teams that have won much in the last few years. We also tried that sort of football with Graham, Santini and AVB and they all crashed and burned. Negative football just doesn't work at this club. We dont win much anyway so we might as well try and enjoy it which i did underJol, Redknapp and Poch.
Negative football got us a trophy with Graham as well. Thats half our trophies in the last 25-30 years or so. Im not saying we should play negative football deliberately. Just that it does win stuff and lot when it comes to someone like jose or simeone.

Simeone should not be compared to Jose. His Athleticism teams look nothing like us or United under Jose (or Wolves under Nuno).

Simeone doesn’t have AM sit back and pray, they don’t look like they are constantly ready to concede like we did. They control the game with their defensive style and aren’t afraid to attack either. Unlike Jose teams they have a plan when they have the ball. They aren’t scared to try and score.

Negative football got us a trophy with Graham as well. Thats half our trophies in the last 25-30 years or so. Im not saying we should play negative football deliberately. Just that it does win stuff and lot when it comes to someone like jose or simeone.
Yeah i know, i was a season ticket holder through that crap and i can tell you a dull league cup win was not worth 2.5 years of utterly turgid football. Good football has a better chance of winning things in modern football and is obviously better to watch so i dont want a negative manager getting near the club ever again.

Simeone should not be compared to Jose. His Athleticism teams look nothing like us or United under Jose (or Wolves under Nuno).

Simeone doesn’t have AM sit back and pray, they don’t look like they are constantly ready to concede like we did. They control the game with their defensive style and aren’t afraid to attack either. Unlike Jose teams they have a plan when they have the ball. They aren’t scared to try and score.
We always look like conceding because we have the likes of sanchez, dier, doherty, aurier, reguilon and davies. I think quality of players also affects how the team plays a lot more than just a 'system'.

We always look like conceding because we have the likes of sanchez, dier, doherty, aurier, reguilon and davies. I think quality of players also affects how the team plays a lot more than just a 'system'.

He chose to play a lot of those guys when better options were available. He can't whine about having to use Dier when he loved Dier before coming here and when he got here.

AM doesn't have the talent of Barca and RM but because Simeone is a quality manager he gets them to play better than their skill might indicate. He doesn't have them scared to make a mistake but confident in what they can do.

Also, if we have those players at our disposal then we should play a way that works best for them not force them into a style that highlights their flaws.

Spot on. Nearly every game this year watching spurs had me wondering what our game plan was. Our tactics under Jose were non existent and the players fitness levels were piss poor.

Back
Top Bottom